Poles

Is it true that polish people love mushrooms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9LpVa1UTwU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

yes

only ironically

youtu.be/9LpVa1UTwU8
They are merciless.

I heard they have a culture of eating mushrooms.

Yes. It´s free food you can pick up in the woods. What´s not to love?

Some of them are poisonous, no?
Also, are mushrooms tasty?

Poles are mushrooms

Red are psychedelic, not poisonous

a tiny percentage of mushroom types are poisonous.

>that feel when it doesn't rain where you live so almost no mushrooms ever grow
>that feel when there are entire countries that get tons of rain

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

>there are entire countries that get tons of rain
fired my neurons

You´re right, some are. Every year there´s some cases of people getting poisoned. What you need is an almanac, encyclopedia or some other form of guide in order to know what you should and shouldn´t look for.
As for tasty: I think it´s a matter of personal preference. Pretty much everyone i know sometimes eats chamignons. Same thing applies to other mushrooms. Once in a while they can make a good sidedish.

i thought these were the psychodelic ones

estii likes mushrooms too?

ohh, the ones in the pic looks tasty.

pls no bully, I love the mushies

>estii likes mushrooms too?
mushrooms are eaten in most of countries you fucking monkey
try to go outside of you jungles and educate yourself a bit

they're not good if they aren't prepared properly

Wow, rude.
No need to be like that.
I'm just curious.

yes we like to eat our bathtub carp with some red mushrooms
we are also the only country that does any of this

pink oyster and thai straw mushrooms would probably grow pretty well in BR's climate

no idea what grows in the wild out there though

One of my friends is second gen Polish. His family and extended family went on frequent hunting trips to the middle of nowhere to collect mushrooms. Loads of other weird shit too, but I don't judge.

Do you know anyone that will actually do the bathtub carp this Christmas? Please post pics here if you do.

No I don't.
I think it was popular during communism when people didn't have fridges.

best shroom coming through

>hunting trips to the middle of nowhere to collect mushrooms
Oh, wow, sounds comfy. I'd join them one day.

>Loads of other weird shit too
Got me curious. Elaborate, please?

They are poisonous but not all that lethal. Eating them gives you a huge stomach ache and gives you hallucinations.

Awww, I was hoping it was some ridiculous demand for maximum freshness. Ruined muh day.

All Slavs are mycophiles.

Anglos are extreme mycophobes.

THe rest is in between. Read R. Gordon Wasson for more.

Poles are East Germanics

Learn about the deadly poisonous ones first, and after that you're relatively safe.

If in doubt, don't eat it.

pic related, special snowflakes

no

holy shit, look at the size of that thing.

>that feel when these are probably emerging RIGHT NOW

Steinpilz bester Pilz.
How do you call this spongy Mushroom in your language? Do you also call it "sponge" or "stone-shroom"?

true

mycophile East-Germanics : in fact the whole class of gilled mushrooms (Agaricales) is named after the Agari tribe (Agaroi), a Scytho-Sarmatian people of Sarmatia Europaea (aka Poland)

google it yourself, no bullshit, these people were so known for their mycophilia, biologists named the entire class of gilled mushrooms after them

Do you know about the fabled giantbovist?

these are great parboiled and then fried in butter

you can spot them easily from the side of the road, they grow all over the temperate zones of the world

those are rare as fuck though
that said they're great breaded

boleten

I believe that one is called "eekhoorntjesbrood" (squirrel bread)

at least where I grew up you barely saw them, even pic related was more common, and they're usually gone early as most people know them to be edible

rare? not at all, at least not here, they are everywhere all over the cow pastures in august/september

THE FUCK

borowik

"a mushroom from coniferous forest"

Yes.
It is real and grows in central europe.
People always look so happy if they hold one, a primal kind of joy probably similar to what people felt when they slew a boar singlehandedly and brought the meat back to the tribe.

are they rare?

special soil :^)

jurček

they weren't that rare when I went looking for mushrooms with grandma, the yellow ones and these are way more common, never seen a morel tho

only ate them breaded and fried, but my friend usually eats them in a similar way you described

Is this an allusion to mario (i.e plumber)?

forgot pic

I never saw one and not many people know of them so they are probably quiete rare.
Im not living in rurally though.

I've heard that the year after the Chernobyl disaster, the local mushrooms absorbed so much radioactive cesium isotopes, they became chemiluminescent (glowed in the dark).

On the other side, cleaning an area of heavy metal contamination can be done quite efficiently by growing mushrooms on that soil, taking advantage of the bioaccumulation phenomenon.

The same works with organophosphorus pesticides, and growing psilocybin-containing mushrooms on the contaminated soil.

Yes, but what you posted is poisonous

Kurka, top tier shroom.
Good taste, Adolf.
Borowik, god tier shroom.
Excellent taste, Hans.

Yes, those in your picture aren't edible though

>I've heard that the year after the Chernobyl disaster, the local mushrooms absorbed so much radioactive cesium isotopes, they became chemiluminescent

I've heard that too, but I think it was debunked as an urban legend some time ago

nice mushroom you have there polbro, are mushrooms usually that big over there? are they easy to spot and pick?

Why are balts and slavs so obsessed with shrooms? I always see threads full of Poles, Russians and Latvians/Estonians showing their mushroom hunt hauls.

I'm pretty sure those are just bioluminescent shrooms. It's a natural thing that has nothing to do with radiation.
Dunno if they exist in Europe though.

I'm pretty sure Germs have a mushroom-picking culture as well.
>are mushrooms usually that big over there?
Depends on the species.
I wasn't on a mushroom picking trip for years now though, so I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell the one she's picking is a borowik ( ) and it's like slightly above average, because generally they're pretty big mushrooms.
But for example these are usually very small. You can hold a whole bunch of them in one hand.
Why other westcunts don't eat shrooms? Do they not grow at your place or it just isn't customary to eat them?

>Why other westcunts don't eat shrooms? Do they not grow at your place or it just isn't customary to eat them?
Mushroom picking culture isn't as popular over here but there are a lot of people in the midwest and cascadia that do it. A lot of our meals don't really incorporate mushrooms since we've never had to use them as a "meat substitute". A lot grow around here but people have no interest in them or are too scared they'll eat a poisonous one.

>since we've never had to use them as a "meat substitute"
I don't think anyone ever used them as a "meat substitute" because they're not very nutritious, they just taste good.
>are too scared they'll eat a poisonous one.
Weird. It's really not that hard to learn which ones are edible and which one's aren't.

C H A N T E R E L L E S