Sup Forums I have a paper, who do you think is responsible in a self driving car accident?

Sup Forums I have a paper, who do you think is responsible in a self driving car accident?

Nigger behind the wheel

The person decided to purchase the self-driving car.
In practicality, this problem currently has no actual answer.

Obama

That's the point of the paper to evaluate who's fault it is.

depends on what caused it

YOU KNOW WHAT?
I'VE FUCKING HAD WITH YOUR SHIT
THAT IS THE LAST FUCKING STRAW
Sup Forums used to be the greatest website on the internet. that was before retards like you chose deliberately to fuck it up. You are the sucm of the earth and what makes this country worse than many others. I can hardly believe it. hardly. That such a thread would ever exist. I absolutely hate you and your guts, even if you were my own brother posting anonymously, I would go right down to Illinois and shoot you in the fucking head. No, I don't give half a shit about how you can get online friends. You are the type of person who argues endlessly about the best anime shows and best operating systems while complaining about auto correct. If a gave a single shit about how to get online friends I would have killed myself years ago. You are the sum of the Earth
You are a massive faggot
You, unlike Hitler, do not know when to kill yourelf
You are an edgy 14 year old
You masturbate to MLP
You are every corrupt politician
You cut yourself and beg for money online
You are a virgin cuck who stands and watches as his morbidly obese and retarded girlfriend of 5 years gets fucked in the ass by a horse.
I am getting real fucking tired of your shit

Brock Turner

is the new navy seal pasta?

>captcha: tourette charles

If the self driving car had a choice of killing the driver vs killing the two people on the side of the road. It has to choose one, who's fault is it?

fuck u simba

legally? or morally?

I assume that's the target of the paper, to evaluate both scenarios. Legally who is in trouble and morally who is in trouble.

Edgy

who's at fault legally depends on legal precedent. if there's no legal precedent then it's up to the judicial branch of that jurisdiction to set one.

as to who's at fault morally, sometimes no one is, man, shit just happens. if your professor is more than 5 years old he should understand if you take this position

Car Manufacturer

Law School on the way

Well of course he probably takes that position but I have to explain in 1200 words why this is the truth.

The car did you faggot

But what if the car did it because it had no better choice

also the car doesn't have to be programmed to choose. it can be programmed to at least try to stop in time to save everybody. unless it's programmed to give precedence to one or the other, it will probably do its best to save whoever it has the best chance of saving.

let's say a human being is placed in a similar no-win situation (without the electric car). they'd probably get let off the hook due to extenuating circumstances. if your mom and your wife are both drowning and you only have time to save one, no reasonable court is going to prosecute you for the death of the other (assuming you're not the reason they were both drowning in the first place).

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo

But in this case the car put you in the position of death so effectively in your scenario you put your wife and mother in a drowning situation.

The driver, when you buy one you are told countless times to stay vigilant dont fall uh sleep. Which defeats the purpose of a self driving cars.

Then that means it chose to crash itself and is still responsible

Nice meme

Self driving software so rarely causes accidents that car manufactures likely will take responsibility for accidents it causes, both for PR purposes, as a selling point, and for a simpler legal framework as well. The cost of doing this will be a few dollars per vehicle at most.

maybe not. maybe the car went off course because of a defect in the road. don't self-driving cars use some kind of sensor or something in the road to detect where they're supposed to go?

maybe it was storming and a tree fell in the road.

also this

It's the cars fault. Cars want rights and shit. Then should get punished like equals. I sick of cars always getting off the hook.

Yes, the road was at fault. See how that holds up to the cops.

I know who will get sued... it is going to be amazing how quickly car companies quit making these.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo

If the car has sensors about the tree then it should be able to see the tree well before it's visible via light.

A wise man once told me before he died "technology will fail you"

They literally don't happen
Its a non issue

>doesnt explain how the accident happens
>not even what type of accident it is
>
the problem here is gun control

It's essentially a fucking philosophy problem, you debate for the sake of debate rather than a situation that actually has a high likelyhood of happening.

If I were the manufacturer I'd just set the car to take absolutely no risks, any risks are at the discretion of the driver who then takes full responsibility of the entire car as soon as they touch any button in the car.

Who here would buy a self-driving car if you knew it would kill you to avoid killing the maroon who just stepped out in front of you?

This, OP

Test

Car on car collision

The moron who stepped out in front of you can be seen through the sensors well before the human can see him.

You're right I forgot you could shoot the driver and solve the problem...

hue hue

The only way the car can take no risks is to lock the owner ut and refuse to ever start.

one car falls out of the sky and collides into the other u mean ?

Drunk driver hits car on highway 101

Technically this would be the perfect scenario but it does have to take the risk of moving it's wheels. In theory the car could explode at any second so in fact ejecting the driver would be the best outcome.

The nearest minority.

You miss the point.

There will be situations where what the car does to react will either be weighted primarily to protect the occupants, or primarily to protect innocent bystanders.

Sorry if my shorthand for that was too obscure for your literal-minded self.

that's not what I said though. something on the road/a defect in the road caused the accident =/= the road is at fault. come on, you know better.

if I run out at night and tamper with the road in such a way as to cause an accident, I am at fault. if the road or the sensor or whatever has a defect that causes the accident, then whoever made it is liable. if it is due to an act of god, nobody is liable and the cost is eaten by whoever has the most unfortunately worded insurance policy. or by the car manufacturer, as the other user said.

What is the cause of the accident? If it's a single car accident and the people in the car haven't done anything other than sit there, then obviously the manufacture is at fault. If the people in the car have done something naughty that caused the crash then they are to fault. If somebody outside of the car does something negligent that causes the car, such as driving their car into the self-driving car, then they are to fault. Ie. whoever's actions caused the crash is to fault, just like any other car crash, except the manufactures are in the place of the driver.

Don;t need to eject him if you never let him in.

finally someone else in the thread who understands root cause

Top kek

I have to write this paper so it's not like I'm not understanding what you say. I'm generating fluff to talk about. Don't take it personally

Yes each route is weighted based on the outcome but then that weighting is the ethical problem. How can you weight life, who is responsible for the weighting and then who is at fault for what happens because of that weighting?

Or explode in the factory

They don't think it be like it is but it do.

bagel

So which programmer would be at fault? Just do a git blame and figure it out like that?

No, the driver is always responsible for maintaining control of the vehicle. That's why if your car slides on the ice and you hit someone, you are at fault. Not the ice. Not god. You. It's called failure to maintain control faggot.

The car manufactures fault.

But how can you ensure this situation when the car has full control over what it's doing?

Sup Forums has been racist and disgusting from the very start

Can you trust the car to report what happened is actually what happened?

WHAT I LEARNED IN SKOOL IS FUCK YOU