What are your thoughts on "Clash of Civilizations"?

What are your thoughts on "Clash of Civilizations"?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-38385961
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anglocentric

Fuck Arabs and Turks

our philosophy book in high school used an extracted text from it as an argument that Globalization is an European excuse for colonizing others

Poles are closer to Ukrainians than to Germans

No such thing as "Latin American civilization"...

>Kazakhs Orthodox
>Azerbaijan-Turkey Islamic

100000000000000000000000000000000000x facepalm

how is it any anglo centric at all?

Anglo made it, otherwise UK would be green.

>japanese

?

it's probably due to the fact even though bulk of Japanese culture was derived from China later on Japan took completely different path from China(Edo period when Japan strongly protected it's independence, at the same time Western powers competed over influence in rotting Qing China, Meiji period when Japan underwent rapid industrialization and partial westernization again opposed to China which was still rotting) and continues to challenge China's domination over East Asia to this very day.

>india
>islamic/hindu

>israel
>islamic

looks like modi and netanyahu have to stab some motherfuckers

>t. indo-israeli diaspora

Only includes Anglo colonies in the western world.

As I view it, only western Europe should be called western.

But if you are going to include culturally European new works colonies, Latinamerican countries (among others) should be western too.

New world*

xDDDDD

You know nothing about Polish history.

Also, Africa Begins at the Pyrenees

Islam is like the ever growing cancer cell in your body

The guy who wrote it was so autistic he didn't understand that Islamic world and China are almost certain to be enemies in the future.

Italy didn't even exist when Poland was a part of Western and Catholic civilization.

Poland is older than majority of Western countries, just because Cold War and Red Curtain happened doesn't make it Eastern.

Fuck you.

This. We were rulers and stuff

DAS RITE

I don't see most of those clashing. Right now the big clash is with Islam having growing pains due to terrorism. Personally I am not clashing with Latinos, China India, Japan, Russia, Africa or nobody else. Not even clashing with most Muslims. Just tiny 1% of them.

No. We were. We were kings before Poland was a thing

Wrong!

Unless Chorwacja exists since 630AD

'no'

Mere legends

>Just tiny 1% of them.

no, Teutonic source, actually

extra, extra
terrorist is still on the lose
police release suspect
bbc.com/news/world-europe-38385961

>Italy didn't even exist when Poland was a part of Western and Catholic civilization.
It didn't exist as a political entity, but we still created the Western civilization together with the Greeks. Everything that is Slavic is automatically Eastern instead

>It didn't exist as a political entity, but we still created the Western civilization together with the Greeks
>we

>Everything that is Slavic is automatically Eastern instead
Oh the irony. Eastern Slavshit subhumans more civilized than the most western country in Europe: France.

Stop this bullshit Luigi. We're not Eastern.

POO

>not posting the original version

No one denies we speak the Slavic language.

However linugistic group doesn't equal fucking culture, you moron.

but I don't identify with latin american "civilization".
I would never fight for latino culture.

I'm not even trying to meme.

I know I know, calm down Szymon

>Poland is older than majority of Western countries, just because Cold War and Red Curtain happened doesn't make it Eastern.

I don't know what you're talking about, I don't really want to google or learn right now because I'm tired as fuck.
but I thought you were slavic, and if czech republic, a pretty much western yet slavic country, is eatern, all slavs are eastern european.

would you mind expanding on your argument pls?

by your logic mexico and argentina are southern european

dude but why would mexicans be southern european though?
they've got their own thing going on and have little to nothing to do with europe.

>western
>adds australia and new zealand
they are in the east you fucking retard

western is a cultural term.
why is europe "western" if the americas is to the west and not europe?

>Africatoogal

This

and why no other source confirms it?

meme. nations with same civilization groups hate each other more than nations with different civilization groups. read a history book redditfag.

it's because I think these countries are and were always much more involved in European matters and Latin America kind of became it's own thing

Latin America was and is more involved with the latin part of Europe, which is not mainstream Europe. Maybe that is why the anglo perspective; been that of a Europe made up of Germany, Ingland and a little bit of France; views latin america as a region with no ties with Europe.

we are just poor westerners

this

>Philippines are western
>Papua New Guinea Western
>Kazakhstan is orthodox despite being muslim majority
>Musilm super group somehow has Morocco and Indonesia as being a part of the same civ
>Buddhist civ somehow has Mongolia and Thailand as part of the same civ
>Korea and Vietnam are sinic but Japan is special snowflake
>The map is extremely vague and full of generalizations but becomes extremely detailed in the Guayanas for some reason

1/10, Latin America being its own civ is debatable but what I listed is simply retarded.

>poland
>west

you aren't culturally or genetically western dumb bean.

What reddit about what he posted? It's pure Sup Forums and /his/ material/

you're a bit delusional. italy was one of the places that kickstarted the european re-learning (the smaller rens before the big, well-known one too) while poland was peripheral to all this endeavor

you should stop sucking so much western dick

all the OP map doesn't exactly represent Huntington's views. some places are subsumed under the wrong 'civilization'. of course he still was wrong, look at Russia vs Georgia and Ukraine or the Orthodox Balkan looking towards the EU

>Also, Africa Begins at the Pyrenees

You know that quote wasn't meant to be a negative thing.

latin americans are indians, americans europeans.

>However linugistic group doesn't equal fucking culture, you moron.

nor does it imply shared genetics or relations might I add.

Italy didn't exist back then at all.

The state didn't but Italian people did.

I meant the geographical entity. a concept of Italy existed back then too btw, just not a unified state

Of course, Mr. 64%

60% better than 0%, indio.

Pretty much this.

t. Jamal González Zhang, the 1/16th Cherokee.

elaborate

You are probably a chicano. Otherwise, you wouldn't be this butthurt about latin america. lmao

italy should be africa

>Genetically western.
You might have some kind of genetic disorder.

You might be retarded if you think latin americans are Europeans culturally or in any way, indio de mierda.

Lmao, confirmed.

Anglo should be it's own category for the Anglos

Why is it always your flag behind these illiterate posts man.

Africa now begins at Lorraine you dumbfuck. And it includes the swedish european exclave.

why are anglos outside europe western?
I'd say we're pretty western to be honest

*only anglos

Because we're cool

>argies ITT desperately trying to be accepted by their bulls as one of them

never gets old, this is why mexico and brazil lead this hellhole

you live in a shithole and I don't.
you're just gonna have to live with it.

Ayo don't talk to my boy like that. Mexico is more western than Argentina will ever be.

You sound butthurt my friend ;)