Is Russian still a popular language to learn in Eastern Europe?

Is Russian still a popular language to learn in Eastern Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=go_Oe6XbDTc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Russia literally has a GDP smaller than Italy. No economic value is speaking Russian. It would be more profitable to learn English or German.

No

Not anymore.

Don't believe these faggots. Russian is very popular in all former-Soviet states and most Eastern Bloc states.

Дa.

Only in the ex-USSR countries.

fuck no

They are all lying.
In pretty much every school in Eastern Europe they teach Russian because they have tons of teachers for it since everyone learned it in commie times.
So yes many people still learn Russian

not really

Ask this latvians lul, literally 70% can speak and understand russian.

What "no"? Are you implying nobody speaks Russian in Belarus or Ukraine?

they are pretty much russians so

the situation here is different
no one know or learn russian only if they want to

Well then I see it's confirmed we're Central Europe.

no
it's all english and german now

t. some faggot a continent away who's never left his state

central yurop thank you very much

Not so much, Id say, English is pretty much mandatory here since 1st grade and then for second language it goes German>French>Russian.

Pretty much never met anyone studying Spanish or Italian in school

dvachuyu

Kids here learn it mostly because it's the easiest out of the 3-4 second foreign languages you can choose at school.

That's great that the kids learn English so early. Our schools don't begin teaching foreign languages until the students are 15 (grade 7). The only choices are Spanish, French and German; sometimes Latin. I chose German and it has helped me a lot in Europe. Personally, I wish we had more Eastern European languages available.

Yeah, but that's since it's more like the third language education in Sweden. We have english since 2nd grade, but spanish/french/german from 6th grade.

Only in Ukraine and Belarus

Christ, that's really fucking late. I had mandatory English and German starting from age 10 and then a choice between Italian and French later.
And that was still late since nowadays basic English starts in preschool at age 5.

>Romania
>ex-USSR
Are you retarded

>That's great that the kids learn English so early.
how the fuck is it great lmfao

Also Armenia and Central Asian countries.

Speak for yourself. My elementary school had chinese and spanish available for 4th and 5th grade students.

because it's easier to learn for them

i met 20ish white american students (harvard) and they spoke chinese and spanish fluently to the point they joked to each other in both languages

gook

Nigger really?

Is English really easy for the Swedish people because of the Germanic similaries of grammar, or is it TV and media? Most Swedes I've delth with have native level English.
It is ridiculously late. That's why 95% of Americans can't say more than 'how are you'. My Father spoke German to me growing up, but not enough to be fluent - a good intro. I envy the Europeans beginning English education at an early age.
Because the younger you are, the easier it is to learn.

Holla reddit

nothing a broke slav says can insult anyone

this is a 7 year old in Bulgaria wtf lol

He was asking about Eastern Europe

get the fuck out of here you cringy fucking redditcuck

rare inquisitor

>l-leddit

nice argument there

Ni Hao, reddit

and what was your argument, autistic fagglet? lmfao

youtube.com/watch?v=go_Oe6XbDTc

Most Swedes can't speak English for shit, every single one I've ever met has been lacking in terms of pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary etc and they've only been exposed to American English dialects and the type of British English that's only ever spoken in TV shows and news broadcasts.

Even many 18 year olds (yes, ethnic Swedes with blonde hair and blue eyes from middle-class backgrounds) are unable to spell out simple words like "because", "where", "that" and so on.

I picked up English through TV and the internet alone from an early age (The Swedish education system is rubbish) and I'd say it's like a second native language to me, but I have an easy time learning languages in general and right now I speak 4 languages and am learning a 5th.

Was it kino?

Only in Estonia, Latvia, Belarus and Ukraine. Basically the Russian border states, excluding Norway and Finland. (And disregarding Kaliningrad.)

Russian is not really an important language anymore here in Europe. It is the lingua franca in Central Asia, though.

Learning English is a necessity. Learning any other language is pretty much useless. It makes sense that your education focuses on other things.

Virtually nobody under age 45 speaks it

Few years ago you could choose between learning German or Russian as second language in schools, english was obligatory. Now there is more possibilities like Spanish, Italian or French :)

why russian can't into english ?

Is of very hard language comrade Russian easy and good English is of le yes not easy and of bad glory to Russia

great post

Low level of exposure. Everything foreign is dubbed in russian.

Here we start learning english when we are about 9-10. Third language at 14. In most cases it`s russian. German, french or swedish is also available in some schools. Most people under 40 can`t speak russian. Young people can read cyrillic and maybe hold a very basic conversation, but not much more.