If Europe would be united under one nation what should be it's language?

If Europe would be united under one nation what should be it's language?
I would say Finnish because its very good language and very easy to learn and master.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vae_victis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomor_dialects
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Romance language

I cry everytime.

Ancient Greek of course.

English. It already is.

WE

but we wuz really celts n shiet

You're not a frank, Damien.

WUZ

Gauls were genocided by romans and replaced with terroni. If you still have people speaking a celtic language it's because of the british celts.

>Toward the end of the 4th century, the Britons of what is now Wales and the South-Western peninsula of England began to emigrate to Armorica.

latin, ancient greek, or Italian is better

no German
no English
no French

Why is Iran not European?

ელფური :3

I'm part "British" celtic and they're by far the most cucked Frenchies.

Nothing to be proud of.

Gauls were based motherfuckers, bretons are leftist subhumans.

>brittany is celtic
>cornish isnt

yeah makes sense that :S

>minority languages coloured as if they are the majority

irish pls

And it partially shows the historical situation, for example Finnish isn't nowadays spoken in Russia hardly at all and that Swedish speaking area in Finland is too large, they've colored fir example 100% Finnish speaking Salo Swedish.

Spelling reform first - make it 100 times more phonetic than English.

Obviously latin

Gauls surrendered like little bitches. Caesar just conquered the whole region in a few years and sold them as slaves.

I hate the colourblind as much as any other guy but those colours tones are too similar in some cases desu
Finnish isn't a European language. Slovene would be the best choice for an official language of united Europe

>le genocide meme

Wtf is this map? Finnish, Ukrainian and Belorussian aren't spoken in Russia. Belorussian isn't used even in Belarus. Russian is dominant in more than in half of Ukraine, not only south. There isn't any region with Ugric-speaking majority. If there are so many mistakes only in area that I know, I suppose everything else on this map is bullshit.

Then we turned into GOAT tier français, bretons got invaded by Romans...vikangz...anglo-saxons-jutes...got invaded IN FRANCE by us...

This. We hate Ugrics so much that our ancestors made sure there won't be any traces of them here left

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vae_victis

Based Gauls

But your ancestors ARE ugrics lmao

>ancient greek
please no, for the love of god, even advanced latin is easier

Well there is Putin's face which is also the face of Russian people worldwide

Not you. Those Uralics who used to live here

But you still live there?

>If Europe would be united under one nation
let us pray that such madness never happens

Nope. How are we connected to them? There is similar between us, you, Estonia and Hungary

>How are we connected to them?
By blood? Slavs didn't kill ugrics, they fugged each other and created russians lol

realistically, English

if English wasn't the lingua franca:
Latin /neo latin
Esperanto

Nobody hates Ugrics, average man in the street don't even know who they are, despites he could be have Ugric roots by himself.

It really is a shame that we don't have a large country like France speaking Celtic nowadays. Celts were pretty much the original Europeans but got totally cucked by circumstances

Basques came before the Celts desu

Only Indo-Europeans are relevant tbqh

>Scientists from Uppsala University have managed to extract genome-wide markers from the early Neolithic remains of three hunter-gatherers and one farmer from southern Sweden. They only pulled a few thousand SNPs from each sample, but that was enough to successfully compare the ancient remains to modern Europeans. The results of their study, published in Science Magazine today, reveal that Poles top the allele sharing list with the the hunter-gatherers.

We are the original Europeans.
Therefore Europe should speak Polish

Well Basques are closer to original Europeans than Celts

Half of Germany would be Celtic and look like Jörg Haider if Nordic Germanics didn't descend upon them and sow their seed.

aye.

I'm sure Gaulish sounded based af.

saasii huuii finn

>Sicily has so much African admixture it crashes the program so it had to be excluded

Wew

This. Romance languages are gay as fuck and France (or whatever the equivalent in this timeline ends up being) would be much more tolerable

old news, Poland is significantly steppe. no one in Europe except the Sardinians and the Basques have much significant continuity from before the Bronze Age

I'm moderately offended (especially since you're an anglo) but I also think that a Celtic language would be better.

true

german

I want to visit my mansi brothers

Arabic

Finnish is extremely difficult, Estonian even more so. We have 14 versions of each word in our morphology, 28 if u coint plural and close to 140 accepted formats. Example:

Spider - ämblik

Singular only, dont bother to write plur

Ämblik
Ämbliku
Ämblikku
Ämblikusse
Ämblikus
Ämblikust
Ämblikule
Ämblikul
Ämblikult
Ämblikuks
Ämblikuni
Ämblikuna
Ämblikuta
Ämblikuga

And like so for every word. Forming them is often not systematic and varies from word to word. Also some of these have several allowed forms

>Celtic
JUST

who cares you irrelevant piece of shit? and yet you dont have any known poets

not an argument

t. Szczepan Molynevski

wow, rude

He's kind of right though.
Nobel prize in literature is kind of a consolation prize (that's why we have so many of it lmao). You'd think that a nation 5 times larger than Icelandic could at least get one.

>Esperanto
>lo memeo lingvo

Yeah, how about no. There are a million conlangs out there that don't look and sound so retarded.

Swedes have given themselves a lot of Nobels which they didn't deserve

>Easy to learn

Wew lad. I almost thought you were serious.

Yeah, conquered Rome when it was an irrelevant village. And later they got genocided and turned into good roman lapdogs.

>be in europe for 40,000 years
>invent mämmi

This I'm not arguing. The eternal cuck been striking for centuries

Latin is the most influential language in Europe.
Slavic languages are the biggest linguistic group in Europe.
Then it's obvious that Europe should speak the most Latinized Slavic language.

GAULZ

lol nice
is it actually most 'latinized'?

(Daco-)Romanian is the most Slavic-influenced, by far, Romance language

therefore Europe should speak Romanian

>curvescu
good enough for me I guess
Dunno about Croatian, they might have more Latin loanwords since they're closer to Italy. Then again, they used to share a language with Serbs not so long ago.

my guess is that the most Romance-influenced Slavic languages are the ones of the Balkans, due to Vlach; most Greek-influenced too, especially the Southeast varieties. they also have some Germanic loanwords from proto- and early Common Slavic

Bulgarian or Serbian should therefore be Europe's lingua franca.

Yeah but muh numbers

>Bulgarian or Serbian
>not Turkish-influenced

even better, since the Turkish population in European soil is greater than that of most European countries.

they'd represent basically every linguistic branch of the continent. I'm sure we can find a couple of Hungarian, Celtic and Romani loanwords in them too

Fuck you rus/slav, Im rus/finno-ugric and I know my language

>very easy to learn
>Finnish
Only if you were born in Finland.

There is no single mix of Finnish to Russian language, which means that the Russians can not learn it.

Even the Norwegian language is mixed with Russian, forming Pomeranian language.

>Even the Norwegian language is mixed with Russian, forming Pomeranian language.
The two Pomeranian languages are unrelated to Northern Germanic and Eastern Slavic languages; one is related to German, another to Polish.

I'm talking about this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomor_dialects

Sorry - I thought you were talking about either Kashubian or Pommersch.

not an argument

>Europe should speak the most Latinized Slavic language
Wenedyk then?

>Sur kole piekwa, kwała nie owa łanie, widszy kawale, wyn za kwałór tra grawy kor, siekądy bojła grędzia sarczyna, maż trzecy raptamięć prota moszkłu.
>Piekwa dzikszy kawalew: „Mi kród dole kędy widze komód womień rzeże sem kawałór.”
>Kawale dzikszorą: „Uszkiełta, piekwo, nów kród dole kędy widziemy iłu: womień, miastr, przędzie twa łana prokód faczer męciół kaldy pro siej sułu. Maż piekwa rzemanie sień łanie.”
>Komód piekwa udzy iłu, ła fyższy en płan.