Mundanity of the world we live today

Work, work, come home, and go home. There is a job of dream, a bed at work

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4046308/amp/Britain-gives-5-million-Ethiopian-Spice-Girls-new-talk-4-million-ve-handed-them.html
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349506/Left-wing-bias-Its-written-BBCs-DNA-says-Peter-Sissons.html
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/20/bbc-journo-accuses-bloggers-making-defamatory-statements-caught-spreading-fake-news/
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/18/fake-news-bbc-reports-cheapest-ever-xmas-3-days-later-claims-brexit-increasing-xmas-prices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oops. shit..

>Of the world we live in today
>TODAY

Do you think it was different at another point in time?

Need I remind you how people lived a mere 150+ years ago?

What do you think Feudal times were like? Lmfao, no neet bucks 100 years ago buddy

In fact, which timeperiod are you so nostalgic about?

At what point in history did people work less, or have higher quality of lives?

What's modern medicine?

What's technology and the age of information?

What's more things getting produced than people can use resulting in food and products getting thrown away because they cant sell them even at retarded low prices because everyobe has more than enough?

it was a mistake.

Your neet ass would've rather been a peasant farmer working until 40, at which point the easily preventable illness would kill him?

Yeah I miss those days too. But what's stopping you?

Go travel to Cambodia and live as a rice farmer.

The society of the early 20th was pretty good.
20-30 years ago was pretty good too.

brutal

There are a lot of misconceptions about the quality of life in medieval times.
He could have been a craftsman and done something lazy like make spoons.
Peasants did not have a terrible life usually, they had lots of mandatory holidays where the church put on celebrations, they-especially after the black death- were very opposed to "drudgery".
Reaping isn't very hard, you have oxen and horses to help you plough the fields to sow them.
The most effort is in picking up the wheat and tying it into sheafs or in fields where you need to pick things like strawberries.
Of course quality of life because of expansion of trade and increasing population as well as industry meant that quality of life gradually got better over time with them going from wattle and daub to wood and brick houses etc.
Point is it wasnt so horrendous, the biggest change up until the tractor was artificial fertiliser

Right now is a lot better.

I like the fact that I can google anything and read the Wikipedia article on it FOR FREE.

Or that the hardest choice to make is what kind of pizza I want to order on the automated website, when a single paycheck can afford me enough food for half a year easily.

I wonder what other time period had this.

"20-30 years ago" is quite recent, hardly a time people lived much differently too.

The tradesmen guilds and society of orders would probably have helped him actually move forwards in life by doing whatever his father did

Right now is better in terms of material comfort for the lower classes yes.
But societal issues are important too, maybe in previous one he wouldn't be a lonely Neet, unless he joined a monastery,

the medieval farmers life was pretty lax desu, at least compared to the amount of work people do now

It's pretty easy to not be a neet...

Losing virginity is a cinch too. Tinder and dating sites exist for this reason. Plus women are all whores it's so easy to have regular sex.

idk senpai id say now is pretty fucking swell. Can't complain

Honestly when I think about all the shit I enjoy everyday that didn't exist 20, hell in any capacity 100+ years ago, even the idea of something like it would have been like talking about UFOs and Aliens.

Thanks OP. Feels good man.

Yeah , i just don't like it when i am constantly being told to "celebrate diversity" as yet another lorry crashes into a crowd .
Its all soviet style propaganda bullshit, literally.
Doublethink, official lines and sanctions and even fucking prison for not following it, before it was counterrevolutionary, now it is "hate" or "fake news", democracy is important until it is "the rise of facism" as people dare to toe a different line to official media.

Then you have lesbian feminists wanting to kill men and make everything "equal" and prevent "toxic mascuiity".

Meanwhile we live in shit ahistorical concrete cities with sky high taxes to pay for more brown people to put into more concrete cities.

Its all just so tiring, all this bullshit, can you really blame me for wanting to live 120 years ago?
I don't care too much for electronics, nearly all of my hobbies were around then, I do things which were around then, would have-for my class- had a higher standard of living then.
Sure i would miss cinema and computer games but thats not all there is to life.

google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4046308/amp/Britain-gives-5-million-Ethiopian-Spice-Girls-new-talk-4-million-ve-handed-them.html

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349506/Left-wing-bias-Its-written-BBCs-DNA-says-Peter-Sissons.html

breitbart.com/london/2016/12/20/bbc-journo-accuses-bloggers-making-defamatory-statements-caught-spreading-fake-news/

breitbart.com/london/2016/12/18/fake-news-bbc-reports-cheapest-ever-xmas-3-days-later-claims-brexit-increasing-xmas-prices/

>"the rise of facism"

Why is Fascism even bad?

I've never understood, seems pretty good to me. Do they actually have any real reasons for it or is it just buzzwords?

All of news is buzzwords now.

soon...

I see myself more as a victorian liberal.
But i would take that.

I have no point of reference to 150 years ago.
I have never felt hunger etc. so my problems seem very big to me.

the average euro peasant worked about 1/3 of the year, cultural festivals and socializing were central to pre-industrial life for almost all people

also, the life expectancy was so low because child mortality was so high, thus dragging down the overall average age of death. if you live to adulthood, you'll probably be ok until 70ish

not to say they didn't struggle nonetheless, nor that modern medicine has eliminated a lot of suffering

For me, when I think to myself how my life could have been if I was brought up in a different time period, I think about how fulfilling it could have been. I've grown up in a time where the world is at my fingertips and I have the relative freedom to become just about anything I desire if I'm driven enough. I get to explore and use new tech, live in far greater comfort than many average peoples of the past. However, when I contemplate being born in the past and how I feel that it may have been better I do so because I have no purpose in this life. I lack faith in any religion, I see no point in nationalism, and I don't hold strong ideological principles for the future. My mind is existentially nihilistic and I'm prone to hedonism. My knowledge and upbringing leaves me devoid of purpose because I feel that it doesn't matter what I do because I'll end up dead like the everything else. But if I grew up in the past I could have found purpose because my view of the universe would not have been so broad. I could have believed in finding immortality or fighting for the gods. Yet I am here and must exist with this knowledge and lack of purpose.

i for one am greatful to be able to work and have warm bed and Sup Forums and /his/

This.

>TFW live in a time period where we have access to all the information of all time at our fingertips, the ability to get richer than an entire town would have been in the past and in a Western country free of disease and war