Barbarians Rising

No doubt this tv show will adhere to the same strict historical accuracy that HyStry Channel has displayed with Vikings…

deadline.com/2016/05/barbarians-rising-premiere-date-cast-history-1201752253/

‘Barbarians Rising’: Cast & Premiere Dates For History’s Roman Empire Saga

Lend us your ears: History has announced the cast and global premiere dates for its limited series about the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. The eight-part Barbarians Rising will invade North American shores on June 6, followed by a conquest of some 185 other territories through summer and into the fall. (See all the dates below.)

Told from the perspective of the rebel leaders, the series chronicles a wave of rebellions against absolute power by those the Roman Empire called “barbarians” – tribes they viewed as beyond the fringe of civilization that lived a brutish and violent existence. But these also were men and women who launched epic struggles that shaped the world to come with a centuries-long fight to defeat the sprawling
empire.

The players and their freedom-fighting characters: Nicholas Pinnock as Hannibal, who vowed a blood oath at age 9 to destroy Rome; Ben Batt as Spartacus, the slave-turned-rebel who led a barbarian revolt; Kirsty Mitchell as Boudica, the avenging Celtic warrior queen; Tom Hopper as Arminius, the son of Germany surrendered to Rome; Emil Hostina as Attila, scourge of the east; Gavin Drea as Alaric, the king of the Goths; Steven Waddington as Fritigern, the warrior who took down an emperor; Richard Brake as Geiseric, the last barbarian standing; and Jefferson Hall as Viriathus, the shepherd-turned-rebel leader.

Hannibal was not black

This is a terrible idea. Hannibal got majority of his troops beat by hill people in the swiss mountains. Ultimately an idiot that salted his own city through terrible politicking that lead to his city being destroyed.

Spartacus ended up jobbing. Boudica was hilariously bad to point of a tiny roman army slaughtering 100 to 1 ratio, it was such an embarrasing defeat.

So 3 defeats = Rise of the Empire?

Attila dies of a nose bleed.. Goths betrayed Rome so I guess that counts as a victory?

jesus this is a terrible narrative.

didn't all of these people lose against Rome though?

Should be called Barbarians Falling.

Anyone remember this old gem from the golden age of History Channel?

>Hannibal/Carthage
>Barbarians

literally what. They had the same technological sophistication as Rome

with the exception of Alaric didn't all those other leaders get fucked up by the Romans... I think Fritigern was killed by other barbarians eventually right? My Dark Ages history is a lil rusty

Who ready for /Detroit Hannibal/

?????????

Hey Rome... is it me you're looking for?

did anyone get my joke?

They're filthy Baal worshipers and would murder children

that's pretty fucking metal

if i recall, carthage had a superior navy for quite some time as well.

Romans sacrificed goats to idols

>show on the History Channel glorifying devil worshipers and ritualistic child sacrifice

shocking stuff

>HyStry Channel

>Not watching Ice Road Truckers

underrated

Anyone who wasn't Rome was considered a barbarian. It really didn't have anything to do with technology or sophistication. That's more of a modern interpretation.

>No Brennos
>shitshow
Nah just kidding.

Carthage was its own empire rivaling the Roman Republic of that time.

Spartacus led a slave rebellion.

Barbarians were Germanics that invaded the empire in the last hundred years before it collapsed. None of these events have anything to do with each other and the Roman Republic lasted for hundreds of years before the empire became a thing and lasted another ~500 years. What the fuck is History thinking?

Romans, kind of like the Greeks, referred to anyone outside of their culture as barbarians. The size of your empire had little to do with it.

Including Spartacus is dumb as fuck.

>post yfw Spartacus and the "barbarian" leaders team up to take on the Roman Empire, thus creating the Fall of the Roman Empire Expanded Universe (FotRE EU)

It's actually quite funny what really happened. While Hannibal was going through spain, france and italy, the romans just crossed the sea and raped and pillaged their city while they were away.

>Romans, kind of like the Greeks, referred to anyone outside of their culture as barbarians.

No, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians and Carthaginians were considered civilized societies by the Romans, blue-painted mud hut dwelling backwoods Celts and Germanic were not.

Cant wait for them to portray Alaric as a barbarian when he was a career army officer that spent more time in rome than he did on the frontier

>bootyka

I was waiting to read who the diversity hire would be.

>No based Brennus for the celts
>Go with Boudica instead

Everyone who isn't a Roman is a barbarian. Doesn't even matter if they're technologically superior, they must be subdued. Reread your Virgil.

>Others will cast more tenderly in bronze
>Their breathing figures, I can well believe,
>And bring more lifelike portraits out of marble ;
>Argue more eloquently, use the pointer
>To trace the paths of heaven accurately
>And accurately foretell the rising stars.
>Roman, remember by your strength to rule
>Earth's peoples—for your arts are to be these :
>To pacify, impose the rule of law,
>To spare the conquered, battle down the proud.

>calls them Baal worshipers
>picture is of Molech

Its still pretty nasty if its true, but I've seen sources saying the children were already dead and it was a glorified cremation.

>Told from the perspective of the rebel leaders, the series chronicles a wave of rebellions against absolute power by those the Roman Empire

How the fuck were men like Hannibal and Attila "rebels"? How the fuck do you call something like invading the Roman Empire from beyond the Danube a "rebellion"?

Arminius was assassinated by other Germans after defeating the Romans in an ambush battle because they feared he'd grow powerful enough to dominate them all and become King of all Germany.

How can you be wrong on the internet? Look it the fuck up.

Roman's getting jealous of our soap and steel again.

Seriously though Celts were pretty based in their golden age, they were a shadow of there former selves by the time periods they're usually portrayed in.

I thought they were only going to focus on the Barbarians during the collapse of the Empire. Hannibal, Sparticus, Boudica, and Arminus suck.

>Boudica
Why do the Britbongs celebrate her so much

>Unite a bunch of British tribes into giant fucking army
>Succeed in slaughtering lots of Roman civilians
>Face up against two understrength legions
>Get completely fucking rekt

What a great fucking rebellion.

Why does that helmet look like a centuries old museum artifact?

We don't really. Anyone with any knowledge of history knows she was full on fucking retarded, It was only the Victorians who had a hard-on for her.

She was a stronk #badbitch who showed the patriarchy the power of feminism.

>Nicholas Pinnock as Hannibal

Of fucking course.

Alaric sacking Rome is a loss?

That's not true. Also barbarians comes from the Greeks who called everybody who did not seek greek barbarians.

>celts
>based
The original rapefugees. Germanics being the original dindus.

Barbarians are white people. Cucks (aka:whites) have been trying to separate themselves from their past since forever, this show will be a continuation of that. They'll be talking about themselves in third person, don't be surprised when they hire the swarthiest people they can find including mixed race blacks to fill the roles

i can't tell anymore whats true or whats been SJW'd up for propagandizing modern audience

>Kirsty Mitchell as Boudica

she can attila my hun if ya knowadimean amirite

>Hannibal
>barbarian
>rebel
The fuck? Also noticed they changed Attila's epithet to "Scourge of the East" because apparently "Scourge of God" makes him sound like some kind of horrific storm of rape, murder, and paganism in human form. Oh wait.

I could see it in yours eye

>barbarian propaganda

WE

Celts were savages. Getting conquered by Rome was literally the greatest thing to ever happen to the Celtic peoples.

Literally the worst Roman Emperor ever except for fucking Elagabalus

Viriathus never lost to Rome, he was murdered in his sleep by two traitors of his very own tribe. This traitors then went back to Rome, to claim their "reward" and bath in gold, receiving the mythical answer of "Rome doesn't pay traitors".

WE

Elephants is the same

funfact: "barbarian" comes from the roman latin expression that covered all talk of foreigners as "bar-bar-bar-bar"

kinda like modern "blah-blah-blah" or "yadda-yadda-yadda"

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA LATIN WIMMUN AT

It comes from Greek, you tard

bodicea owns

She had more balls than her husband though and you can't really trust Roman sources on losses

>>Why do the Britbongs celebrate her so much
not at all.

the most you'll hear is her name would be in a year 7 history class

Gotcha yea that was the guy I was thinking of

>140 Ante Christum natum
>Not going full ríastrad

You are aware that the Roman empire was absolutely buttblasted by the Germanics, right?
So at least for the Cherusks and Goths in the show it makes sense.

The only ones who won any lasting victory were the ostrogoths and lombards and even the ostrogoths got eviserated by belisarius and the lombards got cucked by the pope and Charlemagne

SHIEEET

I would read/watch/play the shit out of that

>mfw Varus had huge tip-offs from Arminius' rivals about the trap at Teutoburger Forest but he still went in with inexperienced infantry and women and children
Fucking nepotism

also Hannibal is going to be portrayed as Black instead of an olive skinned mediterranean

The moment I saw they put Hannibal there I didn't even take the time to google the actor, I just fucking knew

>You are aware that the Roman empire was absolutely buttblasted by the Germanics, right?

lol

Rome didn't actually give a shit about Germania, a worthless frozen wasteland without natural resources like the metal rich Iberia or the grain productive North Africa. The Germanics only did some damage to Rome after Attila the Hun basically put the Empire on its knees, to the extent that to survive Rome had to ally with some Germanic tribes like the Goths and let them enter into its territory as foederati, which was ultimately their demise for the chaos inside its own borders that this produced. The sack of Rome, for example, was a product of Attila pushing the Germanic tribes westwards. Germanics by themselves would have never and were never a problem.

Do modern-day Negros not understand that white people lived in Africa?

Holy fuck that would be epic. A league of romes enemies cobsisting of hanabal boudica Spartacus and alaric and they sit around a table and plot the empires destruction

>The Germanics only did some damage to Rome after Attila
Alaric sacked Rome before Attila did shit, and 30 years before that the Romans couldn't do shit against a single Gothic army wandering around Thrace.

>Who ready for /Detroit Hannibal/

I can't believe they actually casted a black person for Hannibal.

>"History" channel.

Not only North Africans are not black, but Carthaginians (especially the ruling elite like Hannibal) weren't even of North African origin but Levantines of Phoenician origins.

This fucking triggers me, this pandering, denying reality to make delusional, crybullies slogan-shouting dindus feel better about themselves while shitting on actual History.

No, before Attila attacked Rome he pushed the Goths and other tribes (like the Alans) from Eastern Europe into the Roman Empire. The sack of Rome (and many other Roman cities in their voyage) was a desperate movement by the Goths and took Rome totally by surprise. The Goths travelled as a nomadic people in numbers that rised as much as 200.000 people and probably more (including children and women), when Rome realized about this they didn't have the time to match this numbers and stop them at time.

Real fucking impressive considering Atilla was 5 years old at the sack of Rome, and not even born at Adrianople (where the Roman army likely outnumbered the actual Gothic fighting men).

Meanwhile actual proper Romans like Julius Caesar could handle 250,000 Helvetii trying to force their way into Roman provinces, and just fucking kill them.

Oh, and Alaric sacked Rome THE SECOND TIME he besieged the city. What a fucking surprise attack that was! The reason they couldn't do shit is because the Roman state by that point was so degenerate it couldn't put a proper fucking field army out there even to save fucking Italy.

When will Sup Forumstards learn that just because a race isn't black doesn't make them white? There's more than two races. Not only were the Carthaginians not white, but technically neither were the Romans.

The Huns existed before Attila, they are the ones who pushed the Goths and the Alans inside the Roman borders.

>The Huns existed before Attila
Yes, but you didn't fucking say "The Huns." You said Attila.

>technically neither were the romans

this is why pol is popular.

>No Vercingetorix
baka

didn't Vercingetorix got raped by Caesar's legions?

Post it on Sup Forums

Farm (you)'s