Other urls found in this thread:

philosophy.as.uky.edu/sites/default/files/The Absurd - Thomas Nagel.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yep
everytime i walk out my house
truman show pops in my head
i look at everything it's all the same
>social engineering

I reckon most people who aren't retarded are in a state of perpetual existential crisis. It's just the nature of our brains.

yup

how you guys hangin in there? its been easier for me since i embraced life and the madness that comes with it, but man, sometimes..

posting pictures from films doesn't make this Sup Forums-related, btw

If someone presented you with the opportunity to fall asleep tonight and never wake up, going peacefully and painlessly as you slept, would you take it?

Not that I'm actually suicidal or would ever take my own life, but dying doesn't seem like such a bad thing, considering life.

Not really. I'd want to die more violently or in a way that suggested I did it myself. Dying in your sleep is boring.

Eh, I'd prefer not to experience my death in any way. I'm terrified of dying but wouldn't mind being dead, if that makes any sense.

Oh it makes sense. I get why people want to die in their sleep. I just have some shit to prove and I won't prove it if I don't make it clear that I've killed myself. Dying by coincidence doesn't do anything for me.

>waaahhh life makes me suffer

Life is what you make it. If you sit there and expect life to be great for you, it wont be.

Going out and doing things, putting effort into MAKING your life successful is what brings the reward of true happiness. You will never feel that sitting there waiting for handouts and thinking the world is shit, which is just you using the excuse to be lazy about everything.

Can't shitpost in death.

Having some extreme self-doubt and self-loathing. Doing terrible in my meisner acting class because I can't just immediately imagine myself in an intense personal scenario in a studio with a class of 20 watching me.

I'm 25 and I'm a shitty actor. Maybe I just give up

I'd want to be completely awake and aware as to avoid a Jacob's Ladder scenario.

Kind of but I find watching movies helps

I just want to lose weight fast

So you're saying that you want to leave people stunned at the extent of your misery? Makes sense that you'd like to leave a mark, I suppose, but it seems to me like a very selfish thing, considering you won't even be around for the aftermath to satisfy that need within you.

Death is not experienced. Organ failure is experienced.

That is still what killed you so it is your death.

Fine by me.

>waaahhh life makes me suffer

I don't think like that at all, to be honest. I mean, I recognize that navigating life is tricky and all that, but not more-so for me than for most. I've also never been one to expect things out of life or out of people.

I don't really know why, but as long as I remember, I've pondered daily wether or not it's worth it, even considering I have a relatively good life.

Actually you are probably right. Webster agrees and it is seldom wrong.

Being "successful" is nothing but a temporary fix. You'll get high on the novelty of having a lot of shit, love, having children. It all fades eventually and you'll be back where you started again.

I've managed to get lost in the matrix for years before too but it's not a permanent solution to any of this.

SO LE DEEP LE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go

that's not it

Go back to watching futball dumbo.

All right, so since we're going down on this road, I'm italian.

Anyone one of you knows where I can buy barbiturates (sleeping pills) online no question asked?

The best thing about Nightcrawler was how it commented on the taboo of sexuality by not showing it.

BUT LE WE MUST IMAGINE SISYPOO HAPPY!!!!!

sad faggots who rationalise the fact thir lives are shit because 'aww man, just too deep for regular life' are the worst

please cease being

ty

for you

This is the worst possible way to go about an existential crisis.

>'aww man, just too deep for regular life'

no-one itt seems to be doing this, though

>So, you're knee-deep in an existential crisis?
>Here, let me fix that with this handy flowchart!

Then just kill yourself

I meant the flowchart itself.

reread the thread my good friend

still not seeing it

can't help you then i suppose.

I don't know man, it worked for me tbqh

nothing says content, happy person like coming into a Sup Forums thread and harassing depressed strangers for no reason other than to soothe your own insecure ego.

>mfw

nothing says taking any serious attempt at sorting your life like being on Sup Forums

Sup Forums - Movies and Television

Look we know. You guys are right. When you say just go out there, just do it, just work and be happy, dont be lazy, we know. You're right and we're wrong, we're being the childish entitled pieces of shit. We know.
I had depression, I know what's it like, I know people who have it, and I know it doesnt make you brave, or strong, or deeper, or sensitive (sometimes it does), mostly it makes you a bad person. A hurtful person for the ones who love you.
I know.
It still hurts every morning. The nightmares are still there.

So how about we dont fight about it? It's just stupid.

Last 6 years for me to varying degrees, don't know if it'll end or not. Also get the fuck out with your Truman plebery talking about existentialism. It's a good movie though.

why does this mean

That's how the movie made me feel.

>I have shit to prove
Literally why. I don't get why so many people are like this.

No one loves me though.

Is anxiety disorder the new existential crisis?

Give me 50's Paris over a handful of pills.

Count your blessings

Literally the most reddit state of mind. Nobody fucking cares that you guys don't know what you want to be when you grow up. Get some real problems

>Get some real problems

Such as?

everyone's faking it folks

when I have a shit day or some girl is a cunt or I have to deal with my insufferable boss I just think they'll all be dead, i'll be forgotten, this will never be recounted again

thank god

>If someone presented you with the opportunity to fall asleep tonight and never wake up, going peacefully and painlessly as you slept, would you take it?
Of course not.

Care to expand? This isn't very interesting.

Care to expand what?

On your answer.

What's there to expand?
I don't want to die tonight.

>don't do anything
>feel bad
>go out and have fun with friends
>get home and feel even worse than usual

why is this happening

>tfw flunked out of Uni
>Gonna have to tell my parents and deal with them telling me how dissapointed they are
>Absolutely no clue what im gonna do now

petit bourgeois problems

thx 4 the rare pepe, here's a free (you)

Please delete this, it is very problematic.

Also remember to get out and vote for Comrade Sanders today.

want to come here and be an organic farm slave?

why not though

well why did you flunk? Did you struggle, did you just not care? What would you have rather done with your time? What did you do with your time instead?

>tfw don't care about literally anything

how to fix this, guys? i want to, really

Why try to fix your crisis? Dive deeper.

I don't want to. I'm scared. This whole romanticization of depression and anxiety is poisonous bs desu

You're right.
Depression is a terrible experience, there's nothing beautiful about it. Suffering is only beautiful when you overcome it.

Is that Amber Lamps?

>life is awful and it must always be awful so everyone should just die

Ok

well he's not wrong

>tfw turning 23
I hate this but I can't kill myself because of my parents.

>depressed guy thinks there's no way out and life will always suck for everyone, everyone else is just too stupid to know it

It's simultaneously sad and pretty arrogant. Shits alright once you get to the other end of depression.

Camus was mostly right; he was wrong in regards to why we're alive. We all live for our own personal reasons. If your life didn't matter to you, you would be able to kill yourself and not care. For example if I asked you simply to kill yourself you would do it because whether you're living or not in that moment doesn't matter. It would be as simple as flicking a light switch.

However even the edgiest suicidal teen has some hesitation, and that hesitation is what they are living for. They may say they want to kill themselves but the truth is they don't. They are living for a reason.

philosophy.as.uky.edu/sites/default/files/The Absurd - Thomas Nagel.pdf

superior account of the absurd

>>Gonna have to tell my parents and deal with them telling me how dissapointed they are

They'll get over it and so will you.

This could be true if moral non-realism is true, but considering that a big majority of philosophers are moral realists it's safe to assume that there are some powerful arguments against it.

Or over 20.

I used to feel really bad about dying but I've managed to stop. I still don't want to die but now I'm really good at not thinking about it. Even now I'm not really thinking about it, at least not with the part of my brain that gets upset.

They want to kill themselves because they think there's no point, no meaning, no purpose

They hesitate because they want to believe they're wrong

They live for hope then, a better future is what they want. As long as there is something left in the world they seek they aren't done living.
Such as?

>not embracing hedonism
>2016

Or they're just afraid of death. Either they find the concept of nonexistence scary in itself or they're afraid of what might be on the other side, if anything.

Cancer maybe? Seems popular. Or ebola, that's a la mode for sure.

>only physical problems are real problems

Well, shit, get some schizophrenia or something then, or burn your house down, that's a problem unless you're rich, but then you'd afford rich-people problems.

>well off people can't have real problems

that is a dead end user

Billions of years of evolution has made creatures that exceed and doing two things: Fuck and Survive. What can 12,000 years of consciousness do against that? Society has failed you, the system of human organization has failed you, your nutrition and conditioning have failed you, but your body still wants to live.

Life is pointless and when you die there wont be a heaven. Exercise, socialize, fuck and make money, and when you're alone with your thoughts meditate and drink a glass of scotch. Raise a family or set a fire somewhere. If its any consolation, everything is already set in stone. Enjoy the trip.

>the hedonism meme

please make it stop

>who /existential crisis/ here
What's it like being 16 years old?

>We all live for our own personal reasons.

Absurdism contends just that, though.

Camus, also, said that people should fight against the absurd, i.e. meaninglessness, instead of avoiding it by finding meaning.

Pretty much this. Our brains are constantly in survival mode, always looking for solutions to immediate life-or-death problems, which were pretty frequent in the caveman days.

Now all we do is sit around and argue with people on a romanian notebook doodle bbs, brains working overtime and trying to construct reasons for us to feel as anxious as wild animals.

> yfw you realise solipsism and nihilism are the only two completely objective viewpoints of this existence

> yfw you are literally god

> yfw you chose to spend the majority of your adult life posting frogs on an anime discussion forum

I think I'm in the same spot as you.

My feelings have gone numb as shit and I only see systematic behavior when around people.

I have friends and enjoy some shit from time to time, but other than that I can't shake off being cold as fuck towards everything.

Being at work did nothing for me. I've met girls and they did nothing for me. Getting money did nothing for me.

I'm just not able to give a shit.