1. your cunt

>1. your cunt
>2. your opinion on this
I have this theory which I can't really back up with real science but I think it's pretty legit.

I think that we, as humans evolved to develop our own language and we can take other languages but we can never master them like natives can. An African dude will never speak as English as well as a top-tier English speaker the same way I'll never speak Japanese as well as a Jap literary genius.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

brainconnection.brainhq.com/2001/01/27/how-the-brain-learns-a-second-language/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that pic is pretty amazing

really activates my noodle

That's not a fucking theory you came up with. That's just hard fact that's been scientifically proven for ages.

Please google your "theories" before posting them. Your chances of looking like a dunce will diminish greatly.

>That's just hard fact that's been scientifically proven for ages.
I knew it! Please post the links.

Most europeans speak better English than muricans

very wrong

people usually are very lazy with learning things they don't have to but when you put your proverbial mind to it you can master any human language the human brain is built to do that

brainconnection.brainhq.com/2001/01/27/how-the-brain-learns-a-second-language/

>Studies involving sophisticated brain imaging technologies called functional magnetic resonance imaging, fMRI, have also revealed some intriguing patterns in the way our brains process first and second languages.

>They found that native and second languages are spatially separated in Broca’s area, which is a region in the frontal lobe of the brain that is responsible for the motor parts of language-movement of the mouth, tongue, and palate.

>In contrast, the two languages show very little separation in the activation of Wernicke’s area, an area of the brain in the posterior part of the temporal lobe, which is responsible for comprehension of language.

>The fMRI studies suggest that the difficulty adult learners of a second language may have is not with understanding the words of the second language, but with the motor skills of forming the words with the mouth and tongue.

hence "adult"

I think it depends on your nationality and the language you're trying to learn. For example, an American trying to learn a Romance language won't have as hard a time as say, a Russian. It also depends on the amount of effort you put into it. Again, depending on the aforementioned circumstances, I don't see why native-level fluency is out of the question.

Only in text form, because Americans are illiterate
Actually we still have accents t b h

case and point I've been sitting here trying to figure what the fuck he meant by this and I can't work it out. I'm not sure he knows what 'hence' means

He's pointing out the study focused on adult learners and not children or adolescents. Reading comprehension, do you have it?

It's wrong, that's just theory meant to satisfy monolingual retards and retards who fail at learning languages

Only thing that will be hard to master is pronunciation, because your mind is prejudiced about sounds, but even that can be mastered with enough effort

it means adults lose plasticity in the brain and language acquisition isn't as easy

the differentiation is between how adults struggle with the facial movements and not necessarily that of language learning itself

and per your op children are inclusive so the point about adults needing extra effort is moot to begin with

try harder next time

i think some sounds you just physically can't do it if you aren't trained since a young age

rolling my R's in spanish for example is absolutely impossible, i don't think my tongue can possibly do that

but no point was being argued and he himself never mentioned adults so simply pointing out the word 'adult' means nothing

Maybe it can't? I was born with a short tongue-leash or whatever it's called and couldn't roll my Rs or poke out my tongue. Had an operation and now it's no prrrrroblem

I always assumed the reason there are so many pyramids is that it's just the easiest way to build something really tall out of stone

it's more the doorways/windows/whatever in front of them that spook people

I've met white guys that came here as college students and sounds pretty native.

t. Mark Johnson

I'm not saying I'm one of them. I'm a Japanese American.

I've met some Germans and Nordics with flawless English; they unironically have a far better understanding of the language than a lot of native speakers.

Hello FF

but then why can't we speak Irish

Because it's taught poorly from a young age which makes us resent it. There's never an attempt to cultivate an interest or relate it to our badass ancient culture, it's just verb conjugation tables and textbooks about John and Mary McDougal doing fuck all.

Those pyramids were built for the Pillar Men who ruled the world before mankind took back the world

>our badass ancient culture

Ever read any Irish mythology, Bruce?
Or are you just asspained that the closest you have to The Tàin is your great grandfather's story about the time he punched an emu?

There isn't a pyramid like that in Indonesia, though.
And mastering a language at the level of a native speaker is not setting the bar particularly high. A lot of native speakers seem to have an even worse grasp of English grammar than I do... which really is shameful.
"They gave it to my family and I."
"I would of gone."
"They removed it's hood ornament."
"Your asking if you're dress makes you look morbidly obese."
Yeah... I think most foreigners should be able to do better than that.

because we're all british rape babies

Assuming you're not deformed, you can, you just need to practice.
The entire theory you're proposing is completely retarded to be honest.

your theory is shit, can you give some reasoning behind it so i can tell you why

Why are you posting ayy lmao landing pads?

Your theory is valid, but only if applied to anglos.
We don't know yet why, maybe it has something to do with cheeseburgers.