Can somebody tell me the appeal of Radiohead, I just don't get it

Can somebody tell me the appeal of Radiohead, I just don't get it

here's the thing. everyone who is REALLY into radiohead says Kid A is their best album.

maybe, but it's not very accessible.

If you don't get radiohead yet, just listen to ok computer a few times. Only fitter happier is something that could be skipped. the other songs should hook themselves into your psyche in no time at only.

if you come away from ok computer still not liking the band, may god have mercy on your soul.

>Kid A
>not very accessible

If you're a pleb, yeah.

if you don't like it then you don't like it fuck off and stop forcing yourself
you're a different person than the target audience, pretty much it.

I've listened to Ok Computer, A Moon Shaped Pool and Kid A twice and I still don't get it -OP

Listen to Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief. They're the most accessible in my opinion.

>if you come away from ok computer still not liking the band, may god have mercy on your soul.
Dis tee bee aych

I fell in love with Amnesiac the most. Listen to I Might Be Wrong.

Sometimes with bands you're having trouble getting into that you want to, you just need to hear specific songs to lead you in.

The appeal is their sound caters to the bipolar.

It's just great music

How can you not get why people like OK Computer?

you're dumb dude. it's not. to someone not at least somewhat acclimated to radiohead or electronic or experimental music they are going to here the weird vocal distortions and seemingly incoherrent trumpet sounds as bad listening.

for myself it's only through repeated exposures that I get a sense of understanding of the music.

sorry dude.. idk what is wrong with you.

what kind of music do you like?

>Amnesiac
>most accessible
No, I feel like that goes to In Rainbows

What rock albums with electronic influences do you like? PC&L?

well how old are you?

it's fine if you don't like it or it's not your thing, but can't you see how people WOULD love OK Computer/Kid A?

Maybe The Bends is more your speed

I mean if you don't really enjoy it then don't force yourself to get it.

Radiohead to me was a band that was kind of hard to listening to after just going into OK Computer from hearing Creep on the radio about a thousand times.

Listening to albums like Kid A, AMSP, In Rainbows, and Amnesiac are just very calming for me to listen to and sort of just flood my thoughts with how much is always going on in each song. Sounds gay as fuck but that's just what its like for me.

Then don't listen to them. Just because they're one of the most popular bands doesn't mean you have to force yourself to enjoy them.

op, read the lyrics while listening to ok computer. They're great

Kanye, Talking Heads, Aesop Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips and some electronic stuff like Flume and Grimes

>skipping fitter happier
Literally kys

When will people realize that Bloom is the best radiohead song?

I'll probably sound pretentious but whatever.

They marry more experimental music with concise music and fairly conventional song structures. Their music is also incredibly cathartic (there's an 11/10 moment on pretty much every song on OK Computer and Kid A), and their albums each have a distinct, enveloping atmosphere.

I didn't like them too much initially when I first heard them (but I was fucking 10), but after really sitting down and listening to OK Computer one night with good headphones I fell in love. Trust me user, it's entirely worth it.

It's interesting how everyone that says Radiohead is great can't explain why. Pseudointellectualls who listen and think that a bunch of synthesised nonsense has deep meaning so that they can feel superior to everyone else.

normies will NEVER understand radiohead

you dumb ass fucking idiot. the guy can't get into radiohead and you think fittier happier is a good place to start? you are fucking stupid. why don't you recommend pulk/pull. stop being such a fucking snob you're a big reason why more people don't like radiohead.

it's great but imo it's the 3rd best song on that album. Lotus flower is my second or third favorite song of theirs. If you get the chance to hear them live just hope they play lotus flower

sounds like you never really delved heavily into rock music. that's ok, I still don't understand why you don't like this band though.

of your list I like Grimes and Kanye and Kendrick but they are capable of producing garbage and Kanye's persona is so goddamn annoying I can't give him credit for anything he's done

kek youre a plebe

kanye's even more artistic than thom is, sorry youre too beta and intimidated by his act

All of Radiohead's discography is super accessible, except MAYBE king of limbs. Most people who dislike them aren't thinking "woah this is some next level avant garde shit, I can't process it", they're thinking "this is way more conventional than everyone makes it out to be" and feel bored by it. I enjoy them because they can have unconventional elements in their music while packaging them in a digestible pop song. They aren't my favorite band of course, but they're nice once in a while

My thoughts exactly, they're way over hyped. There's really nothing that interesting about them except for thom's voice, which is actually a disadvantage in my opinion

Nah I just like how they sound breh. Don't think about it too much and don't get pissy 'cause you feel left out.

I like it a lot, but you post the same thread too often.

I don't even browse this subreddit that often but this thread is always here .

OP, what was your fav (or least boring/annoying) song on each of the albums you heard? If you name those, I'm sure people will have a better idea what you like.

Otherwise I am going ahead and recommending In Rainbows, The King of Limbs and/or Thom Yorke's (Kanye-approved) solo album The Eraser for you. These are the most rhythmic releases involving Radiohead or their members, along with the (somewhat less consistent) Amok album by Thom's Atoms for Peace project (including Flea and a David Byrne collaborator).

Alternately, here are ten songs from
albums you skipped so far that may get you into Radiohead

Wolf at the Door
15 Step
Lotus Flower
There There
Nude
Morning Mr Magpie (Live from
the Basement)
Dollars and Cents
Talk Show Host
Bodysnatchers
Separator

I've been on Sup Forums less than a day and this pasta is already stale

jesus

I know that whole 'weird frontier between pop and avante-garde' statement is a meme but I think it at least somewhat explains the appeal of Radiohead.

check out amnesiac, hail to the thief and the bends

amnesiac is there best imo

Listen to Paranoid Android another time. If you don't like the song at all then idk tbqh senpai

This dude likes dance music and dance-rock and medium-school soul-derived hip hop and punk-rap with bone rattling rhythms. Why is everyone recommending him anything that isn't The King of Limbs? Don't you realize someone who likes the kinds of music the OP and most people like, might at least modestly enjoy, if not like it, for the same exact reasons the average Radiohead fan cannot?

Good idea, although it doesn't explain why he didn't say he enjoyed Idioteque, 15 step, or ful stop