Was it hard? I can't wait to leave my country

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titre_de_séjour_en_France
bbc.com/news/science-environment-36888541
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Any immigrants here on Sup Forums?
Yes.
>Would you mind sharing your story?
Nothing too big. Got a job in Sydney so I hopped on a plane over.
>Was it hard?
New Zealand is virtually the fucking same.
> I can't wait to leave my country
Why?

Nice! You're lucky!

>Why?
I don't like it here. It sucks.

>I don't like it here. It sucks.
Do you live in favela? Explain m8.

No, I don't live in a favela. But I don't live in a good neighborhood either.
I guess I don't really hate my country, it's just that there are other countries out there that are a lot better.

Yes

Sure, if you want

Kinda

Tell us your story

Born in Czech republic, raised in Myanmar and Singapore and moved to america because a close family friend in America sponsored me and my family, so now I live in the US.

That's an interesting story.
And I guess you got lucky, that sounds like an amazing friend

Yea, pretty nice, I'm moving back to Myanmar or singapore after I get married

I came here from Peru, ask me anything if you want.

I'm getting the fuck out of Europe as soon as I can. It would be safer living in Namibia or Zimbabwe or South Africa.

This terrorism threat is no way to live.

but Finland is safe.

Came here from Haiti... on a boat.

>this hyperbole
listen to yourself mate

What's your job? How did you get it?

Go with Singapore, since it isn't a 3rd world pre-industrial theocracy.
Have you acclimatised to the old world germs? I heard they can do a number on you Peruvians.

Also, every Peruvian I've ever met has been bro-tier. You guys are cool.
The terrorists don't even know where Finland is.

It is not as bad as they say.
I am a waiter in a bar, it sucks but it is better than Peru.

How long have you been working? What are your plans for the future? Is the job market in España as bad for yuppies as they say it is?

azeris massacred wholy my family in karabakh and some russian journalist dropped me of in georgia after that very bad times

Wew

Story time.

He is trying to scare me into stayin here

What? For real?

I actually like myanmar, it isn't bad, the roads are better there than here in the US and no one goes hungry, but the oppressive government is what sets me off

Tell us more.

Is your future wife willing to go to Myanmar with you? judging by your post, you are SE asian right?

Would you be bother if I decided to live in Sweden?

I came here from Croatia.

Yea, I have a lot of houses in Myanmar and other southeast nations so finding a place isn't an issue, my gf and I already go to Myanmar every summer and every break we have alre ready chance, she loves it there.

why the fuck did you do that.

Not him, but I don't think most people mind immigrants from Latin American countries in Europe. However, as you probably don't qualify as a refugee you'd need an official work/immigration visa.

>official work/immigration visa.
I hope this isn't very hard to get *-*

qts and easter heads. 10/10 would migrate

Don't know for Sweden, but here in France it can be a bit difficult.

There are 4 kinds of residency permits.
>Temporary ones
Only if you're a student, worker employed by a French firm, self-employed with activity in France, married/live with a French citizen.
>"Competence and Talents"
Basically if you've graduated from a top University.
>Extended residency
Very rarely given, mostly for refugees, stateless people, children and spouses of French citizens, or people eligible to French citizenship.
>Retirement card
Self-explanatory.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titre_de_séjour_en_France

Having an ID card on you is mandatory in France, so if the police catches you without it, they assume you're overstaying and they usually expel.

Basically impossible.
Fucking hell, I guess I'm stuck here in this shithole
Someone please save me

I don't know the specifics of this topic, but I believe it's about first generation immigrants and not your great (great) grandfathers, Melchor Felipe Ivan Tomich de Valdivia

shake your bunda and be happy

1.Yes
2. nothing too big my uncle who lived in Canada for like 7 years sponsored us and we got here
3.took goddam 2 years thats for sure
4.good luck lad, you just need patience

yes

not much to tell

no real reason

I'm going to kill myself.

>took goddam 2 years thats for sure
Why tho?

I can just marry a french

Tienes que volver.

But how are you going to meet a french person if you don't live there?
I definitely want to start a relationship with the natives, but it's hard to develop a connection if you live so far away.

>Any Immigrants here?
Yeah
Legally immigrated from Ukraine
>Was it hard
Kind of. Lots and lots of paperwork.

The plan "marry a French to stay" is not really good either, as the Judiciary Police has a brigade especially dealing with "Marriage blancs", ie people trying to obtain French residency/citizenship through marriage without a real relation, or worse, if said marriage was paid.

Take note that in these cases, it's usually the migrant that is protected.
I'm sorry for you Brazilians, it's a bit unfair that nice people like you can't go but we have so many shitty "illegal" migrants from other countries. You can always try to get a job as a Portuguese teacher.

>Any immigrants here on Sup Forums?
Yes
Families from Iran, its shit, left when I was too young to remember. Came to UK and later emigrated to the US
>Was it hard? I can't wait to leave my country
By this point yeah, the Iranian government was becoming increasingly batshit and my dad had to jump through a lot of hoops to get us out of the country. I guess it was worth it.

>Portuguese teacher.
I hate the language
ffs

>Kind of. Lots and lots of paperwork.
reeeeeee

I'm not an immigrant myself but my parents moved to Canada from Ireland shortly before I was born, and my wife is immigrating here from Colombia.

Immigration is a long, tedious process, especially from countries that Canada requires a visa just to enter from. It is doable. Your best bet is marrying a Canadian or if you're highly skilled and educated Canada looks very favourably on that. Beware though that your qualifications would likely not be recognised here. There are a lot of MDs and PhDs driving taxis and other menial work.

>Pole (or am I?)
>currently 22
>moved to the UK at age 11 with parents
>didn't speak English at all
>end up in a school in class that was 50% polish
>spent first 5 years not speaking English at all, shit grades
>missed opportunity to develop local accent
>only learnt English as I moved to a class with no poles
>somehow recovered, about to graduate University
>life's perfect

>Was it hard?
I don't know. It feels different. I walk on the street and I find it perfectly normal that I speak polish with friends and no one around understands us. At the same time, each time I visit Poland I feel weird, as if I was the foreigner. The fact that everyone around me speaks polish scares me a bit. Tbh I can easily imagine living anywhere in the world but Poland. I honestly felt more like at home when I was visiting Japan or Taiwan rather than Poland.

>What I actually find hard
My national identity. I spent half of my life in this country, and I probably will remind here, but definitely won't go back to Poland. But who am I? On passport I'm Polish, but I don't feel anything towards that country. Again, my stupid mixture of polish-northern irish accent makes it hard to blend in in the UK.

>my wife is immigrating here from Colombia
How did you meet her?

Can you go back?

>Your best bet is marrying a Canadian
But I'm a filthy autist, I'll be forever virgin

>if you're highly skilled and educated
fucking hell

>There are a lot of MDs and PhDs driving taxis and other menial work.
Absolutely wonderful. Might as well blow my brains out

>life's perfect
You lucky motherfucker.

Curious, I'm almost done with finishing my education here in the usa, was going to return to mexico but never thought about going to europe.

Was afraid that I would get beat up by europeans because Im brown or get beat up by arabs for eating pork/drinking/having a good time.

Muslims vs. Sudacas, which one do you prefer?

>get beat up by arabs for eating pork/drinking/having a good time.
Memes.

>get beat up by europeans because Im brown
Also memes.

I wouldn't even care if i got beaten up
still better than living here

Not after the past terrorist attacks and the future ones. Each side is hunkering down with their retarded views.

>europe
>immigrating would be hard

fucking kek'd

sign up for some bullshit uni program, get some bullshit job afterwards, if not enough $$ apply for some bullshit social plan whatever free money from the gov

that's literally it
check with the millions of others doing it, it's fucking easy, and they are waaay less likely to kick you out than, say, in US

She came to Canada on a student visa. We went to university together.

>sign up for some bullshit uni program, get some bullshit job afterwards, if not enough $$ apply for some bullshit social plan whatever free money from the gov

But is this legal?

Came from Bangladesh with parents when I was 7

Assimilated quickly because I went to an English speaking school

Planning to move out of this shit state after college. Lucky that my accent isn't too heavy

hells yes, how do you think most people get in here; I mean sure I make it sound awful, but a lot of (educated) immigrants end up staying because of their jobs and friends they make etc etc

I mean why would applying for university be illegal? they are actually very helpful in that, the whole process, getting you settled in and so on

note that you would need to have some money to live on during your education,which might not be a small amount for some, and then make sure to get a job

HOWEVER

they let you stay here (in the netherdutchies) for _an entire year_
depending on your field, you might or not need that ( I didn't because muh education and muh job offers during education)

as a reference:
education cost was negligible, like 1500 euro/year
housing was awful but you can get away cheaper, but you should budget for like 350-500 euros/month if you're a student
living expenses vary a lot, but cheapo lifestyle would put you at like 250-300/month but like I said, depends a lot on you

Hey Lucksic give me some money

I came all the way from Germany

Ama

Are Dutch people over 6'1''?

>housing was awful but you can get away cheaper, but you should budget for like 350-500 euros/month if you're a student
living expenses vary a lot, but cheapo lifestyle would put you at like 250-300/month but like I said, depends a lot on you

so... 600 euros a month? Shit!

tl;dr:
if you're smart, save up to roughly 10k and you have a good chance to emmigrate to yuroop

protip:
go to a less vocal country that's less likely to be blown up, which has a high standard of living (netherlands, norway, finland, maaaybe Austria/Switzerland)
it'll cost you more initially but much more worth it in the long run

yes
it's fucking awful and one of my top 5 disadvantages of life here

Fucking kill yourself already, you disgusting self-hating piece of shit
Have you ever considered that, maybe, you're so unsatisfied about your life here because you're are a fat useless unqualified NEET? No country will ever accept you like that and even I wish Brazil could revoke your citizenship and get rid of parasites like you.

>once a year a takbir kills 10 or so people for god
>3 or 4 times another takbir kills 1-2 people because he's a monkey
>I HAVE TO GET OUT, IT'S NOT SAFE

What? That's not much at all

How tall are you?
What do they eat to be that high?

Most of them are. But don't fall for the le all dutch people are tall meme. There are also quite a lot of manlets running around.

>save up to roughly 10k
Pic related

>finland
YES! Finland is my favorite country.

It absolutely is

sudacas>>>>>>>>>>muslims

>But don't fall for the le all dutch people are tall meme
But Dutch people are the tallest people of the world
bbc.com/news/science-environment-36888541

>Dutch men
Fixed

do note that a lot of people that try to move to the nordic countries end up legitimately hating it due to the weather and constant darkness; if you're serious about this (I get the feeling it's a bit of an impulse thing atm) you should read into it a bit, talk to some people what living there is actually like

heck, lots of people from spain and such hate the weather here for real and I know quite a few people that moved back because the culture is quite different; this might sound like "eeeh I'll adapt" but it really is quite different after a while

and yes, emigrating legally and without leeching off of a country costs money, and it is made somewhat easy because
1. you spend your money there
2. highly educated -> better paid -> more money -> more money spent in that country

so at the end of the day, as much as everyone likes to bitch about herpa derpa immigrants, it is in a country's interest to attract intelligent people from outside; the country then doesn't have to bother raising them ($$) from scratch

not gonna disclose my manlet-ness! shamefur dispray
have no fucking clue why dutch people are so fucking tall, but I'm sure some Pure Race™ will tell us all about it

Why is this a problem, anyway? Are they going to turn you down because of that?

I never really notice it. Maybe because I'm 6'3 myself.
But like I said, there are also a lot of short people here (

>get some bullshit job afterwards
That's the hard part
>they are actually very helpful in that, the whole process, getting you settled in and so on
If you get accepted.

come here, it's the safest place on the planet.
No natural disasters
No terrorist attacks
and no truck killstreak

>weather and constant darkness
I love the cold, and the darkness. Give it to me.

Made me a bit jelly desu

>If you get accepted.
What are somethings that may make you less likely to be accepted?

But the cost of life is probably H U G E.

Is the Dutch grammar easy?

well yea, all of this is assuming you are not some scum that's come to leech off of the economy and that you actually have something to offer in exchange for all dem sweet benefits

you're not some low-life uneducated scum, right user?

>What are somethings that may make you less likely to be accepted?
shit grades
shit previous uni
complete lack of extracurricular activities (these can make up for below-average grades)

other factors:
intake interview result
intake exam result
motivational letter (or what's it called again?)
general impression - how interested are you in the topic, why do you wanna go there, the usual

>dutch
kek
I know people who've been here for 5+ years, some have families, they speak almost 0 dutch (which I hate and I think is despicable)
it's not that difficult really, just sounds awful the first year you hear it

nigga I'm typing my ass off here, you'd better fucking apply and do your own research afterwards I swear to god
I'm afraid to ask how old you are and what it is that you want to do in the future

Hey, nice thread OP.

I have a question to all of you, kind of related to the topic, but not exactly about immigration

Can you tell me what's your month budget as a student in your uni city or whatever?
How much you generally need to get by in your local city?
I mean, compared to the cost of living of other cities in your country and so on

I'm asking this because traveling to a place under a tourist perspective is totally different than living in a "normal" city as a student when it comes to your budget, so even if we're talk about the same country there's always a huge gap between the budgets and all of those issues

Thanks for your time pals

nah it's cheaper than the EU.
Even if it was considered expensive, the pay is high

South Germany:
400€ rent + 350€ parents + 200€ student job
Quite comfy life

Not an immigrant but considering moving to Austria when I'm done with college. Seems like it has a better long term future than many other euro cunts, I love the language, the climate is fantastic, it has a great history and I love the architecture.

How likely would an Austrian company be to accept a recent American cs grad and give him a work visa?

>recent American cs grad
I think you need working exp otherwise I will be difficult

>you're not some low-life uneducated scum, right user?
Kinda

>complete lack of extracurricular activities
what are those?

>I'm afraid to ask how old you are and what it is that you want to do in the future
Not him, but I'm almost 21. I'd like to be a chemist and work on a laboratory.

>Can you tell me what's your month budget as a student in your uni city or whatever?
I'm stiil trying to get my life back on tracks.
I'll do my best to get in the UFMG, which is free and quite good.

>How much you generally need to get by in your local city?
I'm not really sure, bro. I live with my mom *-*
She makes ~2k USD monthly.

You're vising from where exactly?

Came from Russia when I was 7.
So I didn't really do anything for that. Not sure if it was hard. Probably it wasn't.

>love the language
which language specifically?

I wish I could move to America

well it's Austria

so German

Let me take your place

Austro-Bavarian obviously

well that's my point. they don't really speak german there

But then I'd have to live in Brazil.

Fuck off you knew what I meant

pls do, nothing more terrible than a foreigner speaking bavarian/ austrian dialect

Currently I'm back living with parents for the final year of uni so I don't pay nor earn anything. Last year I was living on my own while doing a year of work placement.
I was paying £350 of rent for apartment, £40 for gas and electricity, and £20 for the internet. On top of that, maybe £100-150 for food each month.
As I was earning £1050 a month, each month I was putting about £500 into my saving account. But yea I wasn't parting or spending money on any unnecessary shit.

The rent super cheap especially considering that I was living completely on my own, but it wasn't in a major city and was super small. I guess in England I would have to pay few times that amount for a single room alone.