Hey Sup Forums, is there an artist/musician that can play guitar and sing?

Hey Sup Forums, is there an artist/musician that can play guitar and sing?

But not just any playing or singing, im talking about playing guitar on almost a virtuoso level. They can shred, play fast chord progressions, play a variety of music. And when they sing they have a huge vocal range, like from soprano choral singing to death growls, and they must be no less than decent on all ranges. And the artist/musician must look great, attractive.

I might be describing a super human here but is this even possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h521z93oo-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

john mayer

hes also cute

>

you ask for too much

P R I N C E
R
I
N
C
E

>john mayer
>shred
yeah

David Frogmour

exactly. john mayer is an excellent guitar player.

As close as you can get. Dave Mustaine has the guitar chops buy just can not sing.

John Mayer is the closest candidate I can think of, in that his guitar playing and singing are both highly proficient.

Gary Moore is another who had a decent vocal range and his guitar playing was highly proficient.

Not as great as you're saying, no, there's no-one who's a virtuoso at both, it takes an insane amount of effort to become a virtuoso at even one that at that top level, you kind of have to pick which you want to focus on.

Yngwie Malmsteen can sing pretty okay too though, even if he prefers guitar and is obviously better at it.

Chuck Shuldiner

looks pretty brutal, so if that floats your boat

Alexi Laiho if you want death metal butt rock

Matt Bellamy honestly.

Your first (You) of the day

Love this (You) meme.

the closest thing i can think is thomas erak of Fall of Troy. Although he can be sloppy (both vocally and playing-wise live), but on a good day he pretty much hits both

This

Also Adrian Belew. Not the prettiests man alive but before hebstarted to bald he was fairly attractive.

>im talking about playing guitar on almost a virtuoso level. They can shred, play fast chord progressions
So that's your understanding of a virtuoso? You're an embarrassment.

John Frusciante plays some pretty complex guitar parts while singing very busy backup vocals in the Peppers.

Pretty much every musician has sloppy days live, everyone makes mistakes, singers sometimes sing in the wrong key, guitarists miss notes, shit happens really.

HENDRIX.

The live videos of him are life changing.

Matt Bellamy.

Bumblefoot. Can shred, sing, and do both at the same time.

Devin fucking Townsend

>a huge vocal range, like from soprano choral singing to death growls
Death growls don't really belong to any classic register. You don't need much range to do them, or vocal fry.

This and Clapton. Mark Knopfler too... But I wouldn't call then shredders (Belew is the closest).

Absolutely this

Noel Gallagher

Why is n one saying mark tremonti?

Prince was a badass. I'm glad you thought of him while you were reading OP's post. He's also one of the few people out there that could solo really well while singing.

haha, no.

ignoring the (You) meme this is actually true, regardless of your opinion of Muse the guy does meet the criteria of OP's question

>Hey Sup Forums, is there an artist/musician that can play guitar and sing?

this QT is foremost in my mind, she does both beautifully

youtube.com/watch?v=h521z93oo-w

The music might not be good but this is objectively true. Matt Bellamy is super technically talented and has insane range, he isn't bad looking either.

:^)