Computer problem: Toshiba laptop (which is at work so I don't know exact model) got forced (from win 7) to windows 10...

Computer problem: Toshiba laptop (which is at work so I don't know exact model) got forced (from win 7) to windows 10 and it broke the Intel graphics driver (no dedicated). Screen works fine in bios but in Windows (10 64bit w 1511 update) only external display works, so it's definitely software.

What I've tried:
-Its not fn buttons Turing off display
-Duplicate or extend doesn't help
-Toshiba website only has driver for 8.1, which I installed and it didn't work.
-Remove driver completely and reinstall from Intel website no go.
-tried detecting monitors in advanced display settings and couldn't find
-reverting is risky, long story but I don't want to reinstall software
-that said wiping also isn't an option

Only thing that works is blowing away the Intel driver and using Windows generic but it looks like shit, resolution is 800x600. Anything at all to look at tomorrow when I get in would be appreciated.

Try deleting system 32.

You're asking in the wrong thread, you're gonna get shitty responses

is right, but your best bet is

search for a BIOS update, sometimes works

Probably but the other threads are filled with even bigger fags than this one, only board I can visit.

You probably have this virus.

Hey Op check this out

downgrade to windows 7 again.

If you do the win 10 rollback, you shouldnt lose any installed programs

the only thing you can do is revert op, just make sure you find a good copy of windows 7, I would give you mine that i used if you didnt post this on Sup Forums and actually went on Sup Forums

Settings -> Update & Recovery -> Restore Windows 7

OP, try to disable and then reenable the driver. If that doesn't work, revert. Its not risky at all and it's well worth the revert. I updated to 10 for a day when it first came out, and it wasn't compatible with my GPU (840m) and would only use the Windows basic renderer as the driver, so I reverted back. Tried it again after some time, still didn't work. So I reverted back again.

Reverting might be your only solution OP...

Sorry, it's Settings -> Update & Recovery -> Restore -> Windows 7 (or something like that)

Go to the Intel website and find the latest driver for you integrated graphics driver. Find your hardware name/number in your device manager. That's what I had to do. Dell didn't have the right one for me, just like Toshiba for you.

This ist eh answer, why the hell haven;t you upgraded your fucking drivers faggot?

Boot into safe mode

Downgrade to 7.

Install Gentoo

Give it a shot with a linux live cd or usb ? if it's software, you shouldn't have any problem. You could then transfer whatever files you need via an external hard drive, reinstall windows and you should be good.

If you do, then it's definitely hardware.

Do you have a magnet in your house? If so, run it over the driver a few times. This should magnetically reset all the data on the driver to default.

Go into control panel and look for a restore back-up option, and search for your windows.old file.

Try using windows update, it should repair and patch missing drivers.

After doing this, give us an update OP.

This should fix all your issues and you don't have to do any complicated computer wizardry

have you tried a saw yet?