Let's talk about your country's currency, bills and coins

Let's talk about your country's currency, bills and coins.

This is Chile's lowest denomination coin, a 1 peso coin. It's made of aluminum and is worth approx 1/6 a US cent. It's so worthless that if you see it in the floor you don't even bother to pick it up, sometimes you just vacuum it and trash it because it's so worthless. Their only use is making noise bombs with acid and a bottle.

Spain uses the neomark. Germany is generous enough to let us put our own picture on it.

Is it even worth its weight in Aluminum? US one cent coins haven't been made from solid copper in a long time because of that. They're zinc with a copper plating.

Wow. Chileans really are white! Anyhow, the United States cent is worthless. It costs 1.5 cents just to make a cent. It is a waste of money.

These are British coins, the coppers are basically worthless and the small silver one in the middle (5p) is just inconvenient

I think the coin's value is a a bit more than what it's worth in aluminum.
But it cost like 6 pesos to make one coin, and the 5 pesos coin cost like 17, so they are getting rid of them next year.
I already stared hoarding them.

>1
>2
>5
>10
>20
>50

Holy fuck. We just use 5, 10 and 25. Why do you need so many different coin?

don't forget the £1 at the top
I don't think it's that bad, we could probably do without 2p and 5p but it just makes things easier, how would you buy something thats like 47p without smaller coins?

1,2,5,10,20,50 is standard in Europe.
I've never seen a European currency having 25, it's absolutely disgusting

We've dropped 1 and 2 cents pretty much entirely, because they're so worthless. They're still technically valid, but I'm not sure shops are legally binded to even accept them.

Yeah but what I meant I've never seen a 25 denomination or "a quarter" in any european currency.

Only silly oversea anglos do this. Guess people who still use imperial will never cease to amaze us.

this is the argentine 50 pesos bill and my fingers, you can buy a jar of Nescafé with it.

>Falklands are on it
Wew

Have you seen the new 200 and 500 pesos notes?

1kr, 2kr (soon), 5kr, 10kr
1 USD is 9,2 kr, so nothing under 10 cents.

Lol you cannot make this up holy shit.

LOS

MAL

VINAS

SON

AR

GEN

TIN

AS

AS

By 2016 whiter than USA and this isnt even banter

Proud of you lads.

Except you, Sven. You ruined it.

We did it, Reddit!

I'm new here. what is this?

>22
Nice, chequing them

you better cash that cheque

Cashing it now

Beautiful

>Los

CHI

Mal

CAGO

EN

LA

MERCADO

>LOS

Way to fuck up a combo

Is Canada now the first civilized country to put a nigger on it's currency?

Don't tell me they actually did this.

Yes, it was announced this morning.. We already knew that they were putting a woman on one of our bills, but they went all out and made it a black woman

USA also has a black woman I think.

What the fuck

CUTE! Chile a cute!

So, who is she?

Yet ANOTHER east coast person and still no representation of western Canadians on our bills.

we have a woman in our bills but at least she won a nobel price

literally did nothing of note

but at least now i can dream of appearing on one of our bills

>1 chilean peso
the material in which it's made is probably more valuable than the coin itself

If I were you, I'd melt all my 1 peso coins and sell them, buy more 1 peso coins and repeat : you now have infinite money

i believe she was a nova scotian businesswoman who refused to sit in the designated "coloureds only" section of a theatre and was fined. she unsuccessfully appealed her fine and passed away inconspicuously several years later

If that were the case, everybody would have done it by now.
Aluminum is so worthless the amount of material in that coin isn't worth 1 peso

I wasn't serious mate

In Cuba the lowest denomination coin is $0,004 worth and made of plastic.
I remember a woman paying a 8 cent juice counting her $0,004 coins. Quite sad desu.

yeah we don't need 1p, 2p or 5p's
I just put them in charity things if I get handed them as change because I don't want to carry them around

But some people are just soooo emotionally tied to the penny they won't drop it.

The USA has been thinking of putting a black woman on our currency, and it's been planned for the future. But it hasn't been done yet.

She doesn't look black tb h

Bottom two aren't technically legal tender in the UK but no one gives a shit because they're the same size, shape and have Are Liz on them. The Manx Pound and Gibraltar Pound are pegged 1:1 to the Pound Sterling

I live in between two ferry ports that serve the Isle of Man so there's always cars with Manx plates on them and Manx coins in my change aren't rare

Haven't seen a Gibraltarian coin before

el polaco seniores

Hasn't the Queen been on your bills for like 60 years by now?

Never seen an Isle of Man pound coin before. Nice!

Cool stuff. Have you seen other coins from the Isle of Man? What about bills?