you start my man

bait

you first

ok I'll start

mandatory

slept on

this, also you start op

Not super psychedelic but it sure works well with psychedelics

psych is a very loose term because for example this album is very "psych" but is not classified as psych nor is it about drugs or drug trips

Walking the Rhythm is probably my favourite song by them

Holy shit dude I just posted fishmans we must be soul mates
Want to mindmeld?

More like pic?

what?

Fishmans

its more prog than psych to be honest..... not really psych

I'm surprised no one here on Sup Forums likes Sun Araw

Please lurk more

Tobacco's solo stuff is excellent.

Bamnan and silvercork or trials of Van Occupanther by Midlake, or under the western freeway, the sophtware Slump, and sumday by grandaddy.

do you have to trip to these albums to fully appreciate them, or is that a myth?

>implying is this it isn't god tier
Fuck neo-Sup Forums

feck u shine on is psychedelic as hell

lol............. lmao

A myth

any Grateful Dead bootleg

You can get the feel of it either way, though I'd imagine tripping would enhance it.

Never done it myself.

good album but how the hell is Strokes psychadellic

its about a guy who did a lot of LSD, but its not about acid or about drug trips, sorry not psych

Not that

if you want to fully appreciate anything, trip out

myth, stoners tell everyone this so they can feel special

I mean the sound is psychedelic, you can't tell my Gilmour's solo at the start doesn't have psych vibes

Yeah, I listen to a lot of psych but only smoke weed occasionally. Never tripped, though I'm not against it. Just never felt like I was ready until recently.

did you even listen to it? pay attention to the guitar, it has the typical psychedelic fuzz sound and many the songs have psychedelic themes

I mean yeah it'll be a totally different experience on drugs, but that doesn't mean you need the drugs to appreciate the music it's just that the music makes the high even better

what? It's a fucking pop rock album dude

Yeah I definitely have a plan to take shrooms soon. I have a list of albums ready, basically to facilitate a good trip.

>the guitar has a psychedelic tone and the music has psychedelic themes

someone doesn't know what psychedelic is

I am supposed to trip L sometime soon, trying to get together with my buds and figure out a good music selection.

Pink Floyd is psych, and prog, and pop. They are not mutually exclusive. There's no doubt that most of PF's stuff is influenced by psychedelic drug use. No need to be a purist when it comes to stupid labels.

this is way better for acid than safe as milk

youtube.com/watch?v=-BYTD7wZVU8

Is it fair to call this album psychedelic? I mean, it's certainly out there, and sounds amazing stoned

but thats not correct only their first albums were truly psych the rest is prog

piper at the gates of dawn -- dark side = psych
WYWH -- endless river = prog

You're implying prog rock doesn't have its roots in psychedelic rock. Psych is more a genre modifier than it is a genre in itself.

prog does have roots in psych rock but its not about psychedelia or drug trips, so its not psych

white light white heat is more psych than WYWH because its about drugs or has references to them and the experience in most of the songs, namely the title track and sister ray

I agree, psych and prog overlap a ton and PF is a good example of it

I listened to this album for the first time while tripping and had a very fun time

made a small chart of the stuff that i think is god tier but hasnt been posted in the thread yet.
where my peaking lights familia at?
also gas isnt psychedelic necessarily but its layerd and textured af
not too into blues psych but this is pretty good
goat
glad to see someone else who likes sun araw
check out peaking lights, you might like em, sort of in the same vein
its great laying back music
thoughts are bells feels like im getting soaked in the music
still need to check out fishmans
not really psych
agreed
its a good album

Why has nobody posted this yet?

i was thinking of posting it but i put madcap instead lol.

My AOTY

dude lightning bolt is my shit nigga

psychedelics just make any music sound better
The best music i listened to on acid was Strunz & Farah which is just spanish guitar world music

Kek

Nice , fucking love that album

good taste

Why don't people talk about this? God-tier psychedelic space hip-hop

>we wuz kangz
>white people keepin us from freeing our minds
>one day we gon kill the white man in our electric pyramids nigga
>the verse "they give us internets, program racist sequences" is delivered unironically

yeah nah, shabazz palaces has the depth and color of A4 paper

Just gonna leave this right here...

SILVER APPLES - OSCILLATIONS

(1968)

youtube.com/watch?v=t1xOZyBc2Ck

why does black music constantly get dismissed as 'we wuz kings' here. It's absurd. Regardless of the lyrics (which are mostly abstract anyways,) the production on this album is unlike any other in the genre and it deserves to be recognized for it

nice

666 aphrodites child

it's a bag of cheap tricks for blacks that want to feel 'woke'

same with white 'le wrong generation' and 'redpill' kids

'We wuz kangz' feels like a cheap trick mu uses to dismiss an album completely with no real discussion. I understand how being 'woke' can be offputting and seem immature, but I'm not sure if it applies to this album. I havent actually read through the lyrics, and since they don't really seem to be the focus, as they are often buried in reverb or put behind the production, I never felt the need to. Do you at least agree the album is sonically interesting?

kek'd and check'd

my man

People saying myth haven't done psychs because they can't get ahold of them, are too scared to do them or have just never had an interest in doing. I wouldn't say it's needed but it's good to experience it

Because each board on Sup Forums is really just Sup Forums + Sup Forums + /the board you're on/
They say it's simple-minded music repeated by the simple-minded by using simple-minded memes repeated by the simple-minded. I'm just entertained by the Sup Forums cancer anymore.

haha yeah dude if its popular it means it isn't good so lets unironically post contrarian non psych albums what a great thread

hidden gem

OK I'm not so sure about them when listening to their previous albums but this one is really good.

whats up friends, posting some cool stuff i like

funky

how can you resist haircuts like these

>nobody has posted The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Oo ya

ok folks im done thanks for listening i highly recommend

If you count space-rock as psychedelia then fucking everything Hawkwind did between 1970 and 1975

I THINK YOU STOLE MY HEART NOW BAAABY

>inb4 1st song meme

It doesn't, it has prog vibes, a clean, crisp guitar sound. If you check out their earlier stuff it's more distorted and "trippy"

You can enjoy it without but I'd imagine that psychs add another side to it.