Owning one of these is the ultimate first world test, do you have yours?

Owning one of these is the ultimate first world test, do you have yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Boil-Water-in-the-Microwave
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is it?

I have this thing and it works ok and i have a stovetop kettle but i would rather have a qt electric kettle

yes i do but most burgers dont use them. having said that, mine breaks doen with some frequency. have had to fixi it three times

i have one
classic

right now i have a head cold and it is super helpful to have insta hot water for mugs of hot water and hot salt gargle

ofc
who doesn't?

Why the fuck would I need an electric kettle? Normal kettle is better or I could use a microwave like a civilised human

pretty much

>microwaved water

>stovetop kettle

The whistle is fun but it's not worth waiting 4 times as long.

>mate temperature
I want one too

you need a mate, you need yerba, you need a silver straw, you cannot lack any of these essential tools.

I have all these but my kettle only does 100C

60-70C is fine, any higher than that and first your throat will get fucked up by the boiling water, and second the yerba will get burned and will taste like shit.

who the fuck uses a microwave

i have t-fal one

Isn't that what microwaves are for?
Heating water?

I probably would've had one if only I drank coffee

Yes I have one and it's great. But I rarely see them here whereas I would always see them when I lived in Egypt for a bit.

American on vacation here. I have one of these at my hotel room, but I don't know why you're bragging.

The kettle is made of metal and is going to leave your water with a metallic taste. If you put it in the microwave in a glass or plastic jug, it's going to taste pure and unfiltered. That's why I'm only drinking bottled water over here.

Limey's and their offspring all laugh at microwave's, but they're multipurpose unlike their meme kettles. I can cook my dinner and drink water at the same time, in the same appliance.

You can even use the microwave for heating, if you leave the door open

>we first world nao

suttle

SHUTTTT UP YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE FINE ART OF BOILING WATER
NEW FUCKING ZEALAND KIWI

>plastic jug in the microwave

Australian shitposting knows no bounds

>The kettle is made of metal and is going to leave your water with a metallic taste
like when you cook with metal pans?
or chop food with metal knives?
OR EAT WITH METAL CUTLERY?

I'm an American you dumb spic, and it's not an artform. You just put the water in the microwave.

Here's a guide you can follow wikihow.com/Boil-Water-in-the-Microwave

Yes and like real civilized people, I do not use a fucking microwave for anything. We have way better tools for that.

> OR EAT WITH METAL CUTLERY
Yeah for food, not water. Cutlery is sanitized and can't release any chemicals into your food.

When you heat water, the coating on the pan can affect the taste of the water. It's not noticeable in sauces because they're flavored differently.

You don't get that if you heat it in a microwave.

Glass kettle masterrace. Watching the water boil violently while you wait provides entertainment as well as hot water.

>mfw use a wood stove to heat my kettle on weekends

Why not use a normal kettle?

I almost bought one on the recent amazon sale

is china first world now ?

I don't have a stove in my room or at work.

they're inferior

Some have, but majory uses this.

you're a faggot....

Couldn't you just get up and go to the kitchen? And at work don't you have one of those espresso machines that provide boiled water at the touch of a button?

In what way?

how is that supposed to boil water?

that doesn't boil water mate

Yes, they're great. I drink chamomile tea frequently.

Not for the act of getting water to boiling point no.

>In what way?
An electric kettle does not need a stovetop/open flame/heat to boil, and automatically switches itself off once it is properly boiled. Safer and easier.

>civilised
i think civilized sounds more civilized than civilised. what do you guys think?

Yeah p much, if I want tea I just boil water in this bitches in like a minute.
though I want some of those old school kettles just for the nostalgia of my granny

fuck off yank

Why spend more money on stuff that does the same shit?

How important is the mate and the silver straw :O I only have Yerba

t. abdul nasser

Oh fug i thought it was just to store it. My bad.

Still no, i don't have it at least.

Lol

>Glass kettle

Well check out this fancy pants cunt over here.

Mine has LED lights so I can see the bubbles and bring it to raves

You are all plebs. Here is what I use.

it's good shit

now THIS is fancy

I was shocked when I heard Americans don't use it. Is it a muh tradition thing to use stove kettles?

Can you put other liquids besides water into an electric kettle?

We don't really heat up water for anything, I don't know anyone who even owns a kettle

I wouldn't. The heat element gets really hot really fast so it wouldn't really be suitable for much.

I put vinegar mixed with water to soak in mine every few months but that's just to clean it.

I just use my keurig to heat my water

k-cups are a scam

"Italian coffee maker"? I had one, until my mother accidentally it.

Now I'm using one like

wtf i'm first world now

>"Hot tail" [rabo quente]
Those are quite quite good if you replace the razors with a shower resistance.

hell no, what a useless garbage

>he uses a microwave oven to boil water
what a pleb

Your mother accidentally it???

To people without electric kettles: When you people are making soup or stew or risotto or some other dish that requires hot water to be added, how do you get the hot water?

Or am I thinking too highly of Sup Forums's cooking skills?

i dont live in russia dimitri, i use my woodstove

is that XIX century or what

god that's retarded

our old calender made by ancient Finns expired 2000 ago so im not quite sure

My mom makes soup by throwing the ingredients and a bunch of water in a pan which in turn goes on the stove.

The one I had was coated with a mirror-like glass inside, like a thermos. When I moved back in, she somehow managed to break the inner glass; she claims she dropped it.

thats one way to do it, but adding boiled water after you've seared the meat/cooked the veges is a better way to keep the flavours in the ingredients (rather than the soup itself) in a stew or some soups.

I boil the water with other ingredients on a Dutch oven (or a pressure cooker, if there's tough meat or veggies).

>Be American
>Have a hankering for the old Cuppa
>Time-to-boil-some-h2o.mp4
>Load mug o' water into the microwave
>10 mins on high, that'll do it
>10 mins later
>Pull mug out of microwave
>Super-boiled water spurts out all over my face
>fug
>Call 911
>They accidentally send police instead of an ambulance
>Police break down my door, see a red faced man screaming in the kitchen
>get shot

Sear the meat, reserve it, add water to the same pot, put meat back.
Alternatively, if I need to heat the water beforehand, I use a kettle like this.

I figured you'd just use a stove kettle. Seems like it might get oil/juices on it, or just take up stove space though.

This thread has really reinforced the idea of how good electric kettles are for me though. They're just so convenient.

Also good to know there are some cunts on Sup Forums who cook. What brazilian recipes should I try m8?

what's a shower resistance? the heating element in the "suicide shower", like this one?

>Seems like it might get oil/juices on it, or just take up stove space though.
This is rare, since I use tall pots for my stews and soups... and when I'm pan-frying something, I just store the kettle. (But yeah, electric ones are convenient as fuck.)

About recipes: I'll mention some food, if one looks interesting for you I can give you the recipe.

>southerner
Barreado - meat-based stew; the meat is cooked and then teared apart. Traditionally served with cassava meal and bananas. Good to mix-and-match with beef bourguignon recipes.
Arroz de carreteiro - the original recipe is rice, charque (jerky), tomato and onion, but there is plenty room for variation (like adding other meats - sausages and bacon are common). Single dish.
Quirera - broken corn grains cooked until soft, usually with pork rinds.
Vaca atolada (lit. "stuck cow") - cassava and beef stew. Kinda ugly but tasty.
Pirogue and polenta - immigrant food, but common here.

>more general, but specially Paulista
Feijoada - at the simplest it's beans + pork stew served with rice and fried kale. If you can't eat beans [like me] they can be replaced with chickpeas.
Virado - fried corn meal with beans. Usually served with meat/eggs and white rice.

Yeah, the heating element. [Sorry, I translated it wrong.]
Those are really good for ad hoc water heaters.

What's good for summer? I'd prefer something not TOO difficult. So something good for summer than won't take me 5 hours to cook? What would you recommend? Also this Arroz de carreteiro sounds pretty good.

>northeastern food
Moqueca - a fish stew with coconut milk, heavy on either olive or palm oil. The olive oil version is okay for me.
Acarajé - deep-fried beans "dough", commonly filled with shrimps and deep-fried on palm oil.
Tapioca - small tortilla-like disks made of cassava flour, filled with multiple stuff. (traditionally shredded Sun-dried meat)

Also, I have never seen cassava here in my life. Could it be substituted with potato?

>Moqueca
Tell me more, sounds good

In jail he use them to make burgers, fried egg, gulasch soup and everything.
Also coffee, tee

Cassava in pieces can be replaced with potato, but you need to adjust cooking times (cassava is harder).
Cassava flour can be replaced with cornstarch depending on the recipe. I don't think it would do it for tapioca, though.
Cassava meal is tricky... depending on the recipe, you can replace it with rolled oats, or corn meal.

Arroz de carreteiro is one of those lazy recipes. It goes well on summer if you side it with a salad.

>Ingredients
2 cups of white rice
~4 cups of boiling water - it might be more or less depending on the rice
A half pound of jerky (~250g)
Another half pound of cubed bacon, sliced Calabrian sausages or any other meat you feel like adding
A large onion, peeled diced.
A large ripen tomato, peeled and diced. Roman tomatoes work the best.
Some crushed red pepper, you can replace it with pepper sauce if you want.
Parsley and salt. Parsley isn't replaceable...

>How to
It's somewhat like a risotto. Sear the sausages and bacon, add the jerky (desalt it beforehand if too salty).
Add the tomato and onion, medium heat, mix it until the onion is transparent.
Then add the rice, mix it a bit, add enough boiling water to cook the rice. (If unsure, add a bit less, you can always add more water later.)
Taste the salt; you can use the brine left from the jerky to salt it if you want.
Wait until the rice is cooked, turn the heat off, mix parsley and it's done.

cheers cunt, I'll actually make this recipe this week. I might post results, you go to /luso/? (thats the br general right?)

It looks like this, pic related. Common ingredients are fish, shrimps, hard-boiled eggs, lemon juice, tomatoes, onions, black pepper, olive or palm oil... I don't think most people do the "complete" recipe, it depends on the availability of the ingredients.

Not something I do, unlike the arroz de carreteiro, but I can google and translate a recipe for you, if you want.

I rarely go to /luso/ nowadays, but I'd love to see the results, so I don't mind checking there.

also when you say "red pepper" do you mean chilli, or capsicum/bell pepper?

Do you know what kind of fish is used?

See pic, we call it "Calabrian pepper". Chill peppers dried and crushed. Hot as fuck, use it with caution.

If you don't want to add it, just skip the ingredient - don't replace it with bell peppers. (I tried this once and the result wasn't really great.)

Any marine fish, but I think the traditional recipe asks for snook (robalo).

>$20
>free two-day shipping cuz Amazon Prime
Damn. I can't not own this.
>333666
My autism enjoys this.

>woodstove
mah nigga

Thanks family

Good stuff. Thanks bro!

I have one very similar/almost exactly the same as in OP pic, but it got covered with a little to much of sediment...
So I decided to clean it with some citric acid and I can tell you don't do it.

Why?
Because this shit lost it's leaktightness and now my kettle is randomly squirting boiling water like a horny slut.

Now you might think it is fun, you might think that some hell hot water falling on your crotch in the morning will wake you up better then the coffee (even if you are wearing boxers/trousers), but believe me IT HURTS LIKE FUCK.

DIY hustler guerilla slav out.

>You can even use the microwave for heating, if you leave the door open
How do you do this? I press the start button when the door is open but nothing happens. It's getting below freezing nowadays so it would be helpful.