Discovered by Frank Zappa, who just happened to see him playing in a lounge and begged him to join his band

>discovered by Frank Zappa, who just happened to see him playing in a lounge and begged him to join his band
>after that, begged by David Bowie to join HIS band after seeing him play with Zappa only once
>after that, brought over to work with Talking Heads at Brian Eno's insistence
>asked by Talking Heads to join them permanently, an offer he only refused because Robert Fripp asked him to join a reinvented King Crimson at the exact same time
>in his spare time contributes to Paul Simon's Graceland, Tom Tom Club, Herbie Hancock, and Mike Oldfield, just because he can

Why haven't you recognized Adrian Belew as the single greatest guitarist in history yet?

Because you already mentioned Robert Fripp

literally who is this bald faggot manlet not even tall as a guitar lmao fuck off kiddo everyone know manlets can't play guitar let alone be the best guitarist ever as if such a title would mean anything for such a pleb instrument

FUCK OFF

Fuckin' shit what happened to this board.

he's not a bad singer either.

Faggots like you keep feeding the trolls

>oh wait ur being le ironic :^)

Too bad KC went to shit after he took over for Fripp.

It's just banter

Zappa always had an eye for scoping put talent

i love his solos on Bowie's Red Sails

Bowie got both Belew and Fripp playing on his albums? Why didn't he just join King Crimson?

Damn, Red Sails sounds alot like Neu

That would have been rad

Most retarded post I've seen today, and I checked the grimes thread

Nigger that's not even the most retarded post i've made in the past hour.

Because they couldn't wind the fucking strings any tighter

Because he's not the single greatest guitarist in history.

prove it

he's a guitarist but not a guitar legend
did he influence anyone or anything?
he was just a great musician

Well he played with some of the most influential bands, so i'd consider that influencing people even if they didn't even know who he was.

You have no idea what you're about. Oh he's not on the cover of Rolling Stone for their Best Guitarists of the Fuck-You-You'll-Buy-It-Anyway issue, so oh, what did he do?

He's already a goddamn legend and you'd know that if you had any idea of what you were on about. Jog on.

probably heard one or two tunes by this guy, can't even remember
I don't even think that Fripp himself was as influential as hendrix, zappa, iommi or page, not talkin about this Belew guy

he wasn't even the best guitarist in King Crimson