I'm an Aussie shitposter I'm just a tradie and a complete spud when it comes to computers so I was wondering I'm...

I'm an Aussie shitposter I'm just a tradie and a complete spud when it comes to computers so I was wondering I'm posting from my phone but I bought this new wireless adapter so I could get an internet connection in my room it's called a edimax but it doesn't find my connection it finds neighbours and shit but not mine so how do I get it to find mine one thing I think I know is that it finds wireless network connection 7 but my connection is on 11 so how do I find my connection? Thanks g

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalcitizen.life/how-connect-hidden-wireless-networks
youtube.com/watch?v=4d41LLwl8Kk
edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/me/wireless_adapters_ac600_dual-band/ew-7811usc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why doesn't it find my connection

You should tell us the model of your edimax wireless adapter and your wifi card's model too, then we might be able to help, but you should have asked
>>Sup Forums
What's your ISP? Telstra? (inb4 "ISP? What for?")

Iprimus and the edimax is an EW-7811USC

Try turning it off and on again mate.

maybe your network is "hidden"
do you know your SSID?
if yes, try to connect to hidden network ("Other network" in your menu ) -> enter SSID manually -> connect

what is your "wifi" anyway, is it just some dongle or "wifi router"? if you want to use internet from many devices you usually need router

It's definitely the other network because vs the rest the connection is excellent but I just tried to connect and it says unable to connect

this is router btw

I have a router that is what I want to connect to from my bedroom I have bought two different wifi adapters now and both haven't found my connection

Can you use a wifi quality checker software like WifiInfoView to see if your network is listed but have a bad signal?
You can check if the radio modes a and c are enabled in your router and change for a less busy channel.

do you remember your old wifi "connection name" (like in that image, something like Telstraa44A893)? its the same as SSID in windows iirc

try enter it MANUALLY because it could be just hidden, you will not see it in the list if its hidden

Can I use anything computer to check that I'll use my main one cheers

also this:
digitalcitizen.life/how-connect-hidden-wireless-networks

I'll assume you're already using your home wifi on your phone, so the signal should be good enough.
Your adapter obviously works since it lists wifi networks.

Do what said.
If it's not listed in "other networks", open the "network center" and add a new network. Set your network's name and password and it'll find it for you.

>Sup Forums actually being helpful. Sup Forums would have already told you to Install Gentoo by now. lol

Sorry for late reply but I did what yous said added it but still nothing to connect to I added it under wireless networks

next steps are complex tb h, you will need at least to work with your router's settings and you can break everything including current setup

if you want to, try to find ip address of your router (its in docs, but usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1), enter this address in your browser, then if it opens, enter login/password (usually admin/admin or similar)

youtube.com/watch?v=4d41LLwl8Kk

Okay I'm in

you entered the web interface?

well, first check (i think its in security page) the "mac address bindings" or "mac security", or "mac address filter" something like this, disable all of it

if its enabled your router will only work only with "known" devices, it will not "see" any other

Okay maybe I figured out the problem I'm not sure but there is no 802.11ac but I think the wireless adapter I bought is 11ac

What state, senpai?

Queensland

Oh that explains it then

edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/me/wireless_adapters_ac600_dual-band/ew-7811usc/
>Complies with draft IEEE 802.11ac standard and backward compatible with wireless 802.11a/b/g/n standards

it should work with this settings, but you can try b/g mixed

Thanks I'm still looking for MAC address can't find it

It works my connection works hey thanks so much for your help I get payed tomorrow if you have an email or steam is there any game I can buy you?

its hard to find, its generic options, but your router may or may not have it

in general disable as much security as you can for debugging, but don't change the passphrase cypher (should be WPA2)

no thanks, i don't even have steam account

Thanks so much is there anything you like or want?

no, thanks again, im glad its working

Okay once again thanks so much?

Meanwhile at Sup Forums: