youtu.be/bcu7yZBeSKw
youtube.com/watch?v=_gewtnnvmlU
youtube.com/watch?v=2uhslG1Uu80
youtube.com/watch?v=PKK5XrmO3kA
youtube.com/watch?v=JgI5TdWPVBk
youtu.be/P2BIFxATtrs
youtu.be/e3I3viUrJhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I bet you liked hemingway and fitzgerald the most out of the guys you read in high school

check out bubblejug

you like American classics

you like orange is the new black

Kropotkin, Bakunin, Goldman

great 5x5, I love almost everything on there but especially CTTS, DKs, Crass, TMG, Minor Threat, Orchid, Snowing and Black Flag. Penis Envy in particular is my favorite Crass album

forgot pic

hey did you like the new spica
I do

These collage threads are my life
Favorite fall album?

same
samen
semen
think about that
favorite actor: terry crews
favorite eunjung: me
wayne shorter - adam's apple

I used to think Hex Enduction Hour, but lately I think it's Grotesque: After the Gramme. It really brings Mark E. Smith's crazed ranting to the forefront, and has some of his best lyrics (C'n'C-S Mithering, New Face in Hell, Impression of J. Temperance, N.W.R.A.)

haven't seen it
how's it
I think I prefer stuff that's a little flashier visually usually

you ever listened to crucifix or chumbawamba

classic lovecraft man

yeah!
the b side is about as generic as a ballad can be but I could listen to boa and bohyung sing anything and love it desu
you've listened to painkiller right
oh and this
youtu.be/nCtwi3NOb68

sad it's just a single but I've missed them so much I won't complain

hey man, how are you feeling today

same
do you like the moody blues
or uh
peach cobbler

just ignore that top corner, id rather not get bullied today

I've actually been huge into Chumbawamba lately. I had been familiar with their roots in Crass records for a while but never actually bothered to listen to them. Pictures of Starving Children absolutely blew me away and I've been looking through the back catalog

as for Crucifix I've listened to 1984 and that's about it

woolf, dickinson, brontes
tolstoy
tolkien
beckett
salinger
eco, calvino
borges, kafka

ohhhh man you're in for a great time they're one if the most interesting bands ever

as far as stuff in their punk style goes, make sure you check out their split tape with passion killers, the revolution ep and never mind the ballots
but they were around 30+ years and they DEFINITELY have 30+ years of music from alt dance to pop rock to a cappella English folk and back again they're insane

that's all I heard from crucifix too but I was really impressed and I was shocked they weren't British they tapped into that bleakness so well

>borges, kafka
actually yeah spot on those were the last two guys I was reading bank when I still had motivation and drive

I esPecially love kafkas fast and loose depiction of perception and time and space

how much do you love Ulysses be honest

yeah
pix related #2 and #3

>tolstoy
cool. got any more suggestions? hit me up with that reading list senpai. I like your taste in music btw, nuclear death is awesome. I just got the new bride of insect reissue in the mail the other day. I know most of the stuff on your chart.

>hey man, how are you feeling today
I'm doing okay.

yeah they've already become one of my favorite bands. I've listened up to Swingin' With Raymond and love it all. More than anything else they're just incredible songwriters, and they're more effective at communicating their political message than just about any other left-wing band out there.

weird listening habits, i can dig
listen to rodan
heard cryptopsy or paysage d'hiver?
rec laura nyro

i saw young and in the way a couple months ago, fantastic show

unfortunately the headlining act (taake) got interrupted by someone unleashing a shitload of pepper spray in the venue

I'm really glad to hear it

no doubt, they're really direct and blunt but they never lose that touch for absurd imagery and bitter sarcasm so its wrapped up all nice
it's really great to hear them start to apply their style to other topics as their career went on too

I'm glad I'm not crazy everyone I've tried to talk to about chumbawamba basically just looks at me funny lol

hi Brandon

everyone's got evans on the mind lately it seems
are you a fan

>are you a fan
yes, huge fan *blows air*

I almost always am in the mood for some Evans, i've seen the increase in charts lately too, idk what's going on. What makes me sad is that no one listens to You Must Believe in Spring...

>crazed ranting to the forefront
Sounds great I'll have to check it out
I've gotten recced Moody blues a few times I'll have to check them out
Favorite stoner rock album
Favorite noise rock albu?
Favorite pop album
Thanks aker

thanks I appreciate that, that's something I pride myself on. Rodan sounds fantastic, gonna check them out immediately

haha yeah I've been telling people how amazing they are and people think it's some kind of ironic bit. nah dude they had an entire career of incredible music

yeah I highly recommend it. this is one of the songs I mentioned, it's a pretty good example of the album's tone: youtube.com/watch?v=YgA6v3DORY4

i guessed tolstoy mainly because of the kreutzer sonata 2bh. if you mean in general stuff I've recently liked are rediscovering Umberto Eco after his recent rip, Jünger's postwar stuff (Eumeswil especially), Pessoa and Cioran to aestheticize my wallowing, and buddhist/taoist stuff in various readings of the Taoteching and Dhammapada after a friend gave me some alan watts and me wanting to go closer to the source
i like Ulysses but it's so broad in its totality as a full-embodied work and I'm not sure if I'll ever get to that ideal of being able to assimilate it to an adequate degree so for now I'm okay with saying i like it

hehe me too, or least I'm very quickly becoming one
I only started listening like a week or two ago but I've been obsessed with him, hes got such a way with melody and his stuff is so tender but never overly sentimental idk it's just perfect
ashamed to say I haven't gotten to that one yet, sticking it down though it's up next

is that your favourite of his

I was worried when I started moving into their dance-oriented stuff how it would be but they have this like brute force method of pop songwriting that totally works
like grab an insanely catchy hook and slam it into your face over and over and over it's genius

almost completely unrelated but have you ever heard dog faced hermans?

you'll definitely dig them, really sweet lush orchestral psych pop kinda thing, very pretty and cheerful (ironically)

>Favorite noise rock
Either Bodychoke - Cold River Songs, or Big Black - Atomizer
>I was reading bank when I still had motivation and drive
I read this by accident and I have to say I relate 100%. I'm struggling to find motivation and get pleasure out of things... even music doesn't excite me as much as before

I have a 7" of theirs, Too Much for the Red Ticker, like it all right but haven't listened a ton

love cryptopsy but haven't heard the second band

just all right?
lol

they've got a real solid discography though if you're ever in the mood for that kinda noisy thing

we're all gonna make it amigo

paysage d'hiver is some of the best atmospheric black metal out there

yeah I honestly need to give it more listens, 7"s get lost in the mix sometimes. what's a good album to grab?

sleepytime trio - memory minus

i listened to the oh my girl ep you suggested and really liked it desu
i've been trying to get into kpop a bit more, do you have anything else you'd recommend?

hey glad to hear it
I gotta goo to class but if the threads still around I'll throw you some or if I see you around ir add me
aaaaaaaaaaagh @ last.fm

mental blocks for all ages!
and unbend and hum of life to start

sweet, I'll check those out, thanks! just added you on last.fm, I'm mitchell_h

0/0

nice trips friend
+Let's Get it on
i like you

-fish mask remake
+bach
- Queens

+++Zappa
+Beatles
+Cash
- Bowie
+Jefferson Airplane

>These collage threads are my life
that's sad. me too
+Pet Sounds
+Pink Moon
+James Brown

-Joy Division
+that 2nd album but i forget what it is lol
+++Paranoid
+++Master of Reality

Lil B sicks
although i like his Ryan seacrest song
+++Angel Dust
---Dinosaur Jr
+ITAOTS

+Fresh Fruit for Rotting Veggies

>we're all gonna make it amigo
maybe
my trips are neat

Thanks dude. Why do you like the Beatles

cool cool I think we're pretty much in the same place musically atm so I'm really looking forward to chatting more

+misfits

dunno much else on yours, maybe listen to mdc and kvelertak but

t-ara eunjung lol
lol

word

i'll check them out, thanks a lot

np! let me know what you think whenever you listen to some

oh and you gotta pick a waifu or two that's the rules ;)
t-ara eunjung and f(x) luna off limits desu

hmm do you like
youtu.be/pDtAO0Fqwbs

the hated are soooooooo good. my favorite of the emo bands in that era by far

he'll yeah
I think I prefer gray matter and moss icon when all's said and done but they were like 10 years ahead of trends and echoes of whistle tree park and words come back might be the very best songs ever

moss icon definitely has the more consistent discography, but yeah what stands out to me about the hated is how clearly you can see the link between their style and what the genre eventually ended up looking like

oh! and some advice take it or leave it but feel free to skip a song if you don't like the sound of it
seriously
kpops about singles generally so a lot of even the classic solid albums have some fillery ballads or 10
you can sit through them if you want but I delete em after a few times through myself

mhm for sure

I get kinda the same feeling from mohinder and honeywell and antioch arrow for screamo too

agreed on all those, I like Indian Summer and Still Life a lot too

haven't heard of em but i dig this so far

I've just recently started doing these threads. I hope I have good enough tastes. It's hard deciding my favorite albums. Lemme know what ya'll think.

That Crass album is good.

+ Beat Happening, NMH

+ JD, NO
I'm guessing you prefer Joy Division

I'm been really digging Odessey and Oracle of late.

++Black Marble
+Slowdive, Talking Heads, Nick Drake, TJAMC

+Bowie
You enjoy modernist realism.

I enjoyed that Neon Indian album, maybe you would enjoy Linear Movement

+Bauhaus
You enjoy rainy days

+The Beatles

The crystal ball is telling me that you need to reevaluate your life.

You're not too bad

+Gang of Four, TJAMC, Slowdive

+Bowie
~the rest

+zombies, rem, b52s, nmh
check out apb if you want more post punk stuff

+bowie, doom

rec?

big up on the twee
youtube.com/watch?v=KDhSdJfA404
do you like husker du

youtu.be/eDEDP9BHJEU

of course. Zen Arcade and Candy Apple Grey are great.

>big up on the twee
Thanks

>check out apb if you want more post punk stuff
Will do

Been revisiting a bunch of old favorites recently. Plus a new (to me) thing here and there.

>pablo honey
lol
Ups for lack of pretension if nothing else. Most of that's pretty good but 20/20 is pretty bad imo.
Pretty good except Crystal Castles and I still can't decide how much I hate that Jordaan Mason album.

coool yeah
their discography is
pretty fragmented and weird

but get the everysong lp for starters
and try out gray matter - take it back too

do you like wowee zowee
+bach, unwound
+irom maidne

di - horse bites dog cries
zero boys - vicious circle
void - sessions 1981-1983

>>pablo honey
>lol
Wanna fight about it m9?

Thanks for the compliment. I can kinda see why someone would say that about JT, but I really liked the production of the album, personally. Not knocking your opinion though

(Also you got FlyLo in your chart, I like that)

I wasn't mocking you really just funny to see it on a chart considering its infamy.
I don't even dislike JT as a rule I was just unbelievably disappointed by the album considering how good FutureSex was.

yea do youl ike it though
youtube.com/watch?v=cyGbBCc8aU0

Can I ask why you didn't like the album? Like I said I'm not insulting or anything I just wanted to get your take on it.

I didn't like the cliched infusion of horns throughout the album and generally I just cringed through most of it. Don't have much of an in-depth analysis I just straight up didn't enjoy myself listening to it.

Dang, you didn't like the horns?? I just love brassy production in general and that's why it appealed to me.

actually yeah totally

someone once described pavement ti me as a pitch shifted slowed down version of melt banana and I thought they were nuts but
I kinda hear it here desu

do you like this
youtu.be/TcvDR5xz97g

do you like the fall

never listened desu
do u

Yes, yes I do. I REALLY like that. The disco-production is amazing and his singing is great too.

yeeeaa
youtube.com/watch?v=BoVbq1K74f0

sicck try out his first mini, base, and his most recent one, she is

and you can try his group shinee out too, although they kinda stray away from the discoy thing as much
youtu.be/bcu7yZBeSKw

you said you like jt I figured it might be your thing hehe

damn that guitar is rusty filthy fuckin awesome

like houn or hydroplane
youtube.com/watch?v=_gewtnnvmlU
youtube.com/watch?v=2uhslG1Uu80
major leagues is amazing

+GY!BE, Avalanches, Earl, Swans, Sleep, FlyLo, QOTSA, Earth, Radiohead
Rec: Do Make Say Think - Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn
Favorite Author: John Steinbeck

+J Dilla, Minutemen, Ramshackle Glory, AJJ, Microphones, The Books, The Adolescents, Current 93, Eyehategod
~Immortal, Deakin
Rec: Defiance, Ohio - The Great Depression
Fav Author: Cormac McCarthy

+Zombies, NMH, Smiths, Radiohead
~DIIV, Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Rec: Savages - Silence Yourself
Fav Author: William Faulkner

+Crystal Castles, Slowdive, Mayhem, Gang of Four, HANL, Fugazi, SDRE, Silver Mt. Zion, Jordaan Mason, Raein
~DIIV, Joyce Manor
Rec: Off Minor - The Heat Death of the Universe
Fav Author: Neitzsche

+Skeletonwitch, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Cage
~Vektor, Buckethead
Fav Author: Isaac Asimov

>That background brass

Forgot rec
>Destruction - The Antichrist

You probably listen to more metal than I do but w/e

youtube.com/watch?v=PKK5XrmO3kA

bump for interest

havent listened to hydroplane yet
iii agree the killing moon cover is one of my favorite pavement
i like these huon songs alot especially the first one
perfect gentle fuzzy
i need arr jpg
might like this one the most actually
youtube.com/watch?v=JgI5TdWPVBk

aaah feel like aaah so sass and emo

damn

Tusk - The Resisting Dreamer

cute smiley face
I finally listened to that 4Minute thing, pretty aight but Tickle Tickle Tickle is so ridiculously amazing it overshadows everything

Agusa - Två

how does one combine the both of these
sounds next level

got you
be more careful this time

it's slightly lionel richie all night long but I totally adore it anyways

awww yeah tickle tickle tickle is my favorite 4minute song it's so sassy and outrageous

actually
OUTRAGEOUS brass
youtu.be/P2BIFxATtrs

how'd you like thumbs

also sass is a subset of emo desu

sass is the antithesis of emo tho

definitely, I haven't been that excited over horns in kpop since f(x)'s Step. the brass tone is almost LEWD

Thumbs felt weird at first but its really growing on me. I might prefer it over Perfect Hair, it has better features imo.

the huion songa i like arent on youtube

>Fav Author: William Faulkner
I've only read As I Lay Dying and while it interested me I struggle to finish it. However I might enjoy it more now that I've read other stream-of-conscious stuff like Mrs Dalloway.
Also, thanks for rec

it's all emo to me

mhm no doubt
butt I adore the rest if the mini too almost as much especially show me
2015 was such a great year

I only heard it once but I remember thinking it was pretty damn cool I'll probably listen to it again
have you ever seen this
youtu.be/e3I3viUrJhU

Jordi Savall / Hespèrion XXI - Orient-Occident, 1220-1770

boop