youtube.com/watch?v=-INCFm0wjZo
youtube.com/watch?v=T5oVgqIbOqw
youtube.com/watch?v=2dpMMeetFIk
youtube.com/watch?v=yR734mno7O8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

petzold

and we're back

youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7GriyF8cM

Is there a more beautiful piece of music than Chopin Nocturne 2 Op. 9 No 2?

yes
everything

>tidbit

Beethoven did 18 11

>everything

confirmed pleb contrarian hipster

Op. 9 No. 1

rach was actually a manlet on stilts

why Beethoven was so tiny, why

this hunk of MAN was sorter tbqh

That's a good one too.

erryday til you like it!

youtube.com/watch?v=62-kpp1LmdE

Poll:
Who's the master of fugues?
a) B*ch
b) Chopin
c) Poly

Dude.

Bach and Reger, maybe Mendelssohn.

petzold

Shostakovich
he's the poor mans Poly

Why do the men wear the makeup?

french baroque ballet]-opera, everything needs to be comically exaggerated.

Beethoven
Taneyev
Ravel

Why is Baroque opera so gay?

Bartok: 9"

probably malnutrition as a child, he was dirt poor. Probably same reason mozart was too, traveling on the road, not much food for days.

Lol who? I've listened to over 6 Miles Davis albums and 3 John Coltrane albums and I haven't even heard of this guy

This guy don't know what he's saying. The French baroque favoured more austere bass and baritone voices, and prefered heroic or religious themes, unlike the Italian counterpart. As for costumes, perhaps the French baroque opera looked richer because it was a court enterprise of the richest king in the world.

but his music sounds mighty and huge

youtu.be/NybTtlHiFbk ma nigga Rameau created this amazing thing here, you can literally "hear" baroque becoming classical.

oh but he was.

This right here is amazing, I just could never get into Baroque opera it seems

I love Rameau especially his Keyboard chamber, and orchestral suites

One of the best Frenchies imo

CLOWN WITHOUT JEST

Why don't composers write magical or fairy tale classical anymore that transports you to another world?

How come modern theatrical works don't have the same magic as Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Delibes, Ravel, or Bartok?

youtube.com/watch?v=AjkmX21VYeU
youtube.com/watch?v=9sr8cBab_eo
youtube.com/watch?v=0UNKS7R2gw8
youtube.com/watch?v=-INCFm0wjZo
youtube.com/watch?v=T5oVgqIbOqw

also nutrition back then was generally sub par unless you were of merchant class or nobility.

Yup his music is beautiful and you can hear the innovations in his style.

sigh
sup bog
true

What does /classical/ think of Peter Maxwell Davies?

DG finally released a 24/96 download of the Karajan Ring. will be interesting to see if they actually fixed the numerous problems with this recording, or if they just reissued the old remaster for a quick buck

Rameau is pretty top tier, yeah. even if the recitatives in his operatic works are wearisome, they're still worth listening to and of course you can just get the orchestral excerpts.

Castor et Pollux is probably my favorite.

John Cage liked cats

He's ok

What's the best wind quintet/quartet?

Brahms
youtube.com/watch?v=2dpMMeetFIk

petzold

Mozzart (underrated)
youtube.com/watch?v=yR734mno7O8

my diary desu

Bach

NEW GAME
I say 5 composers and you rate the order **you** like them in

Mahler
Shostakovitch
Debussy
Vaughan Williams
Haydn

Schoenberg

Haydn
Mahler
Debussy
Shostakovich
Vaughan Williams

Debussy
Haydn
Vaughan Williams
Shostakovitch

Not even gonna name that kike senpai

Mahler
Haydn
Debussy
Shostakovich
Vaughan Williams

Debussy
Haydn
Vaughan Williams
Shosty
Mahluh

samefag

the current order is already right

fuck

mahluh

>it took you 3 whole minutes to shoop out the other (you)

only one person is capable of having such outrageously bad taste as to rate Hack Williams above Mahler, and it's you, Petzold memer.

Fuck off Kike, Mahler is like Wagner but nasty and smells like Gefilte fish

Mahler is faggoty, over-blown Romantic sewage just like Wagner and the only defense you have for your shit taste is "dude samefag lmao dude ur a memer lmao."

>nasty and smelly
this is all petzold memer can amount to lol

Haydn
Debussy
Mahler
Shostakovich
Vaughan Williams

Only really like Haydn and Debussy, though.

>Vaughan Williams above Mahler
I don't like Mahler either but that's retarded. Williams was a musical conservative who never amounted to anything remotely interesting. At least Mahler inspired revolutionaries.

Liszt looks like da real pimp nigga
bet he's slappin dat piano like a bizznatch

>Williams was a musical conservative
There is nothing wrong with this cut this fucking meme out. Poulenc, Saint Saens and Mendy were all musical conservatives and all wrote great music.

Ferneyhough inspired revolutions, Schnittke did, Rachmaninoff did but this doesn't make them great.

There is when the result is nothing musically interesting. All of VW's music is trash. It's the epitome of sappy late-romanticism that had clearly and thoroughly lost its place. It was wholly irrelevant then, and it isn't interesting now. Why bother listening to VW when a dozen-or-more composers did the exact same thing he did, but far more interesting.

Mendy wrote shit music for the most part and only has 5 good compositions btw. Ironically his biggest effect on the musical community was the reintroduction of Bach.

Saint-Saens is actually good, but he isn't really all that conservative. His 5th Piano Concerto anticipates a lot of what we see in Bartok, Janacek, and other 20th century compositions.

Composer tidbit: The composer Pierre Alamire was also a spy for Henry VIII. He snuck coded messages into his music between the French and English courts and gave the Brits important info.

>Mendelssohn
>great music
Ironically he got more boring as he got older. Mendelssohn's younger compositions are far more interesting than much of the ones that he did when he was older. A few exceptions, perhaps. But these are not the rule.

>Rachmaninoff
>one of the most conservative and boring composers drenched in outdated romanticisim
>inspired revolutions
Name 5 relevant and good composers that were inspired by Rachmaninoff.

>Why bother listening to VW when a dozen-or-more composers did the exact same thing he did, but far more interesting.
Because at least VWs romantic garbage is usually under an hour and a half.

Rachmaninoff inspired neo-romanticism probably more than any other composer. I think you missed the point of my post

>neo-romanticism
>revolutions

Ah, I see. You have ADD. I understand now; you want romantic garbage, but you can't concentrate for longer than 20 minutes. I suppose within this context VW is a good choice for you.

>Semantics
You could've criticized me for using Schnittke as an example because he literally did nothing but you had to actually choose a composer who pioneered a style of music

>Dude ADD lmao
This is the same answer Romanticfaggots give when you can't enjoy a sloppy 2 and a half hour aural handjob. I can listen to extended works from any era besides Romantic because Romantic music is boring and never moves anywhere.

How quickly you jump to sexual analogies. If I were not convinced of your adolescent mentality I surely am now.

Kids these days... gotta project sex onto everything...

Haydn
Debussy
Mahler
Shostakovich
Ralph Volkswagon

Haydn
Debussy
Mahler
Shosty
Shit
VW

Bog

Debussy
Shostakovich
Haydn
Mahler
Vaughan Williams

big guys

rate these composers

prokofiev
bartok
gesualdo
sibelius
grieg

Bartok
Prokofiev
Memeualdo
Sibelius
Grieg

That looks like the right order.

ROUND TWO - Rate Your Order (turning up the heat a bit)

Brahms
Liszt
Ravel
Mozart lol
Schumann

Mozart
Brahms
Liszt
Ravel
Schumann

Mozart
Ravel
Liszt
Brahms
Schumann

Bartok
Grieg
Gesualdo
Prokofiev
Sibelius

Mozart
Ravel
Schumann
Liszt
Brahms

Mozart
Ravel
Schumann
Liszt
Brahms

Mozart
Ravel
Liszt
Brahmsypoo
Schumann

looks like nobody here likes sibs kek

Mozart
Schumann
Liszt
Brahms
Ravel

Prokofiev
Grieg
Gesualdo
Bartok
Sibelius

Brahms is my favorite composer
Mozart
Ravel
Schumann
Liszt

I just like the other composers more I guess, though I haven't listened to much Sibelius, just his second symphony.

mozart is gay didn't you get the message

>implying there's anything wrong with homosexuality

He had a wife tho.

a gay wife lol

Listen to his fourth symphony. Easily his best

Classical pleb here - I absolutely adore ravel, would someone recommend composers/pieces that are similar to his style?

Debussy and Messaien come to mind.

>le I was only pretending to be Poly meme

Debussy

Wagner

All the great french composers of his time, beofre and after

so Debussy, Satie, Faure, Chabrier, Saint-Saens, Roussel, and Messiaen

mozart was gay and brahms was molested by a bunch of fagoo sailors so its only right to put brahms ahead of moz out of respect

How the fuck is Wagner similar to Ravel

>hes a Les Six underrater