Tell me about Iraq

Tell me about Iraq
Why is it weak and scared even with oil money and us equipement and military funding

/r/ing that picture of a russian generals quote about chechen mujahideen

Something like "how can you defeat an army that doesnt fear death?"

Bump for this

Their Army was so used to US doing all the fighting. Same will happen to Europe vs Russia when we pull out of NATO.

Well Russians did it the second time around, it's called no regard for human life, it's actually a speciality of Russians.

Problem was that Sunni soldiers didn't want to fight ISIS and just ran away, leaving all their brand new US military gear behind. It's a fucking joke that a city of over 1 million was conquered by 2000 sandal wearing goatfuckers on pick up trucks.

Yo kill everyone you can get your hands on.

As I have understood it the Sunnis in the army had no interest in fighting for a Shia government and the Shias had no interest in fighting for a sunni majority territory.

You kill everyone you can't get alive, and torture everyone you can.

2nd question is why is iraq such a sectarian shithole, it's as bad if not worse than lebanon

thanks for copying my post, do you want to see a picture of my pubic hair so you can groom it like I groom it too?

fucking plagiarists

I tend to dismiss everything a Dutch person says. Actually thought you were the Canadian at first and had to search for your post.

kek

No wonder they lost to sandniggers what such a weak mind.

This guy get it

Saddam used to persecute Shias to keep his power, then the Sunni government fell and was replaced by Shias thanks to them holding a national majority. This lead to a Shia government that disenfranchised the Sunnis who hold a majority in in Northern Iraq.
There was also a lot of sectarian fighting during the USS occupation which I suppose lingered on to some extent after the government and end of the occupation.
That's how I understood it at least.

Would it actually be possible to 'fix' Iraq?

Iraq is basically a country sewed together by the colonial powers of Britain and France following ww1, literally just grouping together 3 ottoman provinces. Its not a country that has organically developed from a particular national identity, theres too much cultural difference between the different groups in Iraq. the only way is for new states to be made, which is what we're seeing with the Islamic State.

This.

1. Saddam Hussein
2. Iran

>lost

The second time was Chechens vs Chechens. Russians did only the bombing.

>posting civilian massgrave
Wow you're edgy

Chechens are not sandniggers. Not even close. There are more French sandniggers than Chechens on earth.

Same for most of mena and SSA

true but in libyas case we got lucky and there wasn't much sectarian conflict and same with tunisia
tho there is some tribal differnces its the fault of italy using divide and conquer

moroco and aleria have berber vs arab stuff and the difference is A its not a religious difference
B you guys didnt get bombed

Maliki

Summed it up perfectly m8, and as another user said the same can be said for the majority of the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.

/thread.

That was a bad idea.

This, and historically Arabs lacked a sense of national/ethnic identity like Yuros. They identified much more with religion/dynasty than states.

1) People in MENA generally are.
2) Iran instigated even more sectarianism, mainly via militias committing abuses of power which we unwisely ignored, and by dictating Shia-centric policy to the government after we left.

Mostly in algeria, here we're 'cool' with each other since we're the majority (60-70%)

Shit started way before Maliki

>Arabs lacked a sense of national/ethnic identity like Yuros

. . . . .

yes actually
pan arabism is a modern concept that started after the arab revolts

He really exacerbated the problem though and our government had its head in the sand as far as a clear issue developing.

True, but he was the culmination, and the ultimate expression, of the metastasis of the government which the United States was too rudderless to stop. We just wanted out, and if Iran takes the country, so be it.
The complacency with which Obama assumed he would allow SOFA extension belied just how incongruous our policy was with reality.