Mad, yelly fat guy falls down and breaks table LOL

>mad, yelly fat guy falls down and breaks table LOL

is this the case or was he genuinely funny like most of us thought he was back in the 90's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-nOY_d-vJU
youtu.be/IfR1TwosYQg
youtu.be/W3BcIm5d6Pk
youtu.be/ngdYGCavAyY
youtu.be/bywa3wqQ7ng
youtu.be/s_cAS-mvV20
youtube.com/watch?v=W3BcIm5d6Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=WmAwcMNxGqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only ever saw him in Billy Maddison in the 90s (which I thought he was funny in) but I watched his documentary recently and didn't most of the clips shown to be very funny at all.

If he was still alive today he would get torn to shreds by the internet.

>heres my opinion on something I don't really understand

He had incredible energy for a man his size, he never reached his true potential.

It's because of his work on SNL

>If he was still alive today he would get torn to shreds by the internet.
Really? Consider the fact Tim & Eric and shows like that are essentially the same thing, though more abstract.

As much as I love his comedy movies I think he really wasn't that funny and the best part of his performance is his energy and passion towards selling it. I think if he was still alive he might've really done some good dramatic work.

that's possible. just look at how John Goodman's career evolved.

He was hilarious, are you faggots serious? It wasn't always about his weight either, he was GOAT in Billy Madison, Dirty Work, the SNL Gay beer ad, the Paul McCartney sketch etc. I don't know why I even lurk Sup Forums anymore, you're all fucking faggots.

You are cornered by a fat ninja! What do you do?

yeah I have no clue why this guy is so highly rated it seems like it's just that single obnoxious character. I've tried watching Tommy Boy so many times and it does nothing for me and I'm a sucker for stupid comedies

he literally got famous because of the chippendale's skit, in which
>lol it's funny because he's fat
i'm trying to discuss whether he ever moved on from that.

ya it was pretty funny

early 90's was last time SNL was good

pre-jimmy fallon, pre-SJW

>he doesnt think this is the purest vein of comedykino

youtube.com/watch?v=L-nOY_d-vJU

I was born in 1998 and have never heard of this person.

>a celebrity dies, suddenly they are considered a genius for their works.

why dis?

>tfw philip seymour hoffman won't be playing chris farley in the inevitable biopic

he died the year before you were born. he was almost Jim Carrey popular in the 90's as a comedy star, but since he died so quickly, he isn't as well known by young people today. apparently kids today don't talk to their parents much because i find it hard to believe your dad never mentions him.

It's a good thing being born in 1998 means your opinion doesn't matter then...

Chris Farley was his generation's Melissa Mccarthy but angry autists will never admit it

He was funny on SNL and in a couple of movies but most of his movies were dog shit.

Yes he's the fat man who yells and screams but he actually had the charisma and talent to actually sell it

youtu.be/IfR1TwosYQg

youtu.be/W3BcIm5d6Pk

>the decaf coffee crystals skit
what were they shooting up when they made that?

>I was born in 1998
>and you're allowed to post here

DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME OR MY CHILDHOOD EVER AGAIN!

The guy had amazing range and reactions probably because he was on so much of the stuff that killed him. Thanks Andy Dick.

These are great.

Basically.

Her best role was probably Bridesmaids

DUDE VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER LMAO

Underage b&

underage? that skit debuted back in the early 90's and i'm aware of it. i could be 28 for all you know

youtu.be/ngdYGCavAyY

youtu.be/bywa3wqQ7ng

youtu.be/s_cAS-mvV20

tfw you realize people born in 1998 are now adults.

Legally adult =/= adult

Chris Farley was genuinely talented at physical comedy. You can see a night and day difference if you compare him to the likes of Kevin James. The style of comedy he did was not by any means easy.

>..........I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese.

that delivery obliterates my sides every time

The thing about Chris is that he was an actor not a stand up so younger people don't seem to really get that what makes him so funny is his delivery and body language, he's perhaps the best physical comedy actor ever.

His small part in Dirty Work is GOAT. Damn Saigon whores.

>best physical comedy actor ever

I mean...I'm a huge Chris Farley fan, but that's a tough sell. Chaplin has him beat

Keaton > Chaplin

>Schmitt's Gay

That nigger guy Kramer is even better at physical comedy

Hence why I said "perhaps".

Frankly I find his work a lot funnier that Chaplin or Keaton. I have a lot of respect for them but comedy evolves so quickly that those old silent comedies come off more amusing to me than laugh out loud funny.

>incredible energy
>cocaine

Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=W3BcIm5d6Pk

He's pretty funny, dude.

Why would you find that hard to believe? Do you really think anyone would have any reason to talk about chris farley unless a movie of his was on?

He was funny but the movies he was in are one-note garbage.

Retard

Yea thats exactly what cocaine does, what is your point?

>MOTHER OF MERCY, I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE!!!!!!!!

he might have yelled a lot but at least he was good at it.

Tommy Boy & Black Sheep are legitimately funny and great movies.

i would honestly fucking cry, cause if a fat man can be a ninja u really dont know what the fuck he could do to you

I don't see how a mad, yelly fat guy falling down and breaking a table isn't funny 2bh.

Tommy Boy is definitely one of the comfiest movies ever made.

>It's the end of the world as we know it and I Feel Fine

there are lots of reasons. maybe he sees a commercial that reminds him of Farley or hears a particular phrase that reminds him of something Farley said in a movie once. Farley was very popular back then. he is still in the hearts of a lot of people who were around when he was popular. don't you ever have a memory of something you remember fondly pop in your head and feel the need to mention it out loud?

he hated being "fatty fall down" but felt obligated to give the audience what they wanted

it's funny for a minute but gets old fast. it's one of the things he got famous and popular for. he literally walked into a room, yelled a lot, was fat, and fell down and broke a table and the audience fucking erupted. at one point in the skit David Spade put his hand over his mouth to mask his laughing because he was losing his composure. that's how funny everyone thought he was. to this day my dad talks about how he laughed until he couldn't breathe when he saw the Matt Foley bit back then.

he got such a reaction out of people with that bit that he never got away from it. had he gotten help and continued living to this day he would have though.

Unlike Adam Sandler

He did it well. Not every fat person is funny.

He's the most limber fat guy who ever lived.

everybody loves you when you're dead.

you couldn't be more wrong

He was like John Candy's wild fratbro nephew.

After those two died, fat guy comedy hasn't been the same.

RIP in Reese's Pieces

Him and Rob Lowe should have done a comedy. Rob Lowe doesn't do enough comedy. He did that better than the handsome lead thing. They have enough guys for that.

Nah, Lowe is a terrible comedian.
At this point of his career, it's just sad trying to see him make people think he is.

farley shouldn't have wasted his brief career partnered with david fucking spade.

at this point he's done plenty of comedy since he was on parks and rec.

Candy and Farley had a very different comic style though, Candy was more subtle.

That's what he's saying, Candy wasn't so much a physical comedy guy he was always ready with zingers and comebacks.

>he was almost Jim Carrey popular in the 90's

Lolno.

Hang yourself

you sound like someone who wasn't around when Chris Farley was popular. SNL was huge at the time, and good, and he was their star for a couple of seasons, then he got more exposure with movies.

Absolutely this. SNL was actually respected and cared about.
The decline started when Colin Quinn took over Weekend Update.

>and good
Lolno.

what's good?

>Sup Forums is full of children

I really don't understand how many times I can forget that.

The Two Ronnies

>it was huge back then even though all its highest ratings have been recently
Hmmmm..

doesn't change anything. it was still huge back then.

But not as huge as it is now.

Which completely and utterly invalidates your entire point.

Johnny Knoxville pontificated on his appreciation of some of the golden and silver era physical comedians. The I Love Lucy chocolate factory scene was a genius--the commentary on women entering the workplace--Lucy had decided she wanted a job--is easily lost on modern audiences. It's not as simple as falling down and breaking stuff. Most of Farley's characters were more complicated than that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmAwcMNxGqM

>not as huge as it is now

My problem with that movie is that I live in Ohio, and at the end they need a plane for a 40 minute drive tops

Do they teach millennials to use their feelings when determining everything?

Overall, that movie was a love letter to the mid-west though.

Ive watched it a lot, mostly because of that

Are Tommy Boy and Black Sheep the same movie?

They're both road trips with Farley and Spade.