Why isn't this your AOTY?

Seriously it's fucking perfect. Has all the good things about SILY with more lyrics and collaborations, and way more standout tracks.

>inb4 Frankie Sinatra
I like it, but I do see why some hate it. But one dud on an otherwise perfect album (which is pretty long too) shouldn't mean much.

7/10 at best

Because its not Lemonade.

sorry op but we're spoken for

EVERY MOMENT WE'RE TOGETHER MAKES ME HOPE IT LASTS FOREVER

I don't like the collaborations I don't like the collaborations I don't like the collaborations I don't like the collaborations

noisy eater

It is LITERALLY better than SILY.

Also, who's hype for pic related?

>Seriously its fucking perfect
>album has frankie sinatra and the noisy eater
riiiiiight

WELL EXCUSE ME
UM
UM

WELL EXCUSE ME
UM,

I agree. Better than SILY and nearly perfect (Noisey Eater is great, fuck the haters) (Frankie Sinatra is the low point of the album, but its a fine song)

OFFICIAL AOTY CONTENDERS
-Wildflower
-Blackstar
-Blonde
-elseq 1-5

Noisy Eater breaks the flow and the later parts of the album drag a bit. I hate sunshine, the sample gets annoying

Subways/Going Home SOTS, still my AOTY

One dud does not make a bad album, as you said. But Frankie Sinatra is more than just a dud. It's the worst single of 2016 so far and a contender for the decade. It's literally the most reddit tier, cringefest, fedora tipping piece of electroswing shite ever created, with a horrible bouncing tuba beat. I'm even willing to ignore the weak rapping and lyrics and just focus on the sample. Man, it's bad.

This isn't like Ob Li Di Ob La Da is to the White Album, a bad song which can be overlooked because of how good the album is as a whole. Frankie Sinatra is so bad and Reddit in concept alone that the album is automatically denied candidacy for AOTY.

this

>Ob Li Di Ob La Da
>a bad song
r u daft?

i fucking love Because I'm Me but don't really care for the rest of the album

How is Frankie Sinatra "reddit" and "fedora tipping" I mean, the song's a little goofy, but if that triggers you that hard you're probably listening to music for the wrong reason.

>literally an ode to a lewronggeneration artist and genre famous for the use of fedoras
>le classy swing music from when men dressed smartly with trilbies that I heard on Family Guy
>tuba beat
>not reddit

Frankie Sinatra is basically a lesser Frontier Psychiatrist, but instead of trying to be classy it goes in the opposite direction

Did you sincerely buy into the meme that everyone on reddit ACTUALLY likes Fedoras?
How many levels deep into irony are you?

I don't actually go there. Why are you so defensive of reddit, good sir?

>Frankie Sinatra is so bad and Reddit in concept alone that the album is automatically denied candidacy for AOTY.

Read that sentence aloud and think for a minute about how absurd it sounds.

You've been here too long.

lol why do you have a crusade over a fucking website

besides, this is a SONG we're talking about from an Australian group that has nothing to do with shitty internet culture

stop bringing everything down to the level of "everything i hate = reddit" and develop actual criticism

It's really not bad. I really like a lot of the variety in it, but the lyrics, the actual rap lyric collabs are fucking awful. Just putting some niggers rapping about the typical booty and weed. Fucking why? That's another issue, the album has way too much drug influence going on. Half the songs have a blunt or lighter sound effect, like okay I fucking get it, you guys got high, whoop dee fucking doo.

Overall though, the transtitions and flow of many of the songs are very nice and like I said, I do like it a good bit. Cut out the uninspired rap and nigger shit influence and it could be a 9/10 easily, but as it stands now it's good, not great.

i agree. nobody seems to acknowledge the completely inexcusably bad lyrics from all these otherwise good rappers. i blame the Avalanches for failing to have a cohesive idea of what they wanted the featured artists to rap about before they brought them on.

i mean just look at MF DOOM's verse on Frankie Sinatra. the dude actually put effort into his flow, like you expect, but what the fuck is he even talking about?
>Tanks of vodka, sip slow rocka ock
>Writ rhymes since the days with Frankie Crocker rocked
>From more stocky stock
>Known for his illy right hook to make Rocky block
>That's no poppy cock pirate
>We can keep it irie, or we can keep it irate
>Dilate
jesus christ DOOM is one of my favorite rappers and this shit makes him seem childish. on top of that it's criminally short to make room for another boring fucking Danny Brown verse that reads like half of it was written 2 minutes before recording and half of it is just copy pasted from the first verse

the rapping was where this album could have been saved, but unfortunately Robbie and Tony just have no idea how to give rappers direction

>I'm so high
>You're so high
>If I take another step
>Then I just might die

Now I can kind of half excuse this one ONLY because I imagine it as a tightrope reference when Sinatra sounds reall circus-y but

>Take another sip then I just might lie
Tell her what she wanna hear just to get between them thighs

Actually I take that first statement back, those are what I THOUGHT the lyrics were but I JUST looked em up for the second one, but my point was going to be, I could excuse the first one cause it's got a double meaning, but even that was innacurate. Goddamn. I'm just going off what I've heard, too, I haven't looked into the collabs or rappers or anything either.

I mean besides the shit song-writing I think the fact that they tried implementing something so 'non'-abstract' into the songs was a mistake. Because I feel like these songs are much more about the feeling the sounds give you to interpret, not at all about the lyrics, but that doesn't excuse it

I agree with you, although of course I have more emotional attachment to SILY.

And yeah, all Avalanches mixtapes are fire

> think the fact that they tried implementing something so 'non'-abstract' into the songs was a mistake. Because I feel like these songs are much more about the feeling the sounds give you to interpret, not at all about the lyrics, but that doesn't excuse it

Well said. They tried to be so fun and accessible it sounds dumbed down and ridiculous.

Wait do you think Frankie Sinatra is actually an ode to Frank Sinatra?

Do you actually think that a beat that doesn't have a swinging rhythm is electro swing?

Lemonade was such a shit album.

I wish all her YAAASSS QUEEN fans would get aids.

tanks of vodka, sip slow rocka-ock = I'm assuming you're confused about the rocka-ock part, rocker is a slang term for friend as is ock (short for the Arabic word for brother, ties into the Farrakhan reference later)

Frankie Crocker was a radio DJ who started getting big as a DJ around the time MF Doom was born.

Stocky stock = he's got fat (stocky) stock investments

Illy right hook to make rocky block = this should be obvious but he's making a punching/chorus of a song pun as well as a Rocky the movie/A$AP Rocky pun.

That's no poppy cock pirate = poppycock is British slang for BS/nonsense, Doom is referencing where he was born, pirate like thepiratebay, he's not "pirating" anyone else's style.

Irie/irate= these are opposites, but this ties into the next line, keeping it all peaceful (Irie) for the sake of not pissing somebody off, or getting irrationally angry (irate) are both usually disingenuous responses, so he suggests to open your mind (dilate) and just approach conflicts with rationality.

I haven't heard it. I stopped caring about things last year.

You're delusional and the gays are going nowhere

I'm just sad that no one who said MF doom's lyrics are nonsense is going to acknowledge my comment because that would mean acknowledging that the lyrics make sense and you were wrong. I've actually never seen anyone here acknowledge that they are wrong, ever.

Is that from Tumblr? To say you don't like the album is one thing, but "disappointment of the decade" just sounds laughable. If you share that opinion, you just jumped on the SILY bandwagon a decade or more late.

I personally think it's better than SILY, although it's hard to compare the two. Wildflower is just better constructed as an album. It's definitely my AOTY and nothing else comes close. Although I did really enjoy Pup's new album, I wouldnt rank it that high.

What is so wrong with Frankie Sinatra? I just listened to it for the first time and it wasn't THAT bad.

It's a Sup Forums meme. That's it. Don't worry about it. It's not a terrible song. It was just their first single they released so people attacked it and started with the "fedora" meme. It actually grew on me and I really like it.

I like Ob La Di Ob La Da you dick. if anything Revolution 9 is the worst thing off the white album

FRANKIE SINATRA
FRANKIE SINATRA
FRANKIE SINATRA

it's a good album okay. stop it

Nah m8 you're right. Those bars make perfect sense. Don't like the song but there's nothing wrong with his verse.

There are a lot of better albums this year. It's not always the most hyped releases that are best

Not him, but Lemonade is nothing special

I dunno. Your post is at least 10 times cringier than the song and the song is pretty cringey.

Nothing you said has anything to to with the song. Besides you mentioning the tuba sample every last thing you said sounds like spoonfed autistic "muh generation sucks" bullshit from the mouth of an angry thirteen year old.

LETS WAKE UP SIDE BY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

8/10 i liked how carefree it was
frankie sinatra and noisy eater were bad but not terrible i hated subways so much tho worst song on the album imo
its saved by songs like if i was a folkstar and wozard of id without those it would be a 6/10