And now it begins

And now it begins...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CDt9FrVOPZk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NORR
NAHHEETENZZZ

No, it's over before it even began. You loose, Magneto.

wirsmisistar

nowitenze

Well I'm sorry to hear that

ned said smugly with an evil smirk

lol

>be better swordfighter in westeros
>get stabbed in the back

every time

So where was Gerald Hightower?

Was he holding the high ground?

that's the point mate

AUUUUUUUUUUUURHHHHHHHHHHHUHAHHHHHHHHHHHHAUHHHHHHHUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

God damn these flashbacks are fucking awesome, I can already tell this is going to be a great season.

anyone know for what purpose the old dude is making Bran go back in time for?

Ultimately they did him justice.

Young Ned looked special needs tho.

Nah, they cut out him and the other dude and just had it be Arthur Dayne and Targaryen Kingsgaurd #4

reddit

Dayne?

>Why do we even bother wearing armor if swords can just thrust straight through it?

This is fantastic bait

Did no one in casting think it would be a bad idea to hire the Walmart brand NPH?

Huh?

How is that bait, I think it's cool

WHERES MY SISTER

autists around here can't fathom someone not getting upset over irrelevant details like whether a character dual wields or uses a shield
just ignore them and move on

But if I ignore them then they think they've won

I SHIT YOU NOT IT'S GOING TO BE BRAN FINDS OUT HE CAN CHANGE EVENTS EVENTUALLY AND THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE JUSTIFICATION FOR THE SHOW BRANCHING FROM THE BOOKS.

IT'S ALL A HORRIBLE PLOT DEVICE TO SAVE D&D's SKIN.

SCREENCAP THIS.

Why isn't he scowling? Old Ned was always scowling, this guy just looks extremely butthurt

Really lazy coreography mostly.

If young Ned looks like that then Old Ned would look like Toby fucking Jones.

>starnding in plain sight changes nothing
>shouting does

bravo

Wasn't the Tower of Joy incident only like 15 years before the start of the series?

Why did Ned look like a teenager? Couldn't they just have got Sean Bean and CGI'd his wrinkles off?

He also looked tiny but I thought Ned was always supposed to be a big old hunk of a man

Who knows if they'll give ages in the show, but in the book, adult Ned is in his 30s and was a teenager during the rebellion

Are they related?

Tbf Jon is about 14 in the first book

He was high in the tower

>no dramatic pause. May as well be saying his soup is cold
>no sadness in his voice at having to fight the greatest knight of his time

I waited six years for this?

He WAS The Tower

No, he said it just like Sean Bean would

lmfao

Why were they fighting?

wasn't much of a tower t b h

more like a tall house

tell me about dayne. why does he wield two swords?

I honestly don't know why I come to these threads anymore. All anyone does is bitch about every little change. I thought the TOJ scene was awesome, don't let these autists ruin it for you.

because wielding two swords is cool

But he did pause? Were you expecting him to stop altogether and have bran scream WITH SADNESS IN HIS VOICE!!! Can u people enjoy nothing?

NAUWITENZE!!!!!!!!

nowitenze

Arthur let himself get kill, it was Rhaegar & Howland's orders for their blood prophecy

dem green screen closeup reshoots

if this isn't bait, I assumed d&d were just going to use it to key viewers in on jon's parentage, and generally just to fill time so that too much doesn't happen this season (i.e. so grrm could still theoretically catch up before s7)

i think the purpose is for bran to understand history and how it can be used for the present, but they're hinting pretty heavily now that he's going to be able to influence the past somehow, whether intentionally or not

heheheheh can't get better than Howlin Howland Reed, cunt tries 2 kill ya m8, stab the prick in the back

That fatass probably gave up and is enjoying the remainder of his time in this realm.

Why didn't they bring Bobby B to the ToJ? I know he was probably busy running the country and all, but as the canon strongest character he probably would have been useful in the fight.

like that does any good against Howlin

Why isn't Howland Reed an awkward weirdo skinny frog?

Arthur Dayne is till alive, r-right guys..?

now it ends

Recovering from wounds suffered at the Trident.

Do you think Merry fucking Trant could have a chance against Dayne?

I wish he could fortune in the wars to come

who would win?

DAYNE?

The viewer

Meryn fucking Trant?

It's really amazing how awful this show is when you rematch the first season.

Each episode furthered the main plot, each episode had great acting from Rob and Ned. Each episode had dramatic politics.

Now the fucking episodes are like star wars episode one where they vault between different scenes and different emotions so rapidly and often between each episode you don't feel any sense of suspense, catharsis, etc.

Also the acting is fucking atrocious

I miss this.

I thought young Ned was good. Le spinny dual swords was a bit spastic though.

Bookfags are too autistic though, everyone has to be exactly as it was in the books or else it's le D&D hackfrauds fault.

You need to watch it for what it is, fantasy shlock.

people keep bitching about this, but i honestly think that's just the actors "sad face" and hes the disability hire so HBO doesn't get sued

and i was thinking like where do i know this guy the whole time

>it was elenore in the tower
it all makes sense

>this is how Sean Bean looked when he was young
>they cast someone that literally looks like he has a constant urge to take a shit

what does that have to do with anything?

Now wide ends.

>But he did pause?
>Typical giving an answer with a question
It's too easy to tell. Also no, he didn't need to scream "WITH SADNESS IN HIS VOICE!", he could have simply said his line with sadness in his voice, you litteral monkey

it has nothing to do with autism. Dual Wielding is simply retarded because it does not actually increase your strike frequency. If you want a second weapon to protect from strikes from your flanks you use a fucking shield.

Acting is alright in general but the scripts don't help. Agreed 100% otherwise.

Pretty much this.

>they cast someone that literally looks like he has a constant urge to take a shit
keked at this retarded shit

at least it was justified by his great performance and line delivery

RIGHT?

>awkwardly pulls out two 4.5ft long broadswords

Your move Ned

>spins around clumsily
>body stiff
>wrists weakening from the weight of the swords

Because its leather armour which is less effective against stabbings. But it's lighter and you have more freedom of movement and it'll protect you well enough against people hacking and slashing at you.

I mean, Sup Forums is getting really retarded these day if I have to explain shit like this

Whether or not leather armour was actually historically used or that effective is up for debate, but for the purpose of fantasy that is role leather armour fulfils.

Should have played Howland Reed desu

Wounded from his duel with rhaegar, who was no slouch himself

The guy had to say 3 sentences and they fucked it up. Like i can get that more important character's casting can be hard but with young ned the guys come in say all the lines then leave. And youre trying to tell me he was the best in saying these 3 sentences. With that delivery and facial expression. Fucking ridiculous

Dual wielding Dayne vs Zombie Mountain

Who wins?

How else would you kill him?

Ned brings Jon back from ToJ

user... get hype.

What was the most recent movie you watched with acting that you deem acceptable?

CIA would beat both

youtu.be/CDt9FrVOPZk

Whoever has the high ground.

>games are for children
what did he mean by this

Is Howlin Mad Reed the most based Lord in Westeros?

>Whether or not leather armour was actually historically used or that effective is up for debate,

Yeah, totally. Leather armor is just a theory

*Pic completely unrelated*

i cant decide which scene was more pointless, this one or dragon whisperer tyrion

>muh dirty armor is realistic
i hate this meme

Sup Forums BTFO

watching Dinklage pat some barrels in a green screen was more entertaining than those dull cunts

Gilly's son is still a baby.
The show Has no regarding to time passing nor continuity