Is Gary Oldman not the BEST Dracula?!

Is Gary Oldman not the BEST Dracula?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi80O9uKB30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He is and Hopkins is also the best Van Helsing.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNDDDDSSSSSSSSS

I loved them both in that movie. However I dont think that Keanu was the perfect man for the role... would you agree?

Klaus Kinski.

I see your point but, technically thats not Dracula, it was count Orlok... and Nosferatu is GOAT just like Oldman in Dracula

Dafoe

Christopher Lee was pretty great.

i had forgotten about that one.. gotta watch it again.

This movie owns and Dafoe does a killer job. One of my dreams in life is to make a movie called Shadow of the Shadow of the Vampire, it's a movie about how while Dafoe was making this movie he was revealed to be a vampire and had it covered up

Is this from the dark souls movie?

People forget this is a fucking coppola movie. I actually love it but fuck if keanu was a mistake. It could have been a classic like the godfather of apocalypse now.

What does tv think of my idea

PTA directs Dracula.
Daniel Day Lewis as Dracula
Paul Dano as Johnathan Harker
Joaquin Pheonix as Renfield

brilliant

Sure, they could have done a lot better than Keanu with a horrible british accent but they probably felt he was necessary to sell it.

He looks like a lobster

>lobster

i think you meant to say badass

>That fucking armor design

does that mean you like it or not?

Looks like some shitty dark souls fan came up with the design

>please respond

Was Dracula Untold just a prequel to the Coppola Dracula?

I only ask because... it was.

*pssst*

i agree.

heres your (you)

Now go back to your capeshit thread while we are having a real discussion

Except that film is terrible in every way possible.

Best dracula design coming through.

>you'll never see a castlevania movie based on this artwork

crazy ol Tom would have done a better job
the movie is visually spectacular, but it's all over the place story-wise

even if and thats a big IF it was meant to be and i admit it had very good ideas, the end product was a shitty the history channel presents meets capeshit.

This is one of those movies that made an impression on me when I was a child. The theme "love remembered" will always be inscribed on my brain.

Also his armor, while cools, has always looked a little off to me. It's like it is made out of almonds or something.

boner intensifies

this is lewd

is she a vampire
pls yes

NOW THIS is what Ramsay Snow should look like
Although younger ofc

I just want to bury my face in that cleavage. No wonder Dracula went bonkers that some sad fuck like Keanu was porking his woman.

i think it was meant to represent muscles with the skin stripped. it goes well with the whole blood and flesh is life theme of movie. Also i think it was made to be so impressive purley to help with the visual establishing of Dracula as an extreme person

maybe you are right, but my personal view is that someone like Harrison Ford would have been more suited for the role.

Being Gary Oldman in that scene must have been hard.
In more ways than one.

i had a mancrush on him ever since i saw that movie

fucc me ded thats lewd

He looks like a crab soldier

Me?
I'd serve Draculegs

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi80O9uKB30

Coppola's Dracula is like Apocalypse Now with Dracula.

Okay that was awful and I'm sorry

This was on last night. Felt like a shitty 60s movie with the overacting and the overall quality of production. Also that chinless Dracula who looks like a janitor wouldn't seduce a fly.

Is this really well liked?

try harder

The "good guys" were camp and gay, I would use the cinematography as an example of how art evolved into moving pictures.

pic related

So it's starting to sound like Dracula Untold is gonna be ignored for the Universal Monster universe and they're gonna soft reboot with Tom Cruise's Mummy.

If that's the case who would you want to see as the inevitable new Dracula? Cumberbatch or Redmayne or one of those guys is the easy obvious choice so hopefully they go somewhere more interesting.

Jered Leto he's just as old as the legend and can pull of sinister pretty well once you see suicide squad.

I actually liked Untold. It has plenty of flaws, but I still like some of the things they did with it. The movie did well overseas and "Dracula" is a bigger name than Wolfman or Creature so I Untold isn't The Incredible Hulk of the Universal Monster Universe.

I like Leto, but he looks fucking terrible as the Joker and nobody's seen SS so you can't say he can pull of "sinister" once it comes out.

*so I hope Untold ISN"T The Incredible Hulk...

Bro where is that artwork from. I remember seeing it in a book as a child.

Daniel Day Nigger

The artist is Tudor Humphries. He did a stellar fully illustrated kids' Dracula for the Eyewitness Classics series

Fuck thanks man. It was so good. I would love to see a drac that looks like this in a film.

yeah

Keanu got in because he was a friend of Winona.

it looks like muscle tissue

I have that book. The illustrations used to scare the ever-loving shit out of me. It still looks disturbing and creepy as fuck.

The scariest one is the one where he's about to drink Mina's blood. I get chills just remembering it.

There we go. I should dig that book up again.

>DDL begins kidnapping young women and drinking their blood to get in character
>renounces God and enters unholy union with Satan for lordship over this world
>based Hugh Jackman takes up the mantle of Van Helsing to stand against him
>when memes go too far.jpg

Can a classic horror movie starring Dracula with a winding road shot to his castle and bats and shit ever work today?

kek would watch a movie about that

Only for camp or nostalgia like the Van Helsing movie.

Victorian's didn't actually know shit about the world. The foreign unexplored unknown was frightening. Dracula and Transylvania and vampires and castle could actually exist for all they know. There is no unexplored unknown anymore. That's why Alien had to go into space and now we've even covered that base.

bloodborne style dracula game

what was dracula doing before he was a reclusive vampire. does he have a backstory?

He was Vlad Tepes. After the fall of his empire he was basically banging his three wives, killing the locals and planning his plot to go to America.

Dracula lives in a fucking creepy castle, I don't care how cheesy some millennials will find it.

Christopher Lee in 1968
Bela Lugosi in 1931

These are the best Dracula along with Gary Oldman. Peter Cushing as Van Helsing is unbeatable.

how did he become a vampire

>this was supposed to kick off a franchise
>we should be in the age of monsterkino

yup that makes sense, don't know why I never saw it. Thanks

eh I'd see it, but you come over as someone who really likes PTA like me

>implying based DDL would even consider participating in a film of such low content and meaning

still, he'd probably drink human blood or something cool like that

Why is Dracula a twizzler dog?

Why isn't there just a straight up adaptation of Vlad the impaler without the vampire mythos attached to it?

It's not as if the guy had a boring life. It's full of betrayal and gore.

Trying to cash in on the cinematic universe shit is a blunder on Universal's part for the sheer fact nobody really knows or gives a shit about their 'classic' monsters. Frankenstein and the Gillman are never going to have the pull that Marvel has for general audiences. Nobody has seen these movies in decades.

muslims would get butthurt.
get it?
lol.

but the Muslims win in the end?

Goddamn, this movie was top-shelf kino. Gary Oldman and his vampire sluts were fucking superb, Mina getting fucked by a werewolf out in the garden, based Winona Ryder....

Keanu Reeves was the only flaw.

Gary Oldman is typically the best, no matter what the role is.

>Keanu Reeves was the only flaw.
I normally get mad at bad acting, but he was so hopelessly outclassed in this that I felt nothing but pity.

>that GOAT dr who armour

There is, just not in english.

Why is Japan so good at making Dracula designs?

>implying based DDL would even consider participating in a film of such low content and meaning

A lot of the aspects of the character definitely appeal to Nips. He's "foppish" and opulent and definitely sexual. Maybe a little Byronic