So how long is Syria going to stay fucked? I mean at least it looks like Iraq is getting their shit together

So how long is Syria going to stay fucked? I mean at least it looks like Iraq is getting their shit together.

Other urls found in this thread:

al-monitor.com/pulse/ru/originals/2015/10/syria-turkey-right-groups-accused-kurds-rojava-of-war-crimes.html
stratfor.com/weekly/20110504-making-sense-syrian-crisis?elq=2ef73758a9434404bd465acd3490d5fe&utm_campaign=110505&utm_content=readmore&utm_medium=email&utm_source=GWeekly
theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/10/syrian-national-dialogue-boycotted-by-opposition
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14096981
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh wait sorry that map is outdated

if trump goes in as he said against isis. it wont stand more than 6 moths. erdoğan may convince opposition to stop fighting with assad. and they may form some sort of minority government so we can send syrians to there. although i think revolution volume 2 will begin in 5 years after that.

>I mean at least it looks like Iraq is getting their shit together.
America*

>that dot of government forces still holding out

Holy fuck lads

But Syria is going to be fucked for a very long time. After ISIS and the Rebels are defeated (and I'm pretty confident they will be) it's going to take a long time to rebuild.

As long as foreign governments try to mossad the Assad.
>let's fund rebels even though most of them are shit too
>let's "accidentaly" attack the Syrian army
Assad may be shit but goddamn does the West play a dirty role

There will be problems for at least a decade, the rebels won't be able to put up an effective resistance for much longer though.

It's a shame but Assad's government is the only force capable of bringing peace to the country now, and the rebels still fighting are far from moderate. I just hope they give up soon and Syria can see peace again.

I heard Russia was planning for a country-wide ceasefire but I don't have my hopes up considering the rebels have broken almost every single ceasefire of the entire war so far.

until scumbags putin and assad die

Can't you get executed for saying something like that?

>>let's fund rebels even though most of them are shit too
>>let's "accidentaly" attack the Syrian army

Yeah I really don't understand this. Assad has been the most murderous out of all of them during the actualy war, but imagine if a rebel victory happened. It would just be an even more unstable shitshow with different factions all competing for power like in Libya, plus you'd have Islamists murdering religious minorities. Assad's government is the only side other than the Kurds that doesn't kill people for being the wrong religion or ethnicity.

Syria has been fucked for 6 years.

Iraq has been in a constant state of fucked since 1258 when the Mongols went full autism.

The only reason Assad has killed more civilians is because he has the largest army, and an air force.

If the rebels had planes do you think they would give a shit about collateral damage? The same people who make canons out of propane tanks and fire them at residential areas as revenge for airstrikes?

Assad has killed more people, I won't debate that, but the rebels are morally worse, and if they had the means they would have killed many more people.

Lets not even get started on thy kinds of people who actually report civilian casualties though, like the SOHR who counted every rebel killed as a civilian for years.

>kurds
>not killing people for being the wrong ethnicity
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

t. muhammad al-jihadi

They do it less that other groups in syria and iraq atm.

About half of the SDF is arab.

Assad is winning and will most likely win the war along with the SDF

>SDF
no such thing. Literally 90% Kurd.

US created it to make our relationship with the Kurds more politically palatable for Erdogan.

>mfw erdogan fucked up so badly he made the SDF (at least the YPG in Afrin) and Assad more or less allies.

Seriously. If he hated kurds so much he should have been helping Assad from the start. What an idiot.

>Iraqi Kurdistan is decent
>Rojava is full GOMMUNISM
What happened?

One is run by a cyrpto-Turk cuckold and the other by people who actually protect Kurds.

>Rojava

THEY MUST BE STOPPED

>mfw they are actual unironic islamic communists
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

> le ebin Kurds are the good guys meme

There are no good guys in this war. Kurds are sympathetic to the West because they have female units, which vibrates with the SJW wavelength.

Kurds are bastards when they have to, like everyone else. It's a fucking civil war with over 1200 different armies and a crapload of ethnic hatred, you cannot show weakness or else you'll die after some horrible torture.

al-monitor.com/pulse/ru/originals/2015/10/syria-turkey-right-groups-accused-kurds-rojava-of-war-crimes.html

this desu

I like the YPG but kurds in Turkey have commit some pretty awful atrocities. I don't agree with the repression from the turkish government exactly, but there is no excuse for suicide bombings / killing civilians int he name of your cause.

>kurds in Turkey have commit some pretty awful atrocities

PKK doesn't represent all Kurds, ozglu

This

Nigger I'm "Irish" American not a filthy roach

And PKK isn't the only kurdish terrorist group in turkey.

And I'm well aware that most kurds don't support the PKK.

>kurds were big meanies to villagers
>meanwhile isis and """""moderate""""" rebels behead people

A least for a generation or two.

It doesn't even matter who gets to rule the ruins eventually. If Assad wins the remaining rebels will just switch to guerilla tactics and make the place unstable for many years. If the Rebels it will turn to hell on earth anyway.

The other guy being bad does not make you good.
see: Hillary

I say we give it all to the jews

A better question is why does, and why should, anyone give a shit if Syria is fucked up?

It's the middle east. Everything, everywhere there has been fucked up for thousands of years and always will be, only to a matter of differing degrees.

A long while, but it'll only get worse if we attempt to intervene.

No side in any war ever was completely clean, the Kurds are still the cleanest

USA has given up on total regime change in Syria, now they gonna split it and USA will try to build that pipeline over the territory controlled by isis

Nah fuck those faggots too. Listerally Islamic Communism.

The only kurds worth a damn are the ones in Iraq and they hate those commie faggots in Syria too.

>A better question is why does, and why should, anyone give a shit if Syria is fucked up?
because the longer Syria stays fucked up, the more they'll pour refugees onto us that stresses our country out, both politically and economically.

But communism is the best political ideology and Islam is the best religion, I don't see a problem here?

Nah we don't give a shit about the pipeline anymore. We found out we have assloads of oil and gas here.

That pipeline is the fracking paranoid EU's problem.

>if we attempt to intervene.

Showering the rebels with money, intelligence and logistics, bombing a sovereign country that did not ask for your help and killing that country's soldiers within their borders without a declaration of war pretty much looks like intervention.

Bullshit. All you have to do is not accept them, problem solved.
Literally both thise things are deserving of death much less a combination of both. Feel free to let your heart bleed all you want but I personally hope they all die.

The difference is that Iraq has a majority Shiite population which supports the Shiite government against the Sunni terrorists while in Syria the opposition/rebel/terrorist Sunnis are the majority of the population.
It's hard for a minority to keep control of the majority.

>Bullshit. All you have to do is not accept them, problem solved.
>implying it's that easy

Indeed, mistakes were made. Now is the time to correct those mistakes by remembering there is absolutely no reason for us to care if they massacre each other for the next 2000 years. Kebab gonna kebab, pointless to get involved.

Pipeline was never meant to give profit to USA. It's meant to prevent EU from taking Russian resources

Sure it is. Don't vote for faggots.

>pointless to get involved

Still something a bit low on our future priorities list I'd think.

Fucking up Russia in no1 US priortiy, since 1945

Unless we're going to straight up genocide every single one of them I find a hard time coming up with a way we could kill them more efficiently that they are already doing to themselves.

So again I ask, what's the point?

Even if you don't, someone else will and the government will be forced to take at least some of them to save face.

> It's hard for a minority to keep control of the majority.

It's only hard if you start spreading bullshit about freedom and equality. Fear is the best peacemaker. Saddam, Assad, the Tutsi, the Qing, the Zanzibari Arabs kept their countries 'peacefully' subdued through terror. But then surprise democracy happened.

Oh bushit. We already buried Russia 30 years ago.

Our crybaby soon to be former leaders are only screaming about them because they need someone to blame for spaghetting the election away. No one here actually gives a fuck about Russia. As long as they leave NATO countries alone we're cool.

>someone else will
Not in the least bit of our problem.
>and the government will be forced to take at least some of them to save face.
You think Trump gives even a fraction of a fuck? Dude wanted to ban ALL Muslims.

If it were dead there wouldn't be NATO forces in Poland and Romania. Also, no sanctions. Also, no claims that Russians hacked the elections. And many other things.

USA won the battle when USSR collapsed. But the war never ended, only a fool would think something like that. Protip: look at the expansion of NATO after soviet collapse

How does it feel to live in a country where you cheer for Russia like it's your favorite sports team? I find that shit bizarre.

Feels good

As long as you realize that Russia would fuck your country over if it were convenient and beneficial to them that's ok

if they didnt have a boogieman they would have to invent one (al-quaida, etc)

also if they didnt have a boogieman their military-industrial complex would be fucked

> As long as you realize that (insert any powerful country here) would fuck your country over if it were convenient and beneficial to them that's ok

Fix'd.

There are forces in Poland and Romanian because Poles and Romanians are crazy and have PTSD. Sometimes it's just easier to do what they ask then listen to their bullshit.

No one is honestly in the least bit worry about those two countries being attacked. No one here fears Russia.

Thats my point exactly... I dont see why anyone from any country would like USA, Russia or China

When I see someone from another country shilling for one of those governments I immediately identify them as a dumbass

Explain some points for me:
- Why the fuck Assad send troops to shoot protesters? For fuck's sake, police would be more than enough.
- Why didn't he tried to calm protesters by more peaceful methods?
- Why didn't he tried to unite with secular parts of FSA against ISIS?
and many more.
It all looks like Assad's and Ba'ath authority are not very great.

Explain this to me:

Who cares?

USA, RF and EU, also Iran and ME countries.

Nah, no one here actually cares except obongo and he's going to be unemployed in a few weeks. And good riddance.

He didn't just start shooting protesters, and he did start with just police, and protests had been going on for weeks before shots were fired (still cant be confirmed who fired first and never will) and in the beginning of the insurgency the moderates slowly but surely joined the most powerful groups.

> Why the fuck Assad send troops to shoot protesters? For fuck's sake, police would be more than enough.
Because Medieval brutality has worked before. For minorities in power (like Alawites in Syria, Tutsis in Rwanda, Sunnis in Iraq, Arabs in Zanzibar etc etc etc), brutality works like a charm. Remember Hama? 20k dead? That's a Katyn-grade massacre for instance. The Assad family has been able to rule the country since the 70s through terror.

> Why didn't he tried to calm protesters by more peaceful methods?
See answer 1. When you shoot and beat protestors, they will think twice about organising further protests. Assad antagonised the West and that's why we got all the info about the 2011 demonstrations. Ever wondered why we caught so little wind about the Arab spring in Bahrain?

> Why didn't he tried to unite with secular parts of FSA against ISIS?
Because that would amount to giving the FSA some sort of legitimacy. Assad ALWAYS talks about terrorists, never rebels. He won't ever give the FSA any credit; to the Syrian state, the FSA are criminals, full stop. Besides, Daesh is most of all an Iraqi thing. There are Al-Qaeda and other friends in the FSA, which does not make them much better than child-enslaving, Shia-genociding, kuffar-burning Daesh.

> It all looks like Assad's and Ba'ath authority are not very great.
Indeed, before the Russian and Iranian intervention, things were bleak for Assad's army. The Alawites and Christians are a minority after all and the SAA was effectively the army of the Alawites and Syrian Christians in the first years of the civil war. Their numbers were dwindling and the majority Sunnis would definitely win a war of attrition. After Russian firepower and Iranian advisors started to turn the tide, more segments of the population have been jumping on the bandwagon. Hopefully the war will come to an end, I feel bad for the children...

>SAA was effectively the army of the Alawites and Syrian Christians in the first years of the civil war.

Source? The most common number of sunnis in the SAA that I've seen over the years is ~65%.

stratfor.com/weekly/20110504-making-sense-syrian-crisis?elq=2ef73758a9434404bd465acd3490d5fe&utm_campaign=110505&utm_content=readmore&utm_medium=email&utm_source=GWeekly

Most conscripts were, are and will be Sunnis since they are the majority of the population, but most career soldiers and officers were from Assad's Alawite sect, due to Hafez's 'Alawitization' of the army.

Btw two of my friends hosted a Syrian Sunni refugee for a few months, and then he found a job as a waiter and an own place to stay. His story is quite brutal, and he's one of the lucky ones. Namely one of the rich Syrians who could pay for a plane ticket to fuck off abroad.

Makes sense. I wonder what the composition of officers looks like now though.

I remember maybe a year ago hearing that 1/3 of military age male alawites had been killed.

>If Assad wins the remaining rebels will just switch to guerilla tactics and make the place unstable for many years
This. At best maybe there will be an initial period of calm but this started because he was a shithead to begin with and he'll be even worse after Russia wins this for him.

t.RT
Seriously no one gave a shit about Russia until Putin started acting like a 19th century dick head. It boggles my mind why Serbs suck Russia's dick more than Russians do.

>If it were dead there wouldn't be NATO forces in Poland and Romania.
Based on Ukraine, I think their joining NATO is justified
>Also, no sanctions.
See Eastern Ukraine. Crimea could have probably been dealt with on more diplomatic terms if Russia didn't support a bunch of Bydlos destroying everything. >Also, no claims that Russians hacked the elections. And many other things.
Well they clearly hacked the Democrats. While I doubt they hacked the actual election they did try to fuck with our political system which isn't exactly a neutral stance.
>USA won the battle when USSR collapsed. But the war never ended, only a fool would think something like that. Protip: look at the expansion of NATO after soviet collapse
Again, because it's neigh it's do not trust Russia and as recent events have shown have no reason too. We are Russia's boogy man they continually use us as their reason for doing everything.

> 1/3 of military age male alawites had been killed
That's very likely. I bet most Alawites have stayed in Syria to fight.They certainly know that if the Sunni jihadfags win, the fate of the Syrian Alawites will be what happened to the Russian Don Cossacks, the Scottish Highlanders and the Haitian whites. A majority that wrestles power back from an oppressive minority does not usually forgive and forget. Mandela was the exception, not the rule.

Anyway, the war is a tragedy for everybody involved. For instance,
> this guy my friends hosted was kidnapped for 2 weeks by a literally who ragtag "militia"
> "either your family sends more shekels or you're dead user", literally every day
> after 2 weeks his captors got tired and unironically gave him $50 to grab a taxi home
> the war goes on, our friend lives in his bourgeois Damascus apartment with mom and dad
> you've got mail!
> it's a conscription letter from the government
> "user, come defend your country against the evil terrorists who are BURNING SOLDIERS ALIVE, EATING THEIR HEARTS and SELLING CHILDREN AS SLAVES, you're not a coward pigdog AWOL traitor are you?"
> yeah right
> user takes the first flight to Lebanon that appears on his laptop screen
> he does Lebanon -> Turkey -> Algeria because why the fuck not, he can afford it
> in Algeria he meets some shady people smugglers
> user boards bus in Algeria
> the bus takes him from Algeria to Morocco to the Spanish-Moroccan border at Melilla
(1/2)

>As long as you realize that (insert any country here) would fuck your country over if it were convenient and beneficial to them that's ok
>Fix'd.
Double Fixed

(2/2)

> he spends thousands of dollars on bribes on the way, apparently Algerian and Moroccan cops aren't THAT cheap if you look rich
> Moroccan smuggler tells him to follow him and shut the fuck up
> Moroccan walks into Spanish territory in Melilla
> user walks into Melilla after him and thinks WHAT THE FUCK I'M LITERALLY WALKING INTO THE EUROPEAN UNION, MY FUCKING SIDES
> when he arrives at Spanish passport control he says the only thing he's learned in Spanish and repeated to himself all over the Lebanon - Turkey - Algeria - Morocco trip:
> "I'm a Syrian citizen. I'm fleeing the civil war. I have got all my documents with me, and they are completely legitimate."
> "I am asking for political asylum."
> Spain is a member of the refugee convention so user cannot be expelled as long as there is a war situation at home
> congratulations, your life is in no danger now

So yeah, reality is much harsher than fiction. And that's the tale of one privileged, pampered guy from posh Damascus. Imagine what the 99% dirt poor peasants have to go through.

>expect nothing but shitposting
>get some legitimate responses
Well I can't say I expected this, but I'm glad that there's some seriousness here.

>- Why the fuck Assad send troops to shoot protesters? For fuck's sake, police would be more than enough.
He's an idiot who listens to his father's violent friends.
>- Why didn't he tried to calm protesters by more peaceful methods?
He saw it as a continuation of the Arab Spring and probably feared getting Ghadaffid
>- Why didn't he tried to unite with secular parts of FSA against ISIS?
He sees everyone as a threat to his power. To him they are all the same.
>and many more.
>It all looks like Assad's and Ba'ath authority are not very great.
Of course not the history of Ba'ath is basically that of violent retards.

>the whole shitshow could have been avoided if Assad was willing to concede some democracy for Syria
>now it's just fucked

The rebels were the ones unwilling to negotiate democratic terms, not Assad. They wanted Sharia.

>Following Bahrain's example, the Syrian government held a two-day national dialogue in July, in attempt to alleviate the crisis. The dialogue was a chance to discuss the democratic reforms and other issues, however many of the opposition leaders and protest leaders refused to attend citing that continuing crackdown on protesters in streets.

>theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/10/syrian-national-dialogue-boycotted-by-opposition

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14096981

>>the whole shitshow could have been avoided if Assad was willing to concede some democracy for Syria
>could have been avoided
Hahahahhahahahahaha

>democracy is good

Take your shitty meme and leave

You know a region is fucked when an authoritarian dictator is the best option.

Not really, authoritarian dictators can be pretty based.

This.

It's literally impossible to give most Muslims democracy.

Soon i guess.

Assad took Allepo back.

Even if you leftist fuckers don't like it Assad was stability.

And stability is that one thing what this region needs it; also helps Europe if we can send these sandnegers back to their countries.

Assad will soon find himself to be a nominal leader of a territory that essentially devoid of state power outside Damascus, controlled by autonomous generals and SAA-aligned warlords he has no real control over.

This coalition is held together simply by nationalism and anti-Wahhabism. If for whatever reason a handful of generals grow tired of Assad, they could easily overthrow him and install one of their own.

The Kurds will remain entirely autonomous for the foreseeable future, because the commune of Rojava is better-defended than any other part of the country.

We Warlord Era China nao

t. Armchair analyst

In reality Assad just fucking took Aleppo and orders tens of thousands of soldiers around daily.

All proven cases of warcrimes and ethnic cleansing by YPG soldiers have been punished by the PYD.

> - Why the fuck Assad send troops to shoot protesters? For fuck's sake, police would be more than enough.
At first it was police only, but they grew so large that the military was called in to help, there just weren't enough police to guard the many demonstrations going on at the same time.
He didn't order anyone to shoot protesters, there were terrorists imbedded in the protests who shot cops, killed dozens of them in the first weeks of the protests, then some pissed off cops stupidly shot the protestors.
Cops who were proven to have committed crimes were prosecuted and convicted.

> - Why didn't he tried to calm protesters by more peaceful methods?
It spiraled out of control, thousands of weapons had been smuggled and stashed just for this moment. The rebels made use of them.

> - Why didn't he tried to unite with secular parts of FSA against ISIS?
> and many more.
Because the FSA, like many other retards were chanting "Assad must go" evert step of the way.

> It all looks like Assad's and Ba'ath authority are not very great.
Perhaps, he's got Iranian muscle though.

> To the girl who shared the siege with me:
> I love you.
> December 15th, 2016

Discuss.

Did they fug?

Didn't even get her name, what a dumbcunt

Trump won't invade Syria. He'll just the Obama policy of drone swarms paired with occasional heavy payload bombing.

Why the fuck did turkey even enter the war? Just to kill k*rds?

>Iraq
>Getting their shit together

it's a bit late to think about that m8, don't you think?