youtube.com/watch?v=i1BDGqIfm8U
youtube.com/watch?v=NKTpWi5itOM
youtube.com/watch?v=sXYa_qklKPc
youtube.com/watch?v=cSTBFZ-To2E
youtube.com/watch?v=xnCdyK_BDag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HE'S FAST

Sweet crab

Is "Smack My Bitch Up" the most retrospectively problematic piece of electronic music ever created?

essential crabcore

so here's this giant enemy crab...

AAAH GOT A BIG BAG OF CRABS 'ERE

back with another one of THOSE BLOCK ROCKIN BEATS DUHDUHDUHDAHDUHDUHDUHDAHDAHDAHDAH

how is this album related?

>tfw i actually really enjoy this
youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8
especially that part around 3 minutes in, hnng

why does focal blur make everything funny

I have one of those crabs, he's a terrifying asshole. Never comes out of hiding, but will make little windows against the glass in his tunnels to watch me and my roommates throughout the day. If we look at hom, he quickly scuttles backwards into the darkness.

>And this is our crab's room, he's quite the music lover...

Reference to a boring and pretentious harem anime.

Screamo is shit user, but that part around 3 min is listenable indeed

good lads

OH MY GOD THATS THE FUNKY SHIT

Do you reckon he's still alive and well?

hearing this at the end of Event Horizon was the most surreal shit ever

>this crab is probably dead

ITT Nobody discusses this album because everybody here barely left their mother's vagina a few weeks ago.

Fat of the Land shat all over its contemporaries at the time, and actually this and Jilted Generation (especially the latter) were high water marks of electronic dance music. Now what the fuck do we have? Kiddy sounding shit like Feed Me, Skrillex and other god awful shite. It doesn't sound like it's made for adults and sure as hell isn't made by any either. Man children raised on video games and cartoons. I digress.

I remember being surprised when it came out, couldn't believe Prodigy had released a new album and didn't even listen to it before buying it. It fucking blew me away, and rightly so. Smack My Bitch Up sadly overshadowed the album a bit with the half-cooked controversy, but actually what stood out here was just how idiosyncratic the sound was. I've always balked at the idea of Chemical Brothers being somehow mentioned in the same sentence as Prodigy, they're not even half as talented as Liam.

I remember hearing Firestarter on the radio for the first time. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. It didn't sound like anything that had been made before. And quite possibly, no, definitely, it was the last truly innovative track I heard in the charts. It's just been a fucking slide into shit since then. Keith was the warning. The bitch you hated. Death infatuated.

But what has always set Prodigy apart were the artistic flourishes, the segues like at the end of Funky Shit with the sound of sirens and breathing synths, or that extended introduction to Climatize. It's the sense of pacing and space in their music that really captures an atmosphere that all of his contemporaries completely overlooked.

it's really diverse with the mudslime singing also beating their women is just what muddies do so no it's not problematic at all

>
this kills muh crab

It's not anymore problematic than when it was released. Also, not that it really makes a difference, but "smack my bitch up" is meant as slang for doing something intensely.

are you into Meat Beat Manifesto?

Satyricon which was released the same time as Experience sounds like it was highly influential on FOTL

youtube.com/watch?v=S-Bi6UBcRqU

What are some good groups similar to The Prodigy?

>It doesn't sound like it's made for adults
how so? how does prodigy do?

Lunatic Calm's debut LP is worth a mention

youtube.com/watch?v=maP6q3D4Hf0

>Man children raised on video games and cartoons.
the exact type of people who listen to prodigy

Just consider the general tone of a track like Break and Enter:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpWgaVZbxOk

And compare that with with this cancer:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouyC28ffPjQ

youtube.com/watch?v=i1BDGqIfm8U

youtube.com/watch?v=NKTpWi5itOM

LE LASERS XD BOOM HEADSHOT XD WE'RE GAMERZ AMIRITE LE EPIC WIN XD

Mind you I suppose you could counter this with stuff like:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXYa_qklKPc

youtube.com/watch?v=cSTBFZ-To2E

It's just somehow those tunes seem a bit radder and less faggy.

Know what I mean?

oh so it's all in the track titles, i see

on the other hand prodigy draws its extramusical aesthetic from chav slang like that's any more commendable, see or that guy in the video

and attitude tbfh

Jack U's Coachella set this year was full of ragefaces and narwhal bacon-tier memes

Fat of the Land was The Prodigys sellout album for the American crowd who want loud, edgy, shouty ''rock/metal'' type music, thats why brostep did so well.

Experience was Liams masterpiece, MftJG was not bad, FotL is Skrillex-core shite for drunk obnoxious high school football playing fratboys.

Experience sounds extremely dated

MftJG was the real sellout point, FOTL was their creative and commercial magnum opus before they submitted to beating decomposed horses

So what? That was the music of the time, all breakbeat hardcore sounds like it was made in the 90s because it was, thats how its so definitive and its charm.

FotL was absolutely cringeworthy, the modern equivalent to DJ Bl3nd. Jumping around with bright green spiky hair like a 13 year old retard whose favourite movies are Fast and The Furious franchise and went to see Suicide Squad 17 times already.

DJ Bl3nd ain't a musician you bellend

He is a prick like post-MftJG Prodigy though

>chav slang

"smack my bitch up" was a sample from an ultramagnetic mcs track, basketball americans are not chavs, friendo

anyway prodigy wasn't proper chav music, you want chav music, ave some of this m8

youtube.com/watch?v=xnCdyK_BDag

but he isn't a musician he's a youtube meme DJ

if you want a modern Prodigy equivalent then compare them to Die Antword

the two share the same kind of energy, same style of mainstream fanbase and same style of image, plus both acts used to make "repsectable in the scene" stuff as you call it before branching out and selling out and becoming ironic edge incarnate

>>Kiddy sounding shit
>> Mentions two of the least childish sounding artists

What about fucktards like Must Die! and Getter? Must Die! is a fucking weeb and Getter is a walking meme who regurgitates the same fucking track over and over again.

as good as Scooter

>> two UKF videos
say no more, I understand completely.

we used to make fun of this song. Its not that bad.
The happy synthesizer part just comes too unexpected.

I feel it, man. I was 14 when it came out and I'm pretty sure I wore out my first copy.
I saw an edit with the title on BlurryMrKrabs.jpg and one of the comments was 'lol I remember my dad listening to this.'