>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ6bE4z5vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crashing this thread

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock
>Music "theory"

O I am laffin

Should I get a Squier Jazzmaster? I have looked up a little bit about it, and played it recently in store and loved it. I am also new guitar so want to get more feedback before I purchase.

first for extended range

Second for Memes

How about I extend my cock in your ass you fucking faggot?

How you make a crowning file from wood or whatever? An user mentioned you could do it, was wondering how..

going to sleep now

Anyone use a bass wah with a guitar? Pros/cons?

Anyone care to comment on my technique? I'm some 3-4 months into playing.

My left hand bothers me the most, it both looks and feels retardedly strained, but that's the only way I can fully fret the strings. If I try to keep it more relaxed or in a more natural position without nearly breaking my wrist I can't press the strings all the way down. When watching technique videos it baffles me how the fuck do pro players make it look like they just effortlessly barely touch the strings.

I rather fix this before the bad habit settles in or I fuck my hand up, but anything I tried so far didn't work. And I know my picking is shit too, but I think that's easier to fix and less critical at this stage.

Thanks. And have a cookie if you recognize the song.

webms dont have sound on this board

Sound is irrelevant to the question here.

You don't have to press the exact tip of the finger on the string to get a sound out. Just practice playing single notes up and down the fretboard to build the muscles in your hands.

you're sucking your arm/elbow into your body

raise your strap so it's a bit tighter and the neck is raised up more.

you've only been playing for 3-4 months so you're muscles aren't really fully build up yet, but from what i can see you're mostly off to a good start

i think you're main problem is you're crimping off your wrist too much and there's too much pressure on it. go look at classical players and pay attention to how their arm and wrist is positioned

Come on dude, you'll get much better help if we can hear you too.
For one though, fix your arm like user said, but also, try to get out of your hunch. Try to sit with a straighter back.
Aside, again like user said, it /looks/ like you're playing especially decently given the timeframe, which is good, but I'd rather trust my ears than my eyes.

>how the fuck do pro players make it look like they just effortlessly barely touch the strings

That'll come naturally once you've built up enough hand strength and have the muscle memory to move up and down the fretboard without thinking about it. When you're just starting out you almost have to press down on the strings as hard as you possibly can, which makes your hand look strained. I wouldn't worry so much about how your hands look, just focus on hitting the right notes.

>. When you're just starting out you almost have to press down on the strings as hard as you possibly can, which makes your hand look strained.

the problem with this is if he keeps crimping/bending off his wrist like that+pushing down hard on the strings like most beginners do, he may end up with carpal tunnel

/gg/, has this guy changed it up for the guitar game?

No.

>djent
>shred
>cinematic interlude
>random genre-change interlude
>djent some more
>shred some more

It's a pretty standard formula. His shred is just quicker than most people's

when will the djent meme end i cant deal with it anymore

I actually don't see the appeal in quantising-core

>chug
>garbage uninteresting sweeps
>chug
>gay uninteresting melodic passage
>more chug
the only thing that's impressive about him is his success

Post fretboard closeup

basically one of his songs on youtube, forgot which one but i never listened to the other one

BC Rich?

>I play punk rock on my shitty LTD guitar and Peavey combo

Schecter

>You don't have to press the exact tip of the finger on the string to get a sound out.
I don't actually, though I've been trying to. Most of the time I end up pressing down with the, uh, fingerprint area of my finger, which also causes a lot of slipping and muting of nearby strings.

That's actually helpful, thanks lads.

>When you're just starting out you almost have to press down on the strings as hard as you possibly can
Yeah, pretty much.

Fair enough, I'll record something tomorrow. Is there something like clyp for videos? I don't have a yt account and won't bother making one for that.

Anyone buy used Amplifiers? Specifically online? I don't know shit about amplifiers and have been using combo Orange and cheap Fenders for years but i'm considering getting a used Twin Reverb or maybe JCM 2000? Should I ever buy a used amplifier online or should I check the local dealers?

Thoughts on the Tribucker?

always check local before buying online.

>I just fell for the meme
this picks are fucking awfull
i had to makes small cuts in it because 0 grab

John mclaughlin play live without amp
what can you say about that?

Yamaha did it better. I do like the sound of them though.

>0 grab

How fucking sweaty are your ape paws, user?

get jazz III max grips

im actually used to those
but i did find a lot about the .88 ones and etc
turn out that they are fucking shit

That's my brand

i bought a bass and i want to git really gud
how did you guys git gud when you first started?

play thrash metal songs

We use amphetamines and rubber fingertip protectors.

Hal Leonard's Bass Method Complete Edition
>$20

Why did Jazzmasters outmeme Jaguars?

I feel like Jazzmasters are more sought after than Jags

Jags are for people with baby hands and Jazzmasters are long scale

don't most hipsters have baby hands

Best overdrive pedal for good tone through a 2x12 solid state fender amp? Can spend up to $200.

I'd just buy a tube amp again but budget and shit.

M8 they're the only pick I'll use

>.60mm

What's wrong with that?

Whats a good, inexpensive gig bag that provides sufficient enough protection against bumps to transport my 655 around school?

I'm not autistic enough to carry a hardcase around.

Just get fender medium

too flimsy

it's thin as fuck. 1.35mm masterrace here

What type of music u usually play - 0.6 for blues rock?

get a mono meme bag. they're actually pretty nice.
I much prefer gig bags to hard cases any way.

just strap it around your neck and strum some chords while you walk to classes, you'll get a lot of girls and look cool
>I'm not autistic enough to carry a hardcase around.
sure thing

>tfw in high school I carried around a tweed guitar case every day to every class.

may i ask how much vagina was thrown at you due to this tweed guitar case?

Guys pls halp me

Does guitar ease depression for u? What if youre too depressed to play

Exactly. Mostly blues rock shit and country. If I switch it up and go to metal I play a heavier pick along with heavier gauge strings.

I hope you're kidding

Mono is extremely expensive though, I'm looking for something cheaper.

Kek , jazz fag

used to help, doesn't anymore. the only time where it does help at this point is when i'm playing with other people. practicing by myself just bores the shit out of me

guitar helps depression in the long term in that it gives you a way of progressing on something when everything else in your life is stagnant

yeah, it does

Literally zero. I was also that dude in high school that would never get a haircut and just roll out of bed and go to school giving zero fucks about how I looked for maximum grunge vibe.

Shocker, right?

Why - isnt it .5-.6mm ?

>tfw stagnant on guitar

i was expecting at least 2.5 vaginas thrown at you

>yfw I went to school two hours early every day to practice with the school jazz band
>yfw I brought a metal zone one day and played all my parts with it just for keks

But thats a great way to live. Those guys still get gf's if their band has followers

Tru

Literally the shittiest picks money can buy. Chip and wear faster than anything

Thats a great way to get gud. I wish i did jazz guitar in high school

If you like it sure, you could do worse but look into upgrading the bridge after you get it.

Power through

Late to the party, but if your hand starts getting tired, take a little break. Don't "play through it" because you could fuck yourself up. Think of like short sets of heavy lifting with rests between sets to build muscle. When you build enough, get to endurance.

I tried to learn as many primus songs as i could because i was into them. then i looked up scales. then i got into music theory. probably skipped a few steps. tried to write my own music during all of this and never gave up.

tinder redhead with big boobs, avg face made excuses to not go on a date but keeps texting me "hey"

songs to learn on guitar for this feel?

Moon Funeral by Artificial Brain

youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ6bE4z5vs

Pawn shops. Sometimes they don't know exaxtly what they have so you can get a deal. There will probably be starter pack amps with 6" speakers, and shit rich kids made their parents buy them thinking it will make them good.

Gee maybe she was actually busy

the 2000's were an awkward time

doubt it, she said she can't stand sitting through movies when i asked if she wanted to see a movie friday afternoon, and then she said she doesn't know her schedule and might be busy when i asked if she wanted to do something else. then i asked if she wanted me to drive over to her dorm and watch netflix and chill and she said her roommate was in the room when she could've just kicked her out

I use those picks. That, or the 1mm. For like 12 years. Try the gator grip?

I've never learned to play an instrument but want to pick up bass guitar

good or bad idea?

Fender heavy and Dunlop 2mm gator grips for me.

This 100%. Every style of fender picks sucks balls.

Pretty much the best one to pick. All you do is play single notes, no silly chords to worry about and only 4 strings

Are 24.75 scale guitars comfortable? i've tried jaguars and they don't lend themselves well for my long fingers

Anyone have any suggestions?

how"d you guys start out?

i started guitar with internet resources but i don't know about bass, guess it's pretty much the same, if you have the money and the will you can look for lessons in your town.