What pastries will your family be baking on Christmas, Sup Forums?

What pastries will your family be baking on Christmas, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GosfjBfvS5M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chocolate chip cookies
>Cinnamon rolls
>shortbread cookies
>snickerdoodles
>impossible pie
>butter tarts
>gingerbread men
>macaroons

My wife really likes to bake. I'm probably forgetting a few things

>impossible pie
What is that?

No pastries but i'll be making bread, my mother sablés and my grandmother macarons

shitty traditional ones like pic related

>>butter tarts
I want to try this. Is there a good recipie?

nothing, they said
this year the women of the house are going to exclusively use the oven for the meant and turkey. every pastry will be bought if there's any

Uhh

what country is this?

>meant
meat*

btw in what other countries they eat "pan dulce"? (panettone)

Well in italy they do

Mordovia

where else? also don't they prefer pandoro?

It's a coconut based pie. The story is that oldwives would tell people it was called that because it's impossible to make (this would keep people from recipe stealing) but in reality it's called that because it's impossibly good.
My wife has an old recipe book published by her grandmother's church. Impossible pie recipe was her grandmother's contribution to it .

She uses the above mentioned old church cookbook, but it's a popular Canadian pastry and there are likely lots of recipes online, just pick one that sounds good to you.

Have a few kilos of gingerbread dough in the fridge, had them for around 2-3 months now so will make a lot of gingerbread cookies.

Also variants of saffron buns, chocolate truffles among other things.

Depression

Eggnog and spiced rum will fix that right up.
You can probably even get godtier Cuban rum now. Although for spiced I prefer Anglo rums and Cuban for light.

I hope y'all faggots have been making eggnog all month. God tier beverage.

Shit, I haven't had eggnog in like 15 years. Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

They delicious though

We'll just get fresh bread and a cake from a bakery, I tried to talk my mother into buying the turkey cooked as well (some places give you good deals on the bird complete with sides in here) but she's too stubborn for that.

She cooks great turkey (she injects it with a condensed milk/wine mix so it will be really juicy) but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the home made mashed potatoes which also happens to be the only non sweet side she serves for christmas (even the fucking salad is sweet ffs) so not really looking forward to any sweet pastries. I'm pretty certain one way or the other there'll be fruitcake (which you're always somehow forced to try) so I'll be buying a tres leches myself just to make sure there'll be some cake I actually like.

No one in my family really eats anything sweet anymore, so probably nothing

My brother ordered 12kgs of reindeer so I'll be stuffing my face with that

Mom makes some killer Spanish flan, I do some cheese pie and my sister will make some mosaic gelatin.
Family donates desserts every year around this date to a pediatric hospital near my house because we're religious as fuck, I think I'll be doing like 20 cheese pies for them.

We shan't be baking any pastries. We shall make rum balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=GosfjBfvS5M

How do you make cinnamon buns that stay soft?

someone from ylilauta made these pastries

bejgli

Crostoli

meth

Looks good. As expected from Hungarian cuisine.