clyp.it/2rjskzyo
youtube.com/watch?v=YFEOelTOzkc
youtube.com/watch?v=wPlU0RraTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=0U28uzGAA5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=pXrVZl4_seI

1st for best album of 2016

S @ T 4 N

How much will this be memed when this comes out? This general would completely break if it caused another Terminal Redux

This is fucking gut wrenching, it has been like this since 9:03. Let me buy my fucking ticket!
Why are all ticket selling website such shit?

"Djent was a mistake"
- Bjorn 'Speed' Strid

/meal/ doesn't really care about meshuggah, I barely see them discussed and when they are it's just 2 or 3 guys and nobody else.

>implying those albums were any good

>not knowing half of their discography by heart

Terminal Redux wasn't even really that much overmemed on this general
like i've seen much worse

They were mediocre at best, which is still better than STYE or SC, which are awful

I can't tell if most In This Moment fans like the songs or just the singer.

the drums and guitar sound way more like SoaPF

t. fag who unironically likes SoaPF and thinks it's IF's only good post-colony album

>Terminal Redux wasn't even really that much overmemed on this general
The general has gone full shitpost mode for over a month

>i've seen much worse
Like who

>guys, what if we tried to copy Korn
youtube.com/watch?v=e6HoE2DLhsI

>guys, what if we tried to copy Korn
They've been doing that since Reroute to Remain

Reroute is more Linkin Park, then they just started sounding like Killswitch Engage or All That Remains

wew

I'll take your word for it, nu-metal and -core guy

Are EITD /metal/ approved? Kurt Ballou produced their last album

youtube.com/watch?v=r-C-qELXL4U

Has it leaked yet ?

I don't know a whole lot about ETID, but this song and the other 2 they released from this upcoming album has been killer. I gotta get around to checking out their discography.

I accidentally discovered celtic metal while looking for reading music and it's awesome, even if I don't understand it.

What's Sup Forums's opinion on stuff like d-beat and crust?

Or hardcore infused metal in general?

this sounds like some hard-rock or stoner rock, not metal at all.
it's alright tho.

Most of their stuff is metalcore

I can't get into Epica. I know a lot of Nightwish and Within Temptation fans like them but they're not doing it for me. They're not bad but they're just not drawing me in like I expected.

Reroute to Remain, Trigger, Cloud Connected, Take This Life, Reflect the Storm, and Crawl Through Knives are some of my favorites from both albums. They aren't amazing, but they're better than the shit they've released on the last three discs.

friendly reminder that everything rotting christ has ever done is great

that album came out in 2014??

>it's IF's only good post-colony album
*cough* Clayman, Come Clarity. *cough*

Clayman is the hot new album to meme-hate on from what I've seen.

I like Dephosphorus and Negative Standards and Haapoja when it comes to stuff like that

Rituals was fucking great. Best shit they've done in awhile, no doubt.

Is that so? I guess the meme-kings on /metal/ blame it for modern In Flames, or some shit? Unless it's like Stridposting, and people just do it for shits and giggles.

Clayman was the beginning of the end. It's not on the same level as Colony/Jester/Whoracle.

I've seen it elsewhere on forums and review sites, Clayman is now being seen as overrated/not good/the downfall of IF

I mean you can see it as the beginning of the end, but I'd say the quality drop from Clayman to Reroute was a lot bigger than the quality drop from Colony to Clayman.
I put Clayman above Whoracle and Colony desu

So who here actually makes metal? You chicken shits bitch about people playing musicto your taste, what are you doing to make help that shit happen ? How's that first demo coming along Sup Forumstants? Sad sods.

At least it's still melodeath. Besides, I rank it up there with the previous three albums because it has a lot of memorable riffs/songs in general. If anything, RtR was the beginning of the end. It's like a shitty bridge between Clayman and StYE.

here's a shitty demo i recorded in order to remember an idea i had for the end of a black metal piece i'm working on. it's pretty rough-sounding and off-time, but you get the idea.
clyp.it/2rjskzyo
hopefully i'll have the full real recording done soon.

Honestly

Jester Race > Colony > Lunar Strain > Clayman > Whoracle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Come Clarity > Reroute >>>>>>>>>>>>> liquid shit >>>>>>>> the rest

When did Manilla Road went to shit?

Take this autistic to /prod/, faggots

Remaster

They were always shit

Accurate other than Lunar Strain, that should be down by Clayman.
Subterranean is the undisputed best IF

I have a similar opinion. Except I'd put Clayman in Lunar Strain's place.
The fuck is that irritating clicking sound in the background?

>LS above JTR
Hello mr contrarian

SoaPF? Above Come Clarity? Dude...

>mr contrarian
lol no
Mikael > Anders
DT > IF for that matter

>meanwhile the worst DT album is still just meh at worst

>new Meshuggah, Devy, In Flames, Metallica, Insomnium and Dark Tranquility

The next months will be full of memes

Projector? Haven? I love both albums, but they seem to divide people. Your thoughts?

Projector seems to be generally liked despite being different, it was an interesting experiment and Therein is still one of their most popular songs
Haven was an ok transitional album, I would like it more if the song structures weren't so basic and the synths didn't sound so plastic.

AAAAAALRIIIIIIIGHT
youtube.com/watch?v=YFEOelTOzkc

what shirts is she wearing my niggas?

Are any male metal, or rock in general, singers /fa/shionable anymore? I always see the female singers is gorgeous dresses but guys just short of wear tees and jeans.

The Wonders at Your Feet is still one of my absolute favorite DT songs. Therein, too.

>started before IF and DT
>never brought up in the same caliber

Bullshit, desu. Considering how long they've been going they are ridiculously consistent

Wearing more than a T-shirt & jeans is overdressing and is a veritable sign of faggotry

bottom one is iron maiden - live after death

metal is mostly anti-fashion as fuck and rock fucking dead in the mainstream so that is to be expected.

Ayyyy lmao

no

To be honest, I love Hoest's aesthetic

Well it's the only song from that album they still play live
My fav track from Haven is probably Emptier Still because of the clean intro

Prod is rarely active. This fits, it pertains to metal. I don't see contribution, just complaints; complaints are why nothing gets done.

On the topic of DT, can anyone tell me what the fuck this is supposed to be a picture of? So many years later and I still can't make it out. Looks like a bloody tool of some kind.

They never had quite the commercial appeal as the other two and they were too tinfoil for most metal normies

I think it's a figure of a guy getting shot

Also I recently found out the cover of Haven is based on a drawing of apalnt

It's a guy standing with his hands clasped behind his head while a bullet rips through his skull

plant*

Is nu metal the worst subgenre of metal? or is it underrated by the metal community?

I kinda see it... Thanks.

Nu-metal has Deftones and early Korn, trancecore and deathcore are complete shit

there were a couple of good bands (at the time) but a lot of shit bands

>trancecore

go back to 2008, thats even relevant anymore

If you can consider System of a Down to be nu-metal, or Deftones and Chevelle, for that matter, then you'll realize that not all of it is bad.

Iowa is a good album

>Is nu metal the worst subgenre of metal?
That'd be metalcore

/meal/, what is your favorite site for discovering new music?

nu metal and rapcore are worse

for metal only, metallum is the best option is believe

Rateyourmusic and Youtube

There are more good nu-metal than atmosludge albums

this is unironically true lmao

holy trinity right here, but metal storm is good.

i'd much rather listen to limp bizkit than asking alexandria

so what is /metal/'s opinion on this album?

youtube.com/watch?v=wPlU0RraTwE

youtube.com/watch?v=0U28uzGAA5c

more like this?

People call all of those "Alternative Metal" especially Deftones that is mostly shouty grunge.
Youtube, RYM, Discogs, YouTube is strangely great for finding new metal.

hmmmmm

Looks like some "futuristic" djent

at least they tried to do something different even if it was embarrassing, instead of being fucking frosted tips shit

>2016
>caring about a remaster
lul

leave the hall

From the unholy trinity of early 2000s rock music, pop punk, post-grunge and nu-metal, nu-metal was the least awful

it ain't djent but the cover is 10000000 times better than the music
was very disappointed