Is it true that in Western eyes the countries of Eastern Europe are basically seen as small versions of Russia...

Is it true that in Western eyes the countries of Eastern Europe are basically seen as small versions of Russia culturally?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_I_of_Wallachia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah

Yeah, slavic countries are just russians in denial

Yes.

Only cucks care how they see us though.

>Westerner posts in /slav/
>the post is ALWAYS about Russia, Russians, the Russian language or Putin

This is how French people see Eastern Europe.

For the most part yeah

Aren't most of the posters in /slav/ eastSlavs?

It's split evenly between Russians & Belorussians on one side posting in Cyrillic about Russian stuff, and Slovenes, Slovaks, Czechs, Bulgarians and Poles posting mostly in English and comparing words, though Russians engage in these discussions as well. Serbs and Croats rarely join in cause they are too tribalistic and only talk to each other (and get bullied by the Slovenes) and Ukrainians post only rarely because they don't like Russians, I guess. There are a lot of Slovenes in /slav/ at most times though, because we feel we have no other general where we would really belong.

There is a really common view that they are all slight variations Russian culture.

But to be fair I see a lot of people do that to all regions of the world.

What about /ex-yu/?

WE ARE NOT SLAVS

That thread is in a different language to ours, isn't it? Even though the two languages are 80% mutually intelligible (and more for Croats who live near the Slovenian border), posting in Slovene will still get you mocked or ignored most times. And on top of it all, we don't consider ourselves a part of the Balkans or to share the same culture as Serbocroats.

Yup

Da

>Slovenes, Slovaks, Czechs, Bulgarians and Poles
From what I've seen, it's only Slovenes and Slovaks who write posts about languages. Poles and Bulgarians only come there to shout random curses, and Czechs don't appear at all.

That's right, you're gypsy scum.

We're Slavs and we affirm with 'Ja' tho.

Yes

You're considered untrustworthy and foreign.

>Poles only come there to shout random curses
MAGNA POLONIA INVICTA EST

>trustowrthy dutchman

nice

"nu"

A trade empire doesn't come falling from the sky.

>dutchling empire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_I_of_Wallachia

Can i get a dutch gf?

For 50 euros.

Neither do cars.

We often catch people from outside Poland stealing those cars.

You should praise us because the moment they get to Poland we catch them, what a silly arab Swede :^)

pls send gf

>From outside Poland
From where?

and we see them as weak wristed fags who cant protect their own cunt, suck negro dick, easy to trick and fuck over
plus they love muslims, hope they all rest in pieces

We have nothing in common culturally with Eastern Europe, so westerners are some dumb fucks if that's the case.

You mean Central Europe. An Eastern Europe is you. And you have plenty in common with Poland culturally.

>SLOVenian opinions

>And you have plenty in common with Poland culturally.
?

I am Eastern Europe?

The food, the vodka, the dancing bears, the occasional onion-domed church....Poland and Russia are more culturally similar than Slovenia and Serbia imo.

>The food, the vodka,
No shit, Germany has the same food as us too.
>the dancing bears,
what
> the occasional onion-domed church
We don't have it here.

I'm Warmian.

I'm just here for Slovenians, it's pretty amusing how they react when someone includes them in Eastern Europe.

>No shit, Germany has the same food as us too.

Nah, German food isn't typically Russian like Polish food. They don't have your Russian pasta, your Russian beet stew, your mushroom soup with boiled eggs...Poland is not truly culturally western like Czechia or Slovenia.

How the fuck can we have russian food if Poland is older than Russia?

Stop your nonsense already, fucktard.

Eastern Poland is Russia the western part eats doesnt have that

PROTIP: We get far more butthurt if you include us in the Balkans.

Western Poland is Russia

Damn, that's one ignorant post. Can't care about the east, west thing but when it comes the food thing it's very wrong.

>culturally western like Czechia or Slovenia
lol

The entire world thinks you're Russia

Retard

It's true too.

Now post the economic one btw the crime is done by Ukrops becouse they settle only here

We can't help being westerners, but we were politically and culturally a part of the western world from Charlemagne to WWI. I'm sorry we can't join you in dancing Cossack dances and eating delicious purple stew, but history is history.

Bullshit, you we-wuzing ape

Why are you so butthurt? Post the economic one :)

And here I thought Poles are delusional. That's some nice we wuzing you have there.

>The entire world thinks you're Russia

In case of Poland, they're technically correct. After all, Poland literally was Russia for 150 years.

>y-you don't speak a Centumic language so you can't be Westerners!

Lithuanians speak a language that's closely related to western languages like Latin and Greek, and are they western? No, Lithuanians are Russians in everything but language. And so too are we western in everything but language.

>Poland literally was Russia for 150 years.
Not at all.

Does that make it technically correct to think Slovenia is Austria?
asking out of curiosity.

Everything behind the iron curtain or former SSR is considered Russian desu, except Ukraine but that's hipsters who pretend to be smart because they watch vice or old people who believe everything the tv says.

Hol up
*puts his tracksuit on*
So u be saying
*eats carp*
Hol up
*swears in Slav*
U be saying
*listens to turbo folk*
We wuz sum kinda westerners an shiet?

And Finland was a part of RE for some time too. So, Finns are Russo-Swedes now?

Absolutely. The duchies of Austria inhabited by Slovenians formed a special administrative unit known as Inner Austria for several centuries.

And another mistake.

Listen here, I see you're trying to seem smart but that's not working, from food, looks, culture to even the regional drink regions of Poland differ from each other.
I know it might be hard to understand for a citizen of a microstate with a population that can be counted by a 6 year old kid, but try to.

That's exactly what finns are

>proud cuck
My fucking sides.

Whether Yugoslavia was behind the Iron Curtain is subject to debate. After all, my parents could go shopping for jeans and records in Trieste or Klagenfurt (and their richer peers did the same in London) without any special procedures beyond a customs check.

We don't do any of that though.

Btw, I am fully aware that westerners don't recognize us Slovenes as their own, but we are nevertheless essentially western.

>We don't do any of that though.
Btw, I am fully aware that westerners don't recognize us Slovenes as their own, but we are nevertheless essentially western.
Goodbye, my sides, I hardly knew thee. Step aside, Poland, Slovenia is here to show you how to WE WUZ.

Slovenia is in every way western (*Snort*)

>behind so butthurt that you literally deny historical record

Poles are really a special type of people. And I fully understand how it is to drive 100 km and enter a completely different world, as small parts of Slovenia were under Hungary and Venice and are thus Eastern European and Southern European in culture, respectively. Unlike Poland, where historical ethnic continuity was broken in 1945 so that the whole country is now 100% ex-Russian.

When Austria declared independence in 1918 it was known as German Austria in the very beginning. Guess who the Slavic Austrians in opposition to which the German Austrians defined themselves were; that's right, it was the Slovenes and the Czechs.

>The food
Nope
>the vodka
?
>the dancing bears
?!
>the occasional onion-domed church
???!
>Poland and Russia are more culturally similar than Slovenia and Serbia imo
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better
>Nah, German food isn't typically Russian like Polish food
You know shit about Polish food and culture
>culturally western like Czechia or Slovenia
Whatever you say, balkan boy
>Poland literally was Russia for 150 years
1/3 of it. The other 2/3 was German and Austrian so I can use your retarded logic as well and say that Polish culture is same as Germanic.

But Czechia is western

The austrian is a subspecies of the Germ which used roach tactics to gain clay, so it's nice to see them becoming sexual relief for the rapefugees.

>trst-proof.tiff

Geography =/= culture

we are geographically partly Balkanic

for instance, Poland is separated from the main part of Russia by Belarus and yet it definitely belong in the sphere of Russian culture at least culinarically, perhaps musically, and maybe in other aspects of its culture that I'm not familiar with. But Slovenia is not culturally Balkanic in the least, if you overlook that 10% of our national population migrated from the Balkans within in the last 50 years. Even the insignificant fact that one of the Polish national dishes is the typically Balkanic/Turkish sarme (golanbki or w/e) would make you more Balkanic than us in the way of ethnic customs.