Learn a new language

Learn a new language.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qKyKNhIbCvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I already speak the only 2 relevant ones.

I wanted to learn japanese, but that image kind of demotivates me.

Should I pick up French or Spanish? Which is easier?

Don't do it. It's agonizingly difficult, there's not really as much payoff as Chinese, and it is COMPLETELY unlike English. Plus, people will call you a weeb.

t. Took 3 years of Japanese

What do you use Japanese for?
Watching animu without subtitles?

what about german

> what about german
> that flag

Shame I do want to know japanese, but I don't know if I'm willing to put this much work into it. Maybe I should learn russian instead..

yes and since that's the only thing I do I figured it might be worth it.

I can get hired at Japanese companies or work for American companies in Japan if I want to. I sure as hell didn't go through it just so I could watch anime without subs.

I'm learning italiano

yeah that means im not a shitty diaspora no

If you're going to work in Japan, then go for it. Otherwise, it won't be worth it. Russian might be better (I don't really know how popular Russian is in Central/Eastern Europe for business use).

>since watching anime is the only thing I do

no wonder Melania didn't want your men

Self-bumping for an answer

Chuis en train d'apprendre la langue de molière, mon chum.

I think they're equally hard/easy

The languages should be equally hard, though in the case of Spanish it would be easier for you to actually get to know and meet native speakers for face-to-face practice.

Spanish. Only Africans speak French. Plus you can find a practice partner easily.

I'm not planning to move anywhere and will most likely kms soon (I hope) so the only reason for learning a new language would be just to have something to do.

learning korean right now

afterwards gonna learn japanese

I compliment you for your laziness.
It's a very latin thing to do.

it's already in your head, you just have to use it
capisci?

I find French to be a far more beautiful and intriguing language, but lettuce b real here spanish is FAR more useful in the United States

Unless of course you want to move to Quebec/Canada. Knowing french can give you like 25+ points in their points immigration system

It depends what your native language it desu. If you are Anglo, Nederlander, Nordic or East European, it's actually relatively easy to learn German.

Everyone already knows that, he was obviously asking for himself.

>arabic and chinese are harddd xddd

Lol no. Try Amazon languages with 30 grammatical genders, South African tribal languages with 40 click sounds or Caucasian languages with 1,5 million cases. Now that's hardmode.

Norsk er mye, mye enklere å forstå enn ...Svensk
Idiotsprak

I speak three languages, english spanish and french, currently learning german and norwegian. I know a handful of sentences and words in arabic, hebrew, portuguese, russian,italian, japanese and chinese

> I know how to say "I am eating an apple" in a foreign language
> hehehe I know how to speak it

he said he knew a handful of sentences you prick

so? he's still a """polyglot""" faggot

I think someone's triggered they're monolingual

t.monolingual moron

My linguistics professor said that in German, you can use tone changes to change the meaning of a sentence (like in Chinese), but in English you can't.
But then he said we should ask native English speakers if it's true that you can't in English.

So can you???

>learn a non-english language so that you can speak with niggers
or you can learn a programming language and get a job

no

> t. "I can say hello in 15 languages" liberal

>bringing politics into this for no reason
what the fuck are you doing nigger?

>My linguistics professor said that in German, you can use tone changes to change the meaning of a sentence (like in Chinese)
this is simply false

While it's true that you can use tonality to turn a given phrase into an interrogative clause for example, it's still quite different from actual tonal languages such as Mandarin. In those languages, it's not just "create interrogation or irony with tonality", the tone actually COMPLETELY changes the word to an entirely new definition, regardless of whether it's an interrogative sentence, a declarative sentence, etc.

I fucked a japanese girl once, knowing some japanese did help.

for

how do you say hon hon hon in japanese ?

How do you guys motivate/discipline yourselves?

Whenever I'm on vacation and I have nothing else to do, I can easily invest several hours per day into language learning. But as soon as I have something else (uni or job, mostly), then I completely lose my motivation. Whenever I have a day off, I can't be assed to do anything like that, I just want to relax and do essentially nothing. I feel like I'll never be able to learn a language at this rate (though obviously this problem goes far beyond mere language learning, and affects many other things in my life).

I'll have you know I can say "hello" in 16 languages, not 15

I want to learn something Asian, but I can never make up my mind. It has to be useful too, like i would travel or live there eventually.
China seems like a shithole even worse than America. The entireity of South East Asia, and everything west of China is bad too. So either South Korea or Japan. I think Korean would be easier to learn because they have something resembling an alphabet, whereas Japanese is just learning 5000 symbols by heart

>China seems like a shithole even worse than America.
China is still a relative shithole but it's not NEARLY as bad as Latin America.

I'd tend to compare it more to a place like Morocco; relatively safe, rich enough to have a few decent-looking cities and tourist traps, acceptable quality of life for most people, but still pretty much an impoverished regressive shithole for most of the population.

You need to be an absolute madman to learn Polish as a secondary language.

>written korean also relies on many chinese characters
shit map made by a retard who thinks his smart.

my high school had a polish school section and you could take your classes in polish kek i signed up and got kicked out after a week because i knew nothing

actually there are more Russian speakers if consider post soviet states

>japanese
>hard

hmmmmm

>memorizing thousands of characters
>easy

not to mention the bullying from other people

Duolingo has a "streak" thing
1 day streak, 2 day streak, 3 day streak ... 300 day streak

the Duolingo mascot, an cute owl, will also cry if you do not maintain your streak

bon goy

But you need to know tens of thousands of words to be proficient in English. What's the difference? Japanese has actually less words to memorize than English.

>a chart written from the perspective of a westerner

600 class hours my ass, i took 5 years of spanish, study it outside of class, and even lived in spain and i still suck balls

Ich lerne Deutsch :D Ich esse einen Apfel

Someone have a conversation with me! I'll start :DD

Der Führer wird seinen Weg bis zu Ende gehen, und dort wartet auf ihn nicht der Untergang seines Volkes, sondern ein neuer glücklicher Anfang zu einer Blütezeit des Deutschtums. Was denkt ihr?

Well personally I listen to music a lot so I found some catchy songs in my target language, studied all the lyrics and then listen to the song. I have no motivation to study one day I will at least listen to some songs to keep me thinking in the language. Then another basic thing if I don't want to study is looking at the generals on Sup Forums and translating a couple posts while I'm on here anyway.

But you sorta entertained the thought at least once didn't you, we are all friends here, don't worry we wont tell.

Spanish will let you understand and eventually learn portuguese and italian, and you'll be able to practice it quite often in the US.

>American learning German
>immediately brings up Hitler
you're making me look bad

Why did you capitalized apfel? Srs question

it's a waste of time. everybody already speaks english

>csq je ne crois pas que je serai jamais courant à la langue que j'adore

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE COMMENT AMÉLIORE-T-ON LEUR COMPRÉHENSION (C'EST-À-DIRE, ÉCOUTANT ET COMPRENANT) ET APPRENDRE DES NOUVEAUX MOTS?!

No but really, don't lose your motivation guys, you can do it!

don't earn another language, you're not motivated because it makes no sense, you already know english.

Sometimes I sort of wish americans would trip so I could filter the retarded ones.

All Nouns are capitalized in German

English fluent
Español getting there
Deutsch pretty rusty
pyccкий a few sayings but good with Cyrillic

I want to play with Chinese after I can watch El Señor de los Cielos without subtitles or effort.

if you already speak english just study a programming language

learning some shitty language like french will not improve your life in any way

Oh. For what purpose?

>russian
>medium
I no think that true

what if I want to fuck a qt french girl?

So you can tell they're nouns. In german you can make any adjective or verb into a noun, so it's useful for that I suppose.

Manolo por Dios, hay placer en las letras.

Makes absolute sense. Thanks for answering.

Are you Asian? If not, good luck.

just watched this show on youtube. you know anywhere i can watch it uncensored?

You're welcome, el TexANO

Got Netflix?

I'm on a ~260 day streak and my tree is solid gold. Duolingo is nice but not aggressive enough once you've reached a certain point. The next step is Lingvist. It is indecently challenging but it will get you across the perilous intermediate gap.

Wtf why would you say something so rude to me, I was just asking a question and made an extra effort to be polite and thankful for taking the time to respond to my post. Fuck man.

japanese alphabet may be hard but the language itself is very structured and logical. pretty easy desu

>Wtf why would you say something so rude to me, I was just asking a question and made an extra effort to be polite and thankful for taking the time to respond to my post. Fuck man.
But that's why I said "You're welcome".
Sorry if I offended you.

>there's not really as much payoff as Chinese
>working in chinese restaurants is better than japanese restaurants

Chinese is the biggest fucking meme.

Learn Russian. It's the new best language.

youtube.com/watch?v=qKyKNhIbCvg

Yeah, it's literally written that in the first phrases

I don't know how different this is from languages written in charachters, but I'd think alphabetical languages are easier because even if you don't know what a word means you know how to say it just by looking at it and sounding it out. From there it's easier to try to find out what it means because at least the word has a name. Plus many words are built on laguage roots, so you can infer a rough idea of a word you don't know the meaning just by seeing it and comparing it to your prior knowledge.

This is opposed to seeing a character you don't know and it being just a picture which conveys no meaning at all until you memorize the meaning behind it.

ははは

afrikaans interests me. i am semi fluent in spanish and japanese and am learning french. anyone have experience with the language?

Forgive my autism, but is it an entirely different thing when you change the tone for sarcasm?

Japanese is much easier than you might think. The sentence structures are so easy that it makes up for the literally thousands of characters

>being able to speak our language is an admired thing on Sup Forums
feels good man

殺死我吧

It's like this. There are 4 tones

Sound: qi
Qi with first tone: air
Qi with second tone: to rise
Qi with fourth tone: to be angry

Different tones literally is different words

about 4 years ago there was a group on Sup Forums learning afrikaans together as a language to use on the board. it was a pretty big thing at the time. i stopped using Sup Forums for a couple years so i have no idea what happened to them

I already know retarded Deutsch bite, I'll probably get my A2 certificate in June.
I fucked up when signing on to my public school's German course and now I have to pick another language, preferably an Asian one.
Which one should I pick you Negers? I'm interested in tech development, research and software implementation.

DIE ENGLÄNDER BEHAUPTEN

Is there a language where tones change grammatical meaning beyond just turning something into a question?

Like as a random example:

Donfu - to walk
Donfù - walked
Donfû - walking
Donfú - will walk

Retard low iq Amerifat reporting in, I've tried learning Finnish, Spanish, German, and French, I got the furthest in French, and then in German, German intimidated me later on though, and Finnish was the most fun. French is pretty fun too and has a lot of English esque words without sounding retarded like Norsk.