Most anti-climatic ending ever

Most anti-climatic ending ever.

How can they take an iconic story from the comics and dumb it down so much that the end leaves me feeling there was zero consequence to the whole plot.

All of the battles felt like kids playing in their backyard.

At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.

I'm done with cape-shit. I know it's pleb entertainment, but why does it have to be so bland?

>Most anti-climatic ending ever.

>WHY NO ONE DED?!?!

faggot.

You have too high of expectations for this shit my man. You need to stop thinking any movie you're going to see is going to be ground breaking. You just come across as a pissy man child that takes memes and online forums too seriously.

>people complain quickass died for no reason
>WAAAAAAH WHY DIDNT THIS CHARACTER DIE TO PLEASE ME

the whole point of zemo was to tear the avengers apart but all they do is playfight for 2 hours while quipping every line

The comic was terrible anyway and the target audience are 15 year olds and chinks
You're not going to get anything amazing or interesting happening. You're going to get 2 hours of mindless entertainment

>the end leaves me feeling there was zero consequence to the whole plot.
Welcome to every non-xmen marvel movie ever

Every Bourne film is pointless

>Iconic
Iconic because it was so fucking bad. Civil War was fucking awful and they never should have adapted it in the first place. The sheer fact that they could get a good movie out of it was a miracle.

well, BvS superman's death was also dull...... and the buildup had no flow or rhythm or whathaveyou

at least in batman rises bruce had a satisfying retirement and fakedeath in the nuke.... which made everyone pause in their seats emotional moment....

TDK also had an epic ending where batman was chased by the police and he takes the blame as the dark knight

>good movie
you what meight?

the action was so fucking goofy

anyone felt that bvs and civil war were essentially the same movie? lex makes them fight each other. both involved their mother getting killed. both had fake terrorist bombing a political event

Okay, Comic Civil War was iconic, but that doesn't mean it was good.

The entire story was rife with the twisting of character's personalities, motivations, and logic.

Stark was re-made into a villain for villains sake, and Rodgers was stripped of his honor.

The MCU plot made perfect sense in its universe, given there are no mutants and Inhumans are just barely starting to come out of the woodwork.

>Comic Stark was an asshole, and Comic Cap was a bitch.

Except that Civil War was BvS done right.
>Cap and Iron Man actually fundamentally disagree about the nature of good and the role of law, Batman and Superman were tricked/blackmailed into fighting
>Iron Man says "I don't care. He killed my mom" and notably doesn't say "I don't care. He killed MARIA."
>They don't immediately become friends once the hand behind the conflict is revealed.
>The villain's plan is clear and understandable and actually succeeds instead of leaving the audience wondering what the fuck he was going to do about the uncontrollable superweapon after the fact
>The villain also has sympathetic motivation

both were kind of dissapointing, but civilwar had some fun scenes and actions.

winter soldier had holy shit cool fucking moments like the elevator scene and nick fury surrounded by cops. felt like a real thriller

civil war was just too weaksauce

>like kids playing in their backyard.

Congratulations, retard. You finally figured out the target audience for these movies.

I went into Civil War with no expectations and was blown away. I went into BvS with no expectations and was somehow let down.

>How can they take an iconic story from the comics and dumb it down
The original story was one of the dumbest in Marvel's history.

>At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.
That would made Cap the one in the right suddenly, and the """""war"""" would last a week.
>but all they did is playfight for 2 hours while quipping every line
Apart from the obvious ones did anyone quip?

I liked the movie but I agree about the opinion that someone should've died.

War Machine and cap or ion man should have died. It's fucking annoying that they didn't. When War Machine got shot down, it actually felt kind of emotional and I actually had an "oh shit" moment. Next scene "jk he's still alive". What a fucking let down, why even bother with that scene at all? Seriously what was the point of the scene? I also agree that Cap should've died and Winter Soldier should've taken his place, it would've been really interesting, but the scene where Cap shoves his shield into Iron Man's chest should've killed Iron Man, too. They've made such a huge deal about how that thing in his chest is the only thing keeping him alive, and that not having it will kill him pretty quickly, and his suit was pretty much destroyed so you know he was stuck out there for a while. He should've killed Cap after getting a shield to the chest, then he should've slowly died in the wilderness. Before dying, the two show their regret for letting things go the way they did, Winter Soldier sees this, takes up Cap's shield after they die, vows to bring the Avengers together again. The end.

Also, I know it's a kids movie so it's obvious that never would've happened, but god damn it that would've been so much better than this "and everything was ok in the end" bullshit

Everything wasn't okay, though. The Avengers are divided. The accords are law. Bucky's back to being frozen.

But everyone would say "Weekend war", this thing is supposed to affect the earth movies of this phase.

>iconic story from the comics
>dumb it down
>>>>>>civil war

Those are all really minor things, though. Cap's side isn't even in jail anymore. And it's not like the accords will ever actually catch up with them and Bucky will be thawed within a movie or two.

At the beginning of the next Avengers, or maybe even sooner, Cap and Iron Man are gonna be like "hey let's be friends again so we can fight Thanos" and it'll be like it never happened

>assumptions

Doctor Strange
>implying he gives a shit about the accords or any petty things that happen in our dimension matter to him or that any of this will even be mentioned

Guardians of the Galaxy
>Civil War will matter even less than in Doctor Strange. Won't even be in the same part of the galaxy

Thor
>Same as above

Black Panther
>Civil War will matter here but probably not a whole lot. If Civil War isn't tied up here, it'll definitely be tied up within the first few minutes of

Infinity Wars

Does this not make sense to you? It's pretty obvious what direction things will go in

>How can they take an iconic story from the comics

Stopped reading right there.

People only know about Civil War because of how fucking bad it was, and the lengths that other authors went to turn it into something meaningful when it was over.

>Civil War will matter even less than in Doctor Strange. Won't even be in the same part of the galaxy
They will go to earth at one point and the gov will shit on them.
>Thor Same as above
Implying he will not return to earth, also, he is with Banner.
>Civil War will matter here but probably not a whole lot. If Civil War isn't tied up here, it'll definitely be tied up within the first few minutes of IW.
Panther is part of the UN pannel now, he will have to agree with the accords or fuck off.
You forgot to mention Spider-Man and Carol, who will agree with the accords anyway because one has Stark as an idol and the other is a soldier.

>At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.

Just so they could revive him next movie like certain other movie series did? Nah, ending was anti-climatic but it was kinda the point. To show the rift between the Avengers, you don't show that with a bang but in a way they did

superheros/villains don't die very much since they can/need to be recycled for money, you may be more used to movies but keep in mind this is from a comic, and I bet a warmachine cinematic is coming in the future since Disney loves money more than comic authors.

The scene was supposed to be a reality check for Tony where he realizes fighting the Avengers actually has consequences since one they are stronger than the usual enemies and two he was relying on them before since the Avengers movie was all together we are strong/ power of friendship. And no one has to die for you to have a reality check a near death experience changing peoples lives is common even in reality. I was actually surprised they "crippled" him even though hes just going to get robot salvation later.

I was pissed about the shield chest scene though. The worst part is the fact that he sat up and shit like it was just a knockdown at a bar fight.

>Apart from the obvious ones did anyone quip?
Nah, it's just a meme that keeps getting repeated by people who are too assblasted to actually pay attention to the movie. Spidey did what spidey does and Ant-man had his chance to quip, and they had like 4 minutes of screentime each.

Shit, even Tony barely had any of his usual comebacks. Compared to other movies he's been in, this was the most serious Ironman we've seen.

maybe you should watch the material before talking shit. but first
>people need to die anime style because thats the only way i know to create drama
fuck off. i agree that shit should get real every now and then but killing people off to create drama (quicksilver) will do nothing but annoy fans. your stupid edgy anime description there wouldve killed this fucking movie by the way. and its not like rhodie came out of it clean. hes paralyzed and can barely walk. he might not even return as war machine. maybe he will. who knows
>arc reactor
honestly im mostly shocked that no one called you out on this. way to make yourself look like a fucking idiot. he doesnt have an arc reactor in his chest. he got it removed

I'm not a screen writer, what do you want from me. It's better than

>WAR MACHINE GOT SHOT BY A DEATH BEAM AND FELL HUNDREDS OF FEET TO THE GROUND
>LOOK AT HIM LOOK HOW DEAD HE LOOKS
>HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING HES ALIVE
>IN FACT HES ALREADY WALKING AGAIN BY THE END OF THE MOVIE
>STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE WHERE HE GETS A NEW SUIT THAT IMMEDIATELY MAKES HIM OK AGAIN

And the arc reactor thing, you're right. But did you really expect me to remember things that happened in IM3?

>do you really expect my brain to work so i dont go on autistic rants about shit i dont know about?
no. i dont. i also dont expect you to learn from this but fully expect you to repeat this faggotry again in a different thread

cap shouldve at least been incapacitated and bucky takes the shield

cap only comes back when all hope is lost meme in some later film

Sorry I'm not a huge gay nerd like you kid

>LOOK AT HIM LOOK HOW DEAD HE LOOKS
>HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING HES ALIVE
They never implied that he is dead, and it would be too stupid to do it because the trailers spoiled it.

every other line is a joke and a comeback. this cape circlejerk needs to end

>Civil War
>Iconic

Way to prove you don't actually read comics.

Oh yeah, the shield. Another fucking cop-out.

>EMOTIONAL TONY MOMENT
>CAP LOSES SHIELD
>WHAT COULD THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS BE?
>NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE'S FRIENDS WITH BLACK PANTHER NOW WHO, GUESS WHAT, IS GONNA MAKE CAP 20 MORE SHIELDS FOR FREE

>gets shot by a death beam
>falls hundreds of feet
>shows his motionless body
>everyone who saw, on both sides of the fight, are shocked and stop what they're doing in fear that he's dead

>NEVER IMPLIED HE DIED
>THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN REAL LIFE

dont bother with this nigger. other than being dumb and blind, hes also deaf because he didnt hear friday say she was picking up weak vitals right after tony got to rhodie

I was really drunk during the movie. Snuck in a bottle of sailor jerrys

That doesn't excuse the dumb gay cop-outs every 20 minutes though

how did he survive that fall? he doesn't have superpowers

What needs to end is people like you exaggerating a point so they feel like they're right even though.
Comparing to the Avengers movies, any Ironman movie, or Ant-man, CW had less than a third of quip lines and jokes, and most of them are concentrated in the airport scene, which wasn't even that long. You just got carried by the "let's hate quips just because" mentality that's been all over Sup Forums the last weeks and think that going around repeating memes constitutes valid criticism.

someone needs to keep score of the jokes and make a database. definitely more jokes than winter soldier which was far more serious a movie

This

There's no reason he should've lived.

No one even really likes MCU Rhodie, he's expendable but would also be an emotional shock that'd drive Tony in his agenda

literally no one thinks you have any ground to stand on. you are clearly retarded and all your gripes exist because you were too stupid to understand a childrens movie

it was a miracle bestowed upon him by our lord and master allah, praised he be. rhodies big giant metal armor that can withstand nukes had nothing to do with it. rhodie should be glad allah spared him and only took his legs as payment for his gift

Did you know that if you put an egg inside a metal box and chuck the box at a wall, the egg would still break?

Also his suit was compromised by a death ray splitting it in half

you put a guy in titanium armor and drop him from the sky 10 times out of 10 he's going to die

>I'm done with cape-shit.
FUCK. We need to get him back guys. Marvel will stop making movies unless they know this guy's gonna watch them.

op here. i thought bvs was 4/10 and civil war was 5/10 just cos i liked spiderman

there are no consequences in these movies compared to nolan batshit trilogy where at least there are interesting life/career ending moments

>>gets shot by a death beam
This is how i know you clearly missed the point. Vision was attempting to disable Falcon, not kill him. THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS STUPID FIGHT WAS TO STOP THEM NOT MURDER! You are that dumb that you can't understand simple things from a movie made for manchildren.

damn, is the comic storyline for civil war that bad? it seems like such a cool idea but I don't think I've ever seen anyone praise it here, all I ever see people saying is how bad it was. to comic book readers, why was it such shit?

its almost like the concept of withstanding nukes means nothing to you people. i guess falling from the sky just has that much more fucking impact than a NUKE

YOURE TELLING ME THAT A LASER BEAM STRONG ENOUGH TO IMMEDIATELY CUT THROUGH WAR MACHINE'S SUIT ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL SOMEONE

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

OH GOOD GOD YOU'RE DUMB

Quickass died to create fake drama, but Black Iron Man didn't die and wasn't even crippled but was still supposed to be a vehicle for fake drama. Armguy killing Metalman's parents was also a convenient excuse for fake drama. I know you are a tripfag and so are retarded, but you should at least realise 2 things can be bad for different reasons.

>YOURE TELLING ME THAT A LASER BEAM STRONG ENOUGH TO IMMEDIATELY CUT THROUGH WAR MACHINE'S SUIT ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL SOMEONE
Oh, you are saying he wanted to squish Falcon then?

We never said it makes sense that his suit can withstand a nuke, you ape. HOWEVER it does make sense that plot armor can withstand a nuke. This scene in particular felt retarded and useless. It was literally nothing but a "oh shit someone might die" shock that was immediately retracted so they didn't mess with the status quo too much

>Armguy killing Metalman's parents was also a convenient excuse for fake drama.
That was already implied in the second movie, holy fuck stop baiting.

it was an accident meant for condorman

BUH DUH ENDING

The plot lost its steam halfway into the series, and the characters became dumber in order to give them a reason to fight. By the end of it when they all come to blows, you don't care who's fighting or why they are fighting at all.

Vision said he didn't know how to use the gem. It's extremely likely that this is the first time he ever used his death ray and didn't know it'd do that much damage. He probably thought it'd just disable him. But there is no way on this earth given to us by our lord and savior jesus christ that you can tell me that the beam that cut through war machine's armor wouldn't have killed falcon if it hit him

like when batman died at the end to save gotham

That I won't deny. WS was an overall better movie, too.

but he stayed "dead" and retired...and robin became the new capeshit

there's an actual emotional connection being made

>that they could get a good movie out of it was a miracle

Proof that miracles don't exist. Civil War was a fucking shit movie strung together on the skeletal corpse of what would have been Serpent Society while the superfriends quip at each other for 2 hours straight to distract from the hackneyed and nonsensical real plot.

I see. have you seen the movie yet? if so, would you say it's better?

the consequences of the civil war are that the avengers are split up AND it's illegal for superheros to do anything without government direction.
Hydra is still active manipulating things in the government
this sets up a real conflict for everyone when thanos shows up

Maybe because the trilogy ended.

Wait, it wasn't the first time he used it, was it? Then I don't know what the fuck Vision was thinking, sorry buddy. Still, my point stands that there's no way on God's green earth that a beam strong enough to cut through an Iron Man suit isn't strong enough to cut through man flesh

If War Machine died, Tony would be fueled by revenge and not help Cap/Bucky and make the reveal less impactful.

>All of the battles felt like kids playing in their backyard.

This so fucking much.

>Civil War
>OH SORRY I HIT YOU ARE YOU OKAY? I'M SORRY I DIDN'T WANTED TO HURT YOU

But that's not how protection works, you dense motherfucker.
If you put on a medieval armor you can survive being hit with a sword, but you'll still receive the exact same damage if you fall off from a tree, no matter how tough the armor is. Why, you ask? Because your body is hitting against the armour at a certain speed.
There, now you've learned something new, stop defending shit.

They could've had Black Panther have his anti-revenge moment with Tony

literally all youre saying is that you didnt understand a childrens film. that it was too smart for you. i know it sounds like im ignoring what you said and attacking you personally, and youre right. the difference between this and shitposting however is that you think you are in the right and justified in your anger, but youre actually not. im not attacking you because i have a different opinion or because i dont like your race (nigger). im attacking you because you are factually incorrect and keep insisting you have a point. well you dont. he survived because his suit can tank heavier shit than a free fall, and no it doesnt need to be powered for that. theres no super scifi startrek shield system in play. they dont imply he dies because the first thing tony does is check his vitals, they were weak. rhodie didnt do a dance off at the end. he was crippled by this event and it all showed tony that this shit was serious and it wasnt a kids game. so fuck off and be stupid somewhere else
>hurr autism
thanks for proving me right

you think it'll effect dr strange siperman daredevil and all the other capefilms and shows coming out before grapeman?

nope

>They will go to earth at one point and the gov will shit on them.

Dr. Strange doesn't give a shit about the government.

If he died that would be Vision and Falcon fault, not theirs.

Then you'd have Zemo "win" full stop.

>medieval armor is the same as the very advanced war machine armor and i cannot comprehend anything stronger
this one is for you too curly

you're pulling your punches kiddo

Yes.
Look! He posted it again!

He actually does have a point with that. The shockwave from a nuke alone is enough to kill someone just the same way that a fall from a few hundred feet would. However, it makes sense that they'd have a superhero survive a nuke because of plot armor and intense explosions. It does not make sense that they'd basically show someone die then be like "he didn't die though"

Then it shouldn't have been in the movie, because it was a dramatically shot and potentially weighty scene that was reversed immediately and then reversed even further at the end of the movie.

>basically show someone die then be like "he didn't die though"
didn't happen

they killed nick fury and brought him back with better impact and plot integration

rhodes was lazy writing

How would this make Zemo win?

If Rhodie died, Tony would be max revenge-filled and want literally nothing more than to kill Cap. If he doesn't, Zemo super loses. Tony goes past the point of hulk-rage-fueled-revenge and still turns around and accepts Cap

>what kills you is you body hitting the armour
Did you read what I said at all or are you just pushing buttons with your eyes closes hoping that it'd feel like an argument?
It doens't matter how tough the armor is, you retard, the armor itself kills you when you hit the floor. In fact, the tougher the armor is, the more damage your body receives, so you're only helping my argument.

Ok kid you're not even arguing anymore. I was actually interested in your point at first but you're literally giving me nothing at this point. I've posed the "death beam strong enough to destroy an iron man suit instantly is strong enough to kill someone" and "his suit was compromised" points a bunch of times, not even counting lots of other points I've made, and you've dodged them up to this point, only saying "no you're wrong because I said so" now.

Sorry kid but I've won. Nothing personal, you're just a gay nerd weenieboy

>but why does it have to be so bland?
Because bland movies make money. I mean hell, the greatest movies of all time were successful but they never made as much money as capeshit. So why would they stop making capeshit? It'll take at least another decade before people get tired of it.

>his suit was compromised
it was actually a small gash that just took out his arc reactor

It's a fucking superhero movie not the godfather you stupid autists, some movies deserve being picked apart but this isn't one of them. It was a good superhero movie. Shut the fuck up and stop arguing like idiotic autists.

Hahaha you think so? I was drunk as shit and in the very front row and even I know that's not true. the beam went from the bottom of his suit to the top, also hitting the reactor, yes, but also hitting everything else too.

Even if you're right
>IT ONLY DESTROYED HIS MAJOR WEAK SPOT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS COMPROMISED

yes. daredevil isnt superpowered; him, punisher, luke cage and iron fist all use karate. thats not something that would stand out to iron man's scanning for super powers

It was a solid flick yeah.

But this is so true, it was the biggest let down because you knew the stakes weren't going to be very high. Although to be honest at the Cap&Bucky VS Iron Man scene it did feel like someone could die.

I just finished watching the movie, what bothered me it's not even based on the comic book Civil War why they even calling it that?