Techno general

why is there no single fucking thread about techno music?
It is literally the sound of this generation, people all around the world listen and dance to mesmerizing beats

What do you listen to? Who are your favourite producers?
What about the need and usage of drugs in the techno scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fKB1IQIx5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/bleep/ is the only thread because pardners cant let the geetah go or wiggers with their white guilt memerap

i dont really like techno music unless when im on drugs. i really dont get people that listen to techno when sober, but maybe thats just me. all my friends listen techno, hardstyle and stuff like that

Try dub techno, or ambient techno like Basic Channel or Robert Hood.

Which Robert Hood release would you recommend? I tried Minimal Nation and it was decent, but I've found searching random Robert Hood songs to be more enjoyable than Minimal Nation.

Techno isn't an album genre, try his boiler room set.

okay ill check it out, the only techno i have listened so far was the karenn boiler room set and it was amazing. can you recommend me something like that?

What is techno?

Blawan and Pariah obviously
Rrose
Nthng
Ansome
RodhÄd
Silent Servant

>not sure if bait or just American

Is "Electronic music" a correct term when referring to techno, dub-step, trance, dnb, experimental, and anything in general?

no

I wish /bleep/ wasn't shit tbqh. it's club/meme general(not salty from not being spoonfed).

I used to listen to techno a lot, but I got bored of all the releases that were just meant to be mixing tools. And I cba to dig through all the shit live sets to find those few absolutely brilliant ones.

Still try to go out to shows when some good label / artist is playing.

Techno artist who actually makes good albums: Kangding Ray

I'm a Murrican. Went to Europe for two weeks last year and got a taste of the techno scene in Berlin. I loved the vibe -- people dancing without the pretense that it could lead to fucking, just dancing for the elation. The secretiveness and obfuscation inherent to the aesthetic. I met so many fucking cool people from around the world at the clubs, ended up hanging at this anasthesiologist's house and smoking spliffs while he spun a private techno set. The whole experience opened my mind to how incredible techno can be.

The only problem is that there's no equivalent to this scene in New England. If I go to a club to see techno, it's at a corporate owned venue and filled with club kid chads. Without the context, I can't really enjoy the music. I've always been really into post-hardcore and punk, so I'm definitely primarily a guitar music kind of guy. I've tried putting on techno in private but it really does nothing for me outside of the proper environment.

Wat do.

>I've tried putting on techno in private but it really does nothing for me outside of the proper environment.
you don't like techno then you just like smoking weed and meeting people

i suggest you kys

Howdy pardner

>techno
is this 2002

That's mean m8

But you're probably right

How do you Europoors all love it so much, is it something in your pure genes?

Where at in NE? The closest city I'm near is Boston and there seems to be nothing at all except in NYC.

but it doesnt have any album art

Somerville

And you're right

I've been to some parties on Rugg Road in Allston where DJs have spun techno but it's still not the same.

I think it's based on the infrastructure and culture. Europe seems to have better transport, more compact cities, and staying out seems to be more acceptable.

Yes
edm is the umbrella term
the entire contents of this thread go in /bleep/

What do you guys think of this kinda music?

youtube.com/watch?v=7fKB1IQIx5M