So.... I am a Iraq war vet. (Not looking for thanks)..... I can't relate to my wife, or the people I work with...

So.... I am a Iraq war vet. (Not looking for thanks)..... I can't relate to my wife, or the people I work with.. I loveve my son but have a hard time bonding......DISCUSSION if anyone can relate!!! HELP !!

Please don't ignore

Just go hang out and the welfare office and make friends there.

Cmon internet psycologists?

Thanks

Sorry. I work with nothing but other vets, so I'm not in the same boat. I have stories, but I'd be happy to hear yours.

Make them all take the APFT, treat the ones that can run the fastest like all stars. Remind the ones that are not naturally inclined to be good runners how easy they have compared to back in your day. Threaten your wife and son with bad NCOERs. You will feel at home.

Vet here too. I get over most of the army brainwash bullshit by smoking a lot of pot.

I do think they brainwashed us to exist in army society then just sort of let me loose into the world after my time was up.

Kids are easiest for me. They laugh at my jokes and like to play video games too. It's all the adults in the world I'm struggling to deal with.

in regards to your son, if you're struggling bonding with him find out his hobbies. if he likes cars then buy him an old project and work on it with him. if he likes video games, hop on that. whatever it may be, learn it. however for people you work with or your wife, you're on your own

Go back to war bro, it owns your soul now

A boy is about to go on his first date, and is nervous about what to talk about. He asks his father for advice. The father replies: "My son, there are three subjects that always work. These are food, family, and philosophy."
The boy picks up his date and they go to a soda fountain. Ice cream sodas in front of them, they stare at each other for a long time, as the boy's nervousness builds. He remembers his father's advice, and chooses the first topic. He asks the girl: "Do you like potato pancakes?" She says "No," and the silence returns.

After a few more uncomfortable minutes, the boy thinks of his father's suggestion and turns to the second item on the list. He asks, "Do you have a brother?" Again, the girl says "No" and there is silence once again.

The boy then plays his last card. He thinks of his father's advice and asks the girl the following question: "If you had a brother, would he like potato pancakes?"

No welfare for people who have done something with their life

Thanks

>Threaten your wife and son with bad NCOERs.

kek'd

Just find something to do together that y'all both like.

You guys should start Kickboxing.

I am an Afghan war vet.
I was in the initial American push to Bastion I, and Sangin in 2008-2009, 2010-2011.
I cannot relate with anyone either.
I have watched double-digits of body parts fly at me, and have seen more explosions than being in a firefight.
I do not even relate with the old marines who are more used to gunfire than IEDs.
I know your pain, because I too, cannot relate to my wife, and I have almost no one to talk to, I live with survivor's guilt daily, always feel like a failure and feel that people below me should not be allowed to live.

I hope your family gets raped by ISIS

Thank you for your service.

I hard a hard time transitioning too user. Swollow your pride and seek a support group, specifically for vets. You won't be sorry.

you weren't gonna get any fucking thanx YOU WERE FUCKING PAID, NIGGA. dude, get cannabis in your life and fucking move on.
FACTS
/thread

Its a completely different life style bro. Once you are a civy again everything changes. The reason you may have problems connecting is becuase you are waiting for them to change for your needs. If you want change you make it for yourself. Find comon ground and if you dont have comon ground make it. I.e. go shooting together, play video games together ect. Waiting aint the answer. Waiting breeds impatience and can make life depressing.

I smoke a lot...... and heaver when I need to..... . Seems to add to problem

Sounds like a BORING FUCKING GIRL.

You went through some shit, war. That's not real life, you need to come back to what you fought for. You haven't fully comeback yet. It won't be easy but communication with family is key.

Were you a pog?

post shirtless selfie

Asking for psychological help on Sup Forums is a fucking wonderful idea.

>I loveve my son but have a hard time
Niggers son was born 15 months after he deployed. Your wife fucked another man while you were saving the world. No wonder your wife hates you and your son does not like you. YOU ARE A CUCK.

He only cafes about thesending faggot video games....... go outside and be a boy! !!

>I can't relate to my wife
she's fucked Jodie at least 3 times while you were deployed anyway. leave her.
>or the people I work with
thats because your THAT guy. the fucking Blue Falcon of the group.

just fake your way to bonding with your son. or buy his interest by getting him gifts (video games, etc.)

Hang yourself
You killed people for oil so youre a fucking criminal

shut up and bring me more oil

It seems that way

Just this

Kill yourself, too. You use that oil he killed for you fucking criminal benefactor.

Dude, it won't be easy. You'll never relate to anyone that hasn't been in combat for the rest of your life. Best things to do are find other vets to hang with, and just do your best to pretend to be interested in the stupid shit your family talks about. It won't be fun, but you're used to doing shit that's tough.

I've had trouble bonding with people my entire life. Here is my best advice:

Make some time for them. Don't try to control things during that time. Find out what they want to do, what they want to talk about, and do that. Try not to be miserable, but if you fail, make sure to tell them that you love them and try to explain to them why you're miserable.

Consider prescription medication. I'm not saying it's right for you, but it could be.

Whats wrong didn't pass your APFT or was it the 4/4?

WtF IS THIS????

I was part of a top secret experimental super-soldier combat team.
I was trained in martial arts from a young age by my father, and obtained an American education.
I'm a highly intelligent individual, and flunked out of a neurobiology degree for reasons.
I was trained some time after that, we obtained very diversified training, but we still specialized.
I was too intelligent to relate with people in the first place, I was just an unusual human being to begin with.
Now, I can relate to even less. Sure, I can relate a little, me and millions of other people have shot military rifles, but so can everybody else. It's when you look at the big picture that makes it so you can't relate.

But the real problem is, you don't really know what it means to be an individual.
You don't really know yourself.
You're not even a developed human being, but I can't blame you, just about everybody is immature as people.
Grow up, buttercup.

How many civilians did you kill pussy?

Ah shut the fuck up
American soldiers are idiots
And faggots

Sorry to hear about your current plight, user. I hope you're able to regain some sense of normalcy.

i took philosophy in college, if you havent you wouldn't get it.

Shut up and kill yourself already
And fucking stream it kek

This is the problem with America. So many people believe this.
I know you're retarded son, but believe me when I tell you that there's a lot of people that rely on welfare that have done more with their lives than you would in 1,000 lifetimes.

So kicked out in basic huh!

Make friends with other vets to get the weight off your chest.

Find things you have in common with your wife and reshare them.

Teach your son to not be as much of a faggot as you.

And quit your bitching. The military teaches you to function as a team to overcome obstacles, not sit around and pout because you feel alone. There are more than one million other soldiers that have gone through the same shit you have. Find them.

>vet
>thanks
Die in a fire

So are the American people, and rest of the world.

I hope is is fucks your motjer

ITT:Butthurt soldiers crying around

>this is the problem
>you're retarded
>Fuck actually refuting anything

If not for that last part, I'd feel for you. Unfortunately, you're just a piece of shit.

You stay busy but stay involved, the bond will come but it will always be strained. Find time to spend alone with your boy doing things that you can actually share, not some silent vidya bullshit. Go fishing, go jogging, whatever. You have to build new experiences before you can get past old ones. Trust in an oldfag with some deep scars on this.

ITT: 12 year olds that think that playing CoD makes them a qualified war expert

Former USMC here- 2 tours

Take psychedelia mushrooms. Please please take them. They will fix your brain. STart using cannabis and trust me, you will be able to do so many human things.

Fucc are you going on about fucc boi? Fuck mohammad and fuck islam.

Dude, compartmentalize. You married her, she gave you kids. Your done with the shit in the field.

Just talk to her. Tell her your thoughts.

They love ya.

Eng corp.

I work with a Muzzie and a Hmong trash-tiers in a senior level class.
I am now officially racist to Hmongs because they are the laziest credit-grabbers I have ever known.
And mudslimes because they are equally lazy taking credit for someone else's glory.
I thought I could get it back, but now after this, no, NO I cannot.
There is always only 1 in 100,000 Arabic people that will carry their civilization and 99,950 do nothing, and 50 ruin the whole bunch.

holy shit you retarded nigger did you even read OPs post?

Gulf war was best war. US military completely obliterated Saddam's forces in under two months. It was cold, calculated, brutal efficiency.

Today's Iraq war? You guys should be embarrassed to even say you were there.

>implying soldiers are qualified war experts

Npr had something on ptsd, comradery is why people keep going back, I am sure that is obvious but it's that comradery that is missed in every day life. Get a hobby. Find new comrades here.

>Fuck actually refuting anything
When was there anything to refute? You made a retarded post.

are you an alcoholic who you drink until you blackout drunk every single night? We might be on the same page

lol,"your son" is out doing you.... and probably "your kids". Because he's from an alpha... no?

Nigger, realize where you live and serve. The mission is to fit in.

Cuck

You a hippie or a soldier?

>Implying Iraq was a war
Proper term is called Iraqi Campaign.

Silly nigger. You rolled over a coward army. Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back. Probably not even combat MOS you shitbag POG. KYS.

I'm not a vet and don't relate to hardly anyone at all. Not terribly helpful, but hey someone else is in a similar boat.

Are you genuinely this stupid?

I used to, but then I got a wife, she stops me from doing such things, and also, I cannot afford that habit anymore.
So I just learn to deal with the nightmares more often.

Kinda shitty that you're so racist though. Good luck with that.

What?

>No u
Good job, user.

thanks

What the fuck are you talking about?

100%

Join the FFL or YPG/Peshmerga and murder some sandniggers without consequence...

Make sure to film it, so ISIS can see how much of a psycho we can be...

OEF vet here, I had the same issues coming home. I had severe hyper vigilance, often waking up violently from something like trees swaying in the wind. I could never relate with my friends and grew distant from my family. Its been 4 years since I came back and I've finally shaken the hyper vigilance, It also helps that I ETS'd.

My advice, find a hobby or something to occupy your focus. Mine was hiking and video games. Invite your friends and/or family to join you during these activities, as a way to bond. Don't keep things in, talk to someone(friends, family, teammates, etc) about things that trouble you. It doesn't have to be about your experiences, but venting helps. Also, alcohol isn't the answer. It may numb you, it might occupy your time or give you a reason to hang out with people, but you're trying to fix a leaking pipe with a piece of cloth.

I'm with you in alcoholism

That's difficult when you get out, and the reason I'm going in. Non-military folks are generally too unorganized and scatterbrained to become comrades with.

I've personally made better friends spending two months at my recruiting station than I have all my life in the civy world.

Im better than you because i fucked your mom
Faggot i swear im the cleverest person i know
Im like mount cleverest u know?
Fuck you

>(Not looking for thanks)

go fuck yourself faggot

>your a ignorant nugget democratic pice of shit.... learn so.ethibg about life..news flash no butterflies and rainbows

Thanks

Afghan vet here. Pretty much hate everything and everyone when Im not high on edibles.

sounds like you got some personal issues, perhaps you can relate?

>being this painfully retarded

Your rebuttle was "no u".
You've reached a new level of retardation. Congrats, I guess?

Kill yourself

Wat

I cannot even fathom how naive you are. Please remove yourself from this website, you are too young.

You're right, I'm a retard. I concede to you and I'll leave now.

Sorry.

U live in an illusion of real life. ....cuteenjoy your Starbucksfaggot

Why u keep talking shit? My brother is in jail because he raped his teacher
I once had diarrhea
Fuck you and shut up

wat

Hasn't been a real war vet since WW2.
Tell us all about the shit you saw when you weren't playing Xbox.

11B infantry.. first in Iraq 2093