Other urls found in this thread:

barlow.bandcamp.com/album/fell-asleep-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=AVFVE2OUcRE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sunbather

U deserve to die

can i suggest you get fucked

all of them

Going Blank Again is better than Loveless but classifying it as a shoegaze album just because it's a Ride album is misleading.

>Going Blank Again
>better than Loveless
Pick one

I have tried to get into Ride so many fucking times but its just bland britpop I have no idea why people lump their albums in with Souvlaki and Loveless

Souvlaki
Écailles de lune

First of all explain how Ride sounds like Britpop.

Try listening to their albums that aren't Carnival of Light or Tarantula

This is dreampop though
Although I do love this album and band.

keen on boys and a couple fo other track are shoegazy imh

Loveless is a pretty poor album IMO. It's influential, but not that good.

Honestly this album is amazing, why doesnt Sup Forums appreciate ?

Pic related is a list of all the shoegaze albums better than Loveless.

This is why /shugazi/ threads suck

This is more Dreampop rather than shoegaze. But still one of my favorites.

reminder

Why does he wear the cucumbers?

Listen to live renditions of Seagull, Dreams Burn Down and especially Nowhere.

Worth the shilling desu

wow so everything ever made by beach house is a throwback to this?

They're very similar. I'd say that Beach House is more indie rock and not as pop heavy as the Cocteau Twins were.

let's not get carried away

Probably because The Verve sold out and went full on Britpop.

why do you guys like Loveless, I've tried listening multiple times and I don't get it

Loveless is probably the most overrated and over protected album on /m/u. It's really not that amazing guys.

keep up the shoegaze dreampop recs guise

I adore loveless but something different is good too

I listened to it for the first time when I was around 14 and I didn't understand with the exception of two songs. Now this summer, 5 years later, I finally understood it when I played it abruptly, from front to back, after a year from the last attempt. In addition, it has become one of my favorite albums of all time.

To me it's an album that comes to you with time. Perhaps listen to more music? or it might be like Deathconsciousness where you have to have the experience of deep sadness to empathize? In this case a certain experience.

my bloody valentine ended shoegaze, Fishmans ended dream pop,slowdive buried them dead

Prove me wrong

dude i'm playing it right now and it's just not good, i'm trying to like it and it's not working

It's not for you, don't force yourself. Though it's widely acclaimed, it doesn't mean all individuals will like it.

This may sound stupid, but fuck it..
I mean, try listening to all the different layers one at a time. For example on To Here Knows When there's a lot of shit going on that it may be overwhelming at first, but you can't dive into it without slowing down and listening to the details. Most music is fast and abrupt, but this is music to meditate to and try projecting some of you into it, so you got to sit down and pay attention to it. For me, I'm detached, sleepy, and feel like i have glassy, misty eyes all the time so naturally the density of this album is perfect as to how it reflects the symptoms of smoking weed, because that's how I would describe this detachment or tiredness most of the time.

Try following the melodies and then move on to the crazy sounds Sheilds makes with the guitar

This and maybe deathconciousness

It's really good, but it's not Shoegaze.

This thing right here.
The best Shoegaze album I've ever heard, and probably one of the best rock albums I've listened to in general.

Loveless finished the genre. The concept and execution of it is so simple but elegant that every shoegaze artist since blatantly rips it off.

HEY

My cover has better resolution nigga.
Still, top taste mate.

I also really like this one, but I'm not sure if I can safely say that it's better than loveless.

>albums where only the first song is good
This album sucks too.
Amazing album, but mostly not shoegaze save for 1 or 2 songs.
I disagree with you, but this is the only answer in this thread that approaches a correct answer. It's a really fucking great shoegaze album.

Glad you like Swirlies.
Post more stuff tho.

This one is also great. Again, not sure if it's better than Loveless, but it's a sweet EP.

not better than loveless but good

I don't think there are any shoegaze albums that I would consider better than Loveless (though if you know of any please reply), but I would consider link related the best shoegaze release within the last 10 years.

I forgot the link related

barlow.bandcamp.com/album/fell-asleep-ep

tfw a christian band is better than MBV

i like this but the vocals are kind of grating

also everything else they've done is pretty garbage

what is it

I can't think of any other albums.
I know of other bands, but nothing that I deem worth recommending.

I'll listen to that album user, thanks,

This album is wonderful, my favourite of Cocteau Twins.

>i like this but the vocals are kind of grating
I disagree.
>also everything else they've done is pretty garbage
I agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=AVFVE2OUcRE

A lot of loyalty, for a hired guitar.

just to cover the raw flesh

hmm

The Goslings- Between the Dead
The Goslings- Occasion

Not better than Loveless but this is pretty much just shoegaze general now, isn't it?

LSD and the Search for God is the best thing since My Bloody Valentine and that's an objective fact.

name pl0x

I don't think any Shoegaze album is better than Loveless but this comes close imo

true patrician choice coming through

So good

one of the few albums I literally never drop from my mp3

agree

Does anyone have anything dreamy sounding like this?

peep this, family.

This guy gets it.

I would also make the claim that pic related is better than Loveless, or very close to its perfection.

My nigga

Will check out

Not him but Going Blank Again leans much more on the britpop side than shoegaze. Its not like saying something is britpop is an actual criticism, its just a genre

I like it a lot, but you post the same thread too often.

I don't even browse this subreddit that often but this thread is always here.

Souvlaki /thread

Came here to post this. LSD is the only group that can even hold a candle to Loveless

so much dis

>mouse trap
>cool your boots
>time machine
>ox4
It's okay to be a retard, but keep that shit to yourself.

Even a stopped plane goes down with no survivors twice a day.

They're amazing live and total bros after the show. They even hugged me and my friend.

also

Britpop wasn't a thing back then, it's nonsense. You might as well call the Stone Roses debut britpop in that case.

This is even better.

these are correct

pic related isn't shoegaze but it's noise pop and it's close enough
also the better 1991 album

Second EP was a let down though.

When the fuck will they reissue s/t? Itd sell out for sure

Haven't been able to get into this.

Maybe it's because I don't get high anymore, honestly. It's harder for me to really immerse myself in new music now

Good shoegaze and dream pope like this almost brings me to tears when I'm high. My headphone setup + dank kush makes music sound 5x better.

Is this the dreamiest dream pop album ever released?

Pot is the wrong drug for shoegaze and dream pop. You schould try opioids.

i mean i love fishmans but what makes you think they are anywhere near that influential

Yeah I'm a pussy who has only smoked and dabbled in psychs, don't really have an interest in expanding beyond that

Agreed. Also ketamine

their later stuff is more dreampop, but this one has like some obvious mbv inspired layers of noise