Why did Scott Pilgrim vs. the World floped at the box office

This movie is one of the best if not the best movie based on a comic book/ game. It is a really good movie it has such deep meaning. It was shot very well.The fight scenes are amazing.The story and visual's are solid. And the overall deep message is presented amazingly well and yet it fail at the box office. Any suggestions why , probably bad luck o.O

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95Q6gcw3iTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just too weird to gain a guaranteed audience.

Which is a shame because it's a literal fucking masterpiece

Blacks are twice as likely to commit murder than whites

Literally "Beta male" the movie.

Yeah but it was hyped pre-release. And yes it really is a masterpiece, there isnt and woun't be a movie like it

Yeah , but he gets both girls (in different endings tho.. :D) and thats pretty alpha to me :D

visually its great but all the characters are so fucking obnoxious and unlikeable. I have no idea why we're supposed to care about scott or his girlfriend, both came across as immature and selfish.

I get that a lot of it is intentional and the story is about growing up and maturing but I really couldn't get past all the adhd caricatures of twentysomethings that acted like thirteen year olds

Because no one knew what the hell it was.

It's a romantic comedy but they're in a video game? And Michael Cera's in it? What?

yeah but its a fantasy story for beta males. it would never happen in real life. and if it did he would get cucked about 6 months in to the relationship with those whores

You would think that the TBBT of movies would be more popular.

underage

miscast and miscostumed
If you can make MEW look like shit and have Scott's sister be hotter than Kim there's a huge issue.

Also Knives looked like shit like most Asian actress casting instead of qtpie underage like she should have been, and the whole theme of maturing and becoming a better person was shat in favor of geek memes.

It was a meta concept for a movie with a niche market. It got hyped but not much coverage. Though an awesome movie.

Because it was awful, especially compared to the source material. This should not come as a surprise since they started working on the movie before the last volume of the comic was finished, which is why the movie deviates so much from the comic in the second half.

Please just read the comic, it's much more enjoyable.

It was shit. It deserved to flop and I hope Cera gets brendan'd.

I'd say it sharing an opening weekend with The Expendables was a major factor in its low box office. Seriously, that movie was hyped out the ass and all i remember about SP's marketing was that weird Adult Swim special (never read the comics)

Why would you even cast fucking Cera? Jesse Eisenberg would've been awesome as Scott.

Michael Cera it's the only thing that bugged me from the movie.

The whole movie was a awkward cringe fest aimed at equally awkward cringy teenagers. Mc was an unlikable autistic cuck who only became slightly more likable by the end of the movie. Reddit tier "nerd" jokes was the bulk while every character's identity tend to revolve around being sexually frustrated or flat and boring.

>Tldr it's the fedora of cult movies.

flop, not flopped.

Jesse Eisenberg would probably be the perfect cast

Jesse Eisenberg looks fucking hideous, at least Cera is cute desu

the comic sucks cock dude. It's like a cheap Sunday comic. It blows. If you honestly like the comics you're most likely a faggot

>Michael Cera
>cute

nigga after kissing him on Juno, he's probably the last push Ellen Page needed to finally come out as lesbian

Jesse Eisenberg is literally unlikeable.
Never seen a good movie with that guy ever.

Cera played well but I think that he is too skinny for the role and the face is a little too ordinary. In the comic Scott is a little more of a badass.

it's a shitty adaptation anyways. Sure, they picked the most seemingly perfect beta bitch to star in it, but they butchered the story trying to force all the comics into a decent length single film.

The short they played on adult swim, Scott Pilgrim the Animation, is MUCH better and they should've just adapted the comics like that. Just do the whole series as an animated show.

instead we got something that was just too weird for audiences.

at least the game kicked ass.

Kinda liked the movie, but really only watched it once. I felt the runtime was the biggest obstacle in making this a movie. Remember a comment from years ago >Is this what it's like to have ADHD?

Vs the comic that took over a thousand pages to say
>Scott needs to learn to move forward.
>Ramona needs to learn to look back.

Me and my buds watch it every year.

Biggest gripe is that Ramona was just too cold throughout the movie. She had some warm moments, but they were outweighed by the spectacle fight scenes.

Still fun for the dank memes lads.

I don't give a shit about that cunt, he's cute

they made scott a ugly jew

>This movie is one of the best if not the best movie based on a comic book/ game. It is a really good movie it has such deep meaning.

What was the message of this movie anyway?
You should attach yourself to a boring using slut emo girl you have no chemistry with by murdering her Ex Boyfriends and then ignore the more likable interesting QT girl who loves you?

youtube.com/watch?v=95Q6gcw3iTk

Male lead was this guy

Because it left out one of the most important parts of the comic: Scott realizing he was an asshole. Without it the movie doesn't quite have the same meaning as the books, and while still good, it's not as poignant.