Lex Luthor Jr. vs Helmut Zemo

Who was the better villain, Sup Forums?

IMO, I'd say Zemo.

>Lex' plan
I will kidnap Martha, that will make them fight. I hate them because I hate god xD

>Zemo's plan
I will make the Avengers hate and tear each other apart. for killing my family.

Ajax

>but muh symbolism

Zemo fucking sucks at accomplishing his goal. All he manages to do is cripple War Machine and making Stark pissy for half of the next Avengers movie.

Lex

You know muh family is a tired cliche motivation as well as right?

>I will discredit the most powerful thing the planet has ever seen because it is a danger to every major corrupt power system which is dangerous to the balance of society. Also fuck you, God.

Based

>YOU KILLED MUH FAMILY REEEEEEEE

Shit

Lex. Marvel was trying to copy DC again.

Eisenberg also gave a memorable performance that will be remembered

>DCucks are this desperate

>Eisenberg also gave a memorable performance that will be remembered

For being shit?

Uh.. t-thanks DC...

>all of Cap's team and Widow are international criminals and have gone into hiding
>Tony Stark is overwhelmed by guilt over an incredible series of fuck-ups, will likely turn to alcohol soon
>Rhody is crippled
>Vision is shaken over the fact he almost killed Rhody on accident, will likely refrain from using powers in the future
Zemo won.

Ah yes, the MCuck desperately trying to incite a mob response. Typical of a child to be devoid of any argument and looking to his fake friends to alleviate the soul shattering dissonance that comes with being a Marvel fanboy.

Maybe Evans will let you eat his shit one day if you post his face enough.

nah. he literally just does it because he hates god. his reasonings are zero, so they may as well just have made him Joker 2.0.

You mean.. Francis, right?

Zemo by a fucking mile

Nobody will remember Zemo 2 months from now

People are still talking about how great Lex was and will continue to do so

can we just take a moment and appreciate how dank the name Helmut Zemo is? I mean jesus christ

Have to keep those motivations basic for marvel fans.

REVENGE REVENGE IT WANT REVENGE RRREEEE

Oh it was memorable alright...

Zemo had reasons, a plan and was able to improvise on the go.
And he mostly succeeded.

>b-but its too simple revenge pff everyone can have revenge
its still a reason

>People are still talking about how great Lex was and will continue to do so
You mean how shit he was.

yeah mhm. very memorable. despite the 27 percent. despite the general audience being MEH. despite the box office bomb.

yeah. memorable. because a DCuck on a Maltese image board says so.

yeah. mhm. totally.

anyway, Zemo.

>I will discredit the most powerful thing the planet has ever seen because it is a danger to every major corrupt power system which is dangerous to the balance of society.

Literally never said OR implied any of this.

>Also fuck you, God.

Implied this.

Stop, DCuck.

You fucking serious? Zemo hands down.

This. Marvelfags are delusional to think otherwise.

Really, the only one who made it through Civil War pretty much unscathed was Spidey. And even he got his ass kicked by some Brooklyn punk named Steve.

Zemo. Lex was shit. BvS was shit

Zemo while not even close to being Zemo, he had a goal and achieved it more or less.

Lex was fucking butchered and all over the place and was played so badly.

Zemo wins

better than an autistic sperg wanting them to fight because... literally no reason.

Zemo wanted to teach the Avengers a lesson, he wanted them to despise each other. he wanted to tear them apart. he replays his dead wifes voice on his phone every waking moment of his life, because The Avengers took her away from him. they didn't care about the damage, they never did. so Zemo knew they had to be stopped. no one else stepped up to the plate like he did. Zemo bossed it, and succeeded.

Spidery broke a couple ribs as least

going to name my son Zemo to be quite honest with you lads. that name is insanely legit

I just got out of the theatre watching CW, and I watched BvS a few weeks ago as well. Lex has potential to be interesting across multiple films if they expanded instead of cramming too many teasers in one film.

So as far as a single standalone is concerned Zemo easily takes the cake. I prefer BvS overall, but Zemo was much more satisfying as a villian.

So how much is Disney paying you?

If you unironically think Luthor you have shit taste.

But don't you remember him saying this?

Oh no you don't because DC doesn't forcefeed its shitty character motivations down your throat and instead respects its audience enough to make a complex enough character that is worth discussing.

But you're right MCuck, they DID kill Zemo's family.

More evansposts please. When you grow out of this Marvel phase you'll understand that this is the only good that came of it.

zemo broke up the avengers then made them criminals if they superhero any where.

lex pissed in a jar

But it is a motivation

I wish Disney paid me to argue with retards like you.

>I'm an atheist because my dad beat me, something about bells!
>my wife and child are dead!
At least Zemo had a clear motivation. Hell, even his plan was basically "find evidence Captain America's best friend killed Iron Man's parents and send it to Iron Man." He didn't even need half the shit that happened to happen.

>"GRR I HATE SUPERMAN IS HE GOD THATS WHY I HATE HIM SO I WILL MAKE HIM FIGHT A HUMAN HAHA OH AND ALSO I WILL MAKE DOOMSDAY SO THEY CAN TEAM UP THUS ULTIMATELY RUINING MY OWN PLAN FUCK GOD LOL THIS IS MY PLAN"

in the end, he failed because.. he planned to fail?

vs

>"these fucks have to be taught a lesson. they came to my city, they caused destruction, they killed my family. and in the end, what did the so called heroes do? they left. I use my wifes voice as a reminder that everything I do is to stop these so called heroes. I won't kill them. I won't even come in contact with them. but I will ruin them. this is my plan."

in the end, he succeeded. without EVER coming into contact with anyone, except Black Panther.

>DC fans on suicide watch

I can't imagine living a life so devoid of satisfaction that I would gobble up a Marvelshit and call it good. It makes me want to wretch.

Seek help.

You know what Zemo did that almost no other Marvel villain could? He survived.

to be fair, he tried really hard to not do that.

How did Zemo know that Winter soldier kill Stark's parents? How did he even know about any of the top secret super soldier stuff? Wasnt he just a random guy that got his family killed.

He's a handsome guy. More please. Your homoerotic fetishization of this man is great meme material.

>someone post an opinion that you don't like
>"hurr you must be a shill!"
Fuck off m8. I liked BvS but even I am not deluded to think Lex was good. Zemo is far better than him

>It makes me want to wretch.
Kinda like a jar of urine on your desk, huh?

So's hating God, what's your point?

He saw the details in the files Black Widow leaked. It was encrypted but he got the gist through patience. Which is why he went to that Hydra dude.

When that guy wouldn't give him the info, he improvised as things went along to get the tape.

Of course it's Zemo. This isn't even a contest OP. Lex sucked ass.

>let me make a human fight Superman, who is not god, because I hate god

HMM

>Lex' plan
I'm edgy and spoiled

That jar of piss had more backstory and relevance than the entire character of Black Panther lmao

I honestly can't believe people are dumb enough to think go away shills, fuck.

Lex was more memorable than Zemo because he was terrible rather than just being bad, while Zemo was merely good as opposed to excellent.

I can't imagine being so concerned with another person's subjective tastes that it makes me physically ill.

You have issues, dude.

>LOL I JUST HATE GODS SO MUCH MUCH SO I'LL HAVE A HUMAN FIGHT A GOD THEN MAKE A MONSTER THAT IS A GOD CAUSE... REASONS

vs

>These heros killed and destroyed my home and have no repercussions. They deserve to be destroyed. I want them to fall apart.

Zemo.

Lex is caught up in humanity's deification of Superman. Sure he has a name like Clark Kent but the man literally flies - how can you not be suspicious of that?

Besides my first point was Zemos motivation being cliche, his exposition dump at the end being crap (though decently performed) and no ones refuted me on that

>no backstory

black panther and his country have been referenced since the creation of cpt America's shield on screen. Age of Ultron's fight between ironman and hulk destroyed the city of Wakanda. Seeing Black Panther finally appear is something that many movies have been leading to. he's got alot of backstory if you'd pay attention

>the man literally flies
Will the extended cut include scenes of Lex interrogating birds and Cessna pilots?

Alright I'm out

Not their taste but simply the thought of BEING someone whose life was so pathically droll that that level of shit taste could exist would make me suicidal.

Read better, fgt, and enjoy your shitematic universe.

And? Most people here seem to be arguing that the execution is what makes Zemo better. They don't care that it's formulaic, especially compared to Lex. Because hating Superman for petty reasons is what he's done in basically every Superman film for decades.

anons gotta point

This desu. For better or worse, Lexberg has been immortalized as a meme.
Zemo is OP as fuck, but he will be forgotten as soon as Thanos start to be featured more.

No the fucking soap you nut. Worst product ever. Enemy to menkind.

When he first appeared on Civil War I could've sworn he said "My name is Emo"

That is until he comes back in Phase 4 to lead the Thunderbolts

Feige pls

Zemo is a better actor, has better motivation and the way he gets them to fight makes more sense

Lex's reason were all over the place and had no rhyme or reason. Zemos, while cliche, was done very well and was accomplished more or less

Lex' motivation was philosophical and his plan was practical.

Zemo's motivation was personal and his plan hinged on unknown variables coming together.
(How did he know Iron Man was going to show up at the soldier factory?)

Lex was out there.
Zemo was generic.

>the way he gets them to fight was overly contrived

FTFY

>Lex' motivation was philosophical and his plan was practical.

Eisenberg was basically playing an edgy 14-years old pretending to be Ledger's Joker while quoting any Hitchens meme he can find on google.

Lex's plan was in no way practical. It was fucking dumb, which also hinged on a lot of unknown variables as well. Zemos was sloid and he changed it each time to make sure hos goal was sought out. He sent the hotel lady to the room so the body would be found and break the news, once that broke, Tony would see and feel like shit for blaming Bucky, so he would go apologize and help find the guy responsible.

He just wanted the tape. He could have bailed long before they came and showed it anywhere. He says in the first scene the Hydra dude is forcing him to get messy and improvise.

Lex was miles better than zemo and I'm not even memeing.

Lex' casualties: Superman

Zemo's casualties: ????

Did you watch either of those movies?

read

His plan may have been out there but it was shit. Plus his philosophical "motivation" is the whole god angle which has been done in films too. His is just as generic.

>Lex' casualties: Superman
Confirmed for not watching the movie

Lex' casualties: The DCEU
Zemo's casualties: King of Wakanda

Bruhl>>>>>>>>>Eisenberg

For that reason alone, Zemo.

More like delusional Dcuck

>better than an autistic sperg wanting them to fight because... literally no reason.
Lex gave multiple expositions regarding his motivations.

Since when was the King of Wakanda an Avenger?

>I didn't get the movie, the post.

Made the majority international criminals to the world.

>I can't refute the argument so I will just say you didn't get it

Zemo's casualties: King T'Chaka, and any sense of camaraderie between the Avengers

Lex's casualties: Nobody who stayed dead. His unleashing of Doomsday should have killed some people, but Gotham was conveniently vacant that night.

They both suck

Why does everyone act like Zemo has some grand plan? All he wanted was the tape and find where it was. Everything else was him improvising.

Fucking this. I can't believe people had a hard time realizing how Tony would get to the area where Zemo would be.

He killed Mercy. That evil bastard.