What are the cultural ties between todays Norway and the Brittish isles?

What are the cultural ties between todays Norway and the Brittish isles?
We share a common history in many ways.
Even after the defeat of the vikings in the battle of stamford bridge in 1066 we took up trading again and joint fishing, whaling and trading meant lots of interaction through the last 400 years. What common culture thingys bind us together today? dishes, words, sayings that are still in use today?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hyem
youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cheap flights and christmas tree exchanges

breh I think WW2 is a more recent shared history than the viking age

you are good lads and so are we

One thing i thought that was interesting is that when i visited a friend in liverpool i was treated to a bowl of scouse and it was exactly the same as a common household dish in Norway called "lappskaus". at the time I didn't make the conection other than it was similar but diving into the history i found that it was an imported dish from Norway and very common amongst sailors at that time as it contained both meat and vegetables and was easy to make

Two of the best flags around tbqh.

Were the white and civilised ones of the west that are setting an example for the barbaric olive skins and slavs. Both nations smart, wealthy and sophisticated, also we arent both keen on being the eu's little bitch and know our own strength.

Id happily fight for the norweigans, cant say the same for europe

>Id happily fight

can't even wipe your own ass you inbred mong

Thats cos your mum wipes me arse for me haha now pipe down boyo before i really hurt your feelings

all those countries surrounding those cold seas should join to be honest, inglaterra, escócia, noruega, suécia, islandia, dinamarca, holanda, etc...

some northern slag is direct scandi words

nice

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hyem

youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis

Some lad in a /germanic/ thread said that there was a word or two that was very similar to Old Norse

Language is one thing that is given. Im after things that are alive today. Is there a type of food that a brit and a norwegian would both claim to be a traditional dish today? Is there a song or a lullaby that we both sing still today? Is there a saying that we both still share? What has survived to this day?

they're both white and ugly

I am Greek.

Me too

lmao greece blowin people out

>What are the cultural ties between todays Norway and the Brittish isles?

You both come here in droves to go tree planting in summer and they always buy that James ready 5.5. Every goddamn summer it's Norwegians and Brits (a lot of Aussies too) and you offer me a James ready beer and stand around my town on your day off chain smoking by the store.

I HAVE NOT HERAD OF THIS STEROTYPE BEFORE MY DOGGO!

Lets just take it nice and easy.

Norway is seen almost entirely positively here, we're big fans of Norway in the UK. It's viewed as a very 'cool' country.

Viking heritage/ influence, close cooperation in the World Wars, we have the largest oil reserves in Europe, and we maintain close cooperation in terms of fishing and such in the North Sea.
We both have large foreign aid budgets and are monarchies with similar politics. We're currently working together on wind power too.

And our monarchs are related too.

thought our monarchy shared blood but wasn't certain

absolutely based
love you lads

Love you too. I hope you enjoy your christmas tree as usual.

Both good friends of Portugal. Old allies and bacalhau bringers.

Good lads.

Someone needs to edit this image so he's got the Portuguese frog on one shoulder and a Norwegian frog on the other