LMAAO

pff ahahah

MPP>Pepper>SMiLE>Lonerism

SMiLE would be the best if it was fully finished/put together/fleshed out

>it's psych pop with vocal harmonies so it's a retro album

>psych pop
You said it yourself

Smile 9.5/10 > Sgt Peppers 9/10 > MPP 8/10 > Innerspeaker 6/10

SMiLE is just as bad as Sgt. Pepper. Honestly everything wrong with 60s music in two albums.

>it's psychedelic and it's poppy so it's a retro album

Pepper

>psychedelic
you said it yourself again

Smile Sessions >>> Sgt. Pepper > Merriweather >>>>>>>>>> Innerspeaker

Nobody cares tho

>it's psychedelic so it's retro

tame Impala is a revivalist band, get over it

If it were STGTV, Sung Tongs, Feels, or Strawberry Jam, I would have picked those. (MPP fans can hate all they want, it is a great album but it lacks the emotional impact I expect from AnCo).

I'll go with the Smile Sessions.

Tame Impala shouldn't be on there.

>MPP
>Tame Impalla

if you think everything AnCo does is unique and new you're fucking retarded, they're just a pop group with experiental tendencies the beach boys and pretty much every band trying to copy them did the same thing

tame impala is better than anco

I agree

please kill yourself o my god. have you even listened to the interlocking melodies on the track "Taste".... the beach boys or tame impala have never made anything that good.

Taste is a great song, but this beats it easy

youtube.com/watch?v=ao-MWUF1zUY

tame impala makes better melodies harmonies modulations, whatever

listen to the riff at 5:23, anco has never made something that sounded so awesome, it sounds like LSD that arpeggio is what acid feels like and yes ive taken it plenty of times

youtu.be/ao-MWUF1zUY?t=5m23s

Smile.

Never claimed that AnCo is unique and new. All I did was say that I prefer 4 AnCo albums over the Smile Sessions. I would have to admit to generation bias with that choice. It's personal preference.

I got a lot of respect for the Beach Boys, but claiming AnCo is just a cheap copy is disingenuous. AnCo combines sixties psych pop with post-punk, IDM, dub, and noise. And they do it very well.

>claiming AnCo is just a cheap copy is disingenuous.
they are not an exact replica but they are pretty much just a reincarnation of their ideas , focus on vocal harmonies mixed in with contemporary effects lots of bands take credit for what the beach boys did

Sorry, but you are completely ignoring their earlier work. AnCo has experimented with far more sounds than you're giving them credit for. Are you just butt hurt about me bashing Innerspeaker? Sorry, it bores me. I can name quite a few AnCo songs that are more interesting than Runway, Houses, City, Clouds. Let's start with Alvin Row.

Early AnCo was just as much of a pop band, maybe indie but definitely noise pop

Who cares if it is pop? Doesn't mean that they didn't do it well, or incorporate different styles into a distinct sound. It doesn't mean they are a 60's pop revival band. Unlike Tame Impalla, they don't sound like a they were born in the wrong generation. Their sound was/is contemporary.

Sgt. Pepper's

remember when Sup Forums would dickride tame impala. now they are popular and therefore hated.

Or the nostalgia that they capitalized on just wore off.

the thing is anco isnt psychedelic rock. Theyre guitar based albums arent even riffy.

was there really nothing in the 70s-90s that could go on this image?

Nostalgia? They are a new band.

Also currents is 2/10

New band with an old sound.

I listened to the Smile Sessions and Pet Sounds for the first time four months ago and nothing I've listened to since meets the standard they set. I'm disappointed by everything since I listened to them.

What do?

>Lonerism
fucking idiot

bullet

Pet Sounds > white album > Innerspeaker > Strawberry Jam

Listen to the Soniclovenoize reconstruction of SMiLE and be blown away by what could have been.