What would you consider to be the greatest hymn ever written?

What would you consider to be the greatest hymn ever written?

"Be Thou My Vision" would be my number one pick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHFKBj9o4Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=4gtFS4777iY
youtube.com/watch?v=dTKIqmdfHSk
youtube.com/watch?v=F3DYXgAnE-U
youtube.com/watch?v=deJDkU6qiGE
youtube.com/watch?v=6bbmYOccWnk
youtube.com/watch?v=1fzRZuGEr04
youtube.com/watch?v=R5thgOxL-Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was raised Methodist so we got to sing along to a recording of Our God Is an Awesome God as performed by a local Christian rock band.

Veni Creator Spiritus, the Pentecost hymn.
youtube.com/watch?v=nHFKBj9o4Qs

i remember always loving the first song of isaiah but my church only did it once a year

Retche Gospod Gospodevi moyemu I think is overall the best song of worship but for something more popular, multiple spirituals come to mind like Do Lord, Down to the River to Pray and the popularized version of Gloria. Some of The Louvin Brothers original material is mindblowingly beautiful also.

>Be Thou My Vision
Good pick, found that one through pic related.

Idumea.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gtFS4777iY

Is it cliche to say Amazing Grace

>tfw most of your knowledge of music theory came from looking through hymn books to pass time during church in your youth

Great is Thy Faithfulness.
youtube.com/watch?v=dTKIqmdfHSk

idk maybe shine jesus shine. mainly because i have memories of singing it in hymn practice at primary school

youtube.com/watch?v=F3DYXgAnE-U

youtube.com/watch?v=deJDkU6qiGE

SING IT IN THE VALLEYS

youtube.com/watch?v=6bbmYOccWnk

Spem in Alium

O Come O Come Emmanuel

Very complex song structure for a hymn and it's the only one that comes to mind that ends on an unresolved note. Also surprisingly dark and descriptive lyrics, at least in English.

It's quite catchy, too. I remember it being stuck in my head after Mass as a kid.

What's with all these religious faggots?

I'm not religious by any means, but growing up Catholic and hearing all this shit had a huge impact on my musical development.

There are probably like 12 I like some are too boring though. For pro recordings check out Mormon tabernacle choir

What's wrong with being religious?

internet atheism won the culture war years ago you can stop picking on religious people now

everything wrong with you

i'm guessing english isn't your first language, crack a king james open it's challenging but it might help you brush up.

this shit as good christian music

Lord of the Dance
youtube.com/watch?v=1fzRZuGEr04
or Jerusalem
youtube.com/watch?v=R5thgOxL-Xo

do hymns in the us always involve guitars and other instruments rather than just an organ and choir?

English isn't my first language, but my reading comprehension is way ahead of yours, faggot

Hot Cross Buns

In Catholic Mass, it's generally just an organ and vocals. Or if you go to the small, poor, Mexican one I go too, it's just a choir.

LUL Religion in 2016 LUL

>twitch memes

This is great. Thanks!

The King of Carrot Flowers Pts. Two & Three

Nothing my friend, just a closed minded fagget.
I don't consider myself religious but i was catholic when i was kid and i have pretty good memories of it.
Keep on with your belief my nigga.

>outing yourself as a twitch user