Pretentiousness kills creativity, which is why nobody on Sup Forums has ever made anything even remotely creative

pretentiousness kills creativity, which is why nobody on Sup Forums has ever made anything even remotely creative.

No
Ricky Eat Acid was one of us and he made it.

everything you just said is wrong

I've made something both partially pretentious (to some) and somewhat creative

I recorded my fridge

not really he isn't that great desu super cliche shit

its not like being on a website really defines who you are, anyways

nice [spoiler]creative[/spoiler] rebuttal there family

post it

Then why are so many artists pretentious?

Sonic youth LIVED in pretense and they were and still kind of are one of the most creative rock bands.

they aren't, you just associate them with your own insecurity/pretentiousness. They're just making music they want to make without thinking about how people will perceive them

what? shut the fuck up, 95% of made artists are pretentious

>They're just making music they want to make without thinking about how people will perceive them

>this
>not a projection
How can you possibly make such a broad generalization with a straight face?

Because they accomplish something, and then they turn to shit.

>this thread
>watching all the assblasted hipster vinyl collecting elitist come out of the woodwork

This is the Sup Forums I know and love

nice mangum there buddy

What? Are you going to try and tell me that by dismissing an album because its "popular" or that collecting vinyl records because "the sound quality is better" somehow makes you a better artist? You follow a fucking hivemind on Sup Forums your taste is fucking garbage either way

No, user. There are artists that are genuinely pretentious.

what exactly makes sonic youth pretentious

Yes, user. and those artist are not any good

Just about everything about them, their attitude their lyrics, the fact that they play noise rock, that they picked on Narduwar, I like them a lot too, but it's pretty hard to miss. Thurston's lyrics are kinda out there and can be really on point, but there is no self awareness in him reading his poetry.

But nobody on Sup Forums has any illusions of importance. Sup Forums folk are jaded and cynical to a flaw. We may have distain for other people, but it's nothing compared to the distain we have for ourselves and others of our kind. That is quite literally the opposite of pretension. If your assertion that pretentiousness killed creativity had any foundation, then we would be amongst the most creative people around.

This is why I will never be successful in music or anything else desu senpai

Now what

You're unpretentious, and yet you are also unproductive and uncreative; you're clear evidence that OP is full of shit, and that pretentiousness and a lack of creativity are not linked.

Well done user, your uselessness has found a use in science.

Did I forget to link to you? Oops.

i dont get this get

what about this one

Chekd

YOU FUCKING WASTED THESE QUINTS FAGGOT

Good grief. Do people really consider themselves as belonging to some kind of community here? As if thats possible in an atmosphere of anonymity?

Pro Tip; if you are using 4chin as anything other than a free personal focus group you're doing it wrong.

>i dont get this get
well yeah you didn't. this guy did

>anonymity
So what? You still get shat on for having a different opinion. There's many people here who claim to like things only because majority of this board does.

wtf are you talking about im animal collective and i browse Sup Forums everyday you worthless particle of dust

I'm pretty sure that Sonic Youth was only pretending to be pretentious

What use could Sup Forums possibly be as a focus group? Do you really think we'd make an effective enough cross-section of society to use as a sample?

There is literally nothing wrong with being pretentious

Nah, if you watch other interviews from around that time, they're not as obnoxious but they're still pretty bad. Mostly Thurston and Lee, but Steve gets in on it too, and Kim seems to be the only one that's not a dick. Still pretentious, but not a dick. To be fair though, if I made music as well as they did, I would probably be pretty pretentious too.