So Sup Forums whats your local scene like?

so Sup Forums whats your local scene like?
has anyone from your hometown made it big?

mine is okay, no one really famous/notable in the industry though. pic related just released their album. it's pretty good but other than that not much else is going on in Albany, NY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUNBRFhDyyA
youtube.com/watch?v=cd-2qYpRh08
youtube.com/watch?v=G9gKIyUzWnI
mumblr.bandcamp.com
howlish.bandcamp.com
abireimold.bandcamp.com
wearenothing.bandcamp.com
michellezauner.bandcamp.com
xxthinlipsxx.bandcamp.com
palmnewyork.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=ryP7e0dnEm8
youtube.com/watch?v=YyvUcArWpac
youtu.be/uYzFiUNZjNI
youtube.com/watch?v=AvNSIY045XI
youtu.be/nJSjhW-sf4Q
novacationgrrl.bandcamp.com/album/amo-xo
theshes.bandcamp.com/
highsunn.bandcamp.com/album/flower-funeral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel like the majority of Sup Forums doesn't leave the basement to see their local scene.

Mines great. There are a ton of great bands popping up. Here's one of my favorites. They always put on good shows with tons of energy. That and each member of that band is a good hardworking person.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUNBRFhDyyA

>Tfw socially anxious and have 0 friends who share similar interests in music

Wanna go to some DIY shows alone and get involved but im nervous to talk to people

eh I don't really like mine because its not the style of music I like.

I'm not cool enough to go anywhere, but it sounds pretty active

other than my friend who has a bandcamp, i have heard nothing about any music scene here
the bars have cover bands, i think

youtube.com/watch?v=cd-2qYpRh08

You should give it a go. You got nothing to loose. I find drinking helps. I've been to a few shows where I'm the only person I know going. Then I'll drink and I won't care.

There might be some music that you like where your at or outside the city you live in. You could probably find some neat gigs that you'd have to drive to. Where I'm at it's mostly metal, rap, swamp punks, rockabilly, and a sea of cover bands.

>be black
>be in Jacksonville
>try to go to local scenes
>get shot down all the time when trying to say hi to the band
>get sized up every club I go to

Besides that, nothing really happens in Jax.

There are a ton of bands in Jax. It's a college town and the amount of indie prop rock bands there is astounding.

The problem with bands that are shitty to people who are interested in their music is that the band is never as good as they think they are. I'm all for cool music scenes, but douches make music suck. I like it when it's very clear the band just likes making music/putting on a good show.

Point me in the right direction, user.

>I feel like the majority of Sup Forums doesn't leave the basement to see their local scene.

They don't. Most of Sup Forums is completely disconnected from actual underground music, their relationship with music begins and ends with the internet.

Providence RI is great, p decent crop of new bands popping uo the past few years

I'm from Chile, SA country, from a little town called "Puerto Montt" and i'm more into the punk scene. If you like punk in general, you should listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=G9gKIyUzWnI

is there anyone good in auburn

Philadelphia is pretty great. A LOT of twee but also some good punk and shoegazey stuff. Some of my favorites:

mumblr.bandcamp.com
Punky, fuzzy, goofy guys

howlish.bandcamp.com
Reverby, ambient, emoish

abireimold.bandcamp.com
Noisy, gritty singer-songwriter stuff

wearenothing.bandcamp.com
Shoegazey punk, metal influences

michellezauner.bandcamp.com
Twee, dream pop

xxthinlipsxx.bandcamp.com
Punk, power pop

palmnewyork.bandcamp.com
Math rock, metal

Also enjoy Hop Along and Modern Baseball but they've made it mainstream and no longer play scene shows.

whats your feelings on jank

>palmnewyork.bandcamp.com
Math rock, metal

I like this

Love jank. Went to their album release show and my friend got sucker punched by a drunk hockey bro. But love the band

I don't bother any more. There used to be a few good rock bands that weren't some flavor of metal, but I think they all got jobs.
It's nothing but coffee shops and waxed moustaches now.

They're real cool. Been playing bigger shows recently and just went on tour

unfortunately the band that made it from my town is asking alexandria

pdx?

Don't go to a lot of live music near me but these guys played at a show near me and I bought a CD from them because it's pretty solid and the chick singing has a good voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=ryP7e0dnEm8

Also I live in the Sacramento area so Death Grips and Cake both came from there which is pretty cool.

The people I know from my area have only punk bands, and theres some cool stuff in the city but I don't go to many venues.

Reminds me of

youtube.com/watch?v=YyvUcArWpac

This isn't what I like, but I saw these guys do a show at a brewery a while back. These guys are super nice, good musicians, and hard working. Just not my thing. I think they're definitely for teenagers. Reminds me a lot of what you posted though.

I live in bumfuck Ohio. Only shitty country artists around here

Birmingham here. Looking at the surface, it's all blues rock and Christian rock.
Here's a good heavy psych/Janis Joplin type band from here though
youtu.be/uYzFiUNZjNI

I like those guys though

youtube.com/watch?v=AvNSIY045XI

Sounds good, I love the soul in the singers voice

All I can find is reggae in Daytona. Is there anything else in this area?

These are from where I live in the U.K. they were kinda big/heard in the nineties, had an nme cover etc
youtu.be/nJSjhW-sf4Q

Is small and really underground (north Argentina) is not even reconized on my home country, i get to know at least 30 bands, what i love from my scene is that there are some really unique bands, experimental drone folk, andine post rock, etc. and the bands are really young,pic related my fave album from local scene(Scaruffi gave it a 7.0 fuck that guy)

Nah, Grand Rapids MI.
We have Mustard Plug, La Dispute, and Still Remains, and that's basically it.

ayyy albany! love me some prince daddy! love all the locals that play world citizen/uag/etc.

Milwaukee.

Lots of dadrock cover bands, pretty vibrant hip hop scene, and a metric shit ton of Pavement worship.

Sd Laika and Sat. Nite Duets are from here, which is cool.

>Hamilton Ont.

An unhealthy amount of Pop-Punk, some powerviolence, good punk stuff. and some Electronic stuff too

>Estonia overall

Nonexistant and I don't know any musicians so I have no idea where beginning artists get their start

They were oneofthe top sellers on pop punk or emo or rock on bandcamp so i know en

I don't think there's even a music scene where I live.

the San Francisco local scene is great if you really really really like indie pop. Thankfully there's a lot of west coast punk/metal bands that tour here.

here's some of the better indie pop stuff:
novacationgrrl.bandcamp.com/album/amo-xo
theshes.bandcamp.com/
highsunn.bandcamp.com/album/flower-funeral