/who/ - Doctor Who General

Horror of Fang Rock Edition

What do you think of the first Graham Williams era story? Is Reuben the Rutan a good villain?

Previous Autism: For god's sake leave all argument about what posts are cats/melanon in the old thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

throup.org.uk/images/doctor_who/BlankWho.png
digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a793663/wait-is-john-barrowman-teasing-a-doctor-who-comeback-as-captain-jack-harkness/
instinctmagazine.com/post/john-barrowmans-butt-photobombs-arrow-group-photo-nsfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We can't use this thread, because some people filter trips. Sorry dude.

I'LL MAKE THE NEW THREAD

Ah, crap. First time making one, can I just delete it?

Fuck 'em, use this thread anyway. I can understand if it was cats or fna but there is literally no reason to filter /who/tube.

No cats, they filter shitty trips. Everyone will find this thread just fine. Also thanks for reminding me to filter you again.

look at this little megalomaniac cunt

we might as well stop the thread editions, without Hinchcliff it's all downhill from here anyway.

Nice meme, reminder that the best Classic Who serial is Caves of Androzani.

There's still some good stuff coming up though, isn't there? Douglas Adams for one.

shit, FNA blocked me on twitter

i hope he knows i was only memeing last thread

We are pulling through to the GOAT Cartmel years if it kills you.

I can only let you meddle so far cats

cats get on steam

Trickshotting & Edits!

i'm on

>In the original script Clala was heavily pregnant after all the 'dreams' were over
>making stuff up
The original ending was her getting old.

>but there is literally no reason to filter /who/tube.
Aww. ;--;

Btw, if they make it far enough I'll totally do a "Vote for Davros and the Deep Space Deviants" vid.

*took my trip off for another board, oops

Murray Gold out when?

oh dang /who/tube. I never finished the DWG intro. I masked out the screen but never added any text or anything. I should get around to finishing that.

Why did someone ever think surfboards would make a good logo?

great thread

nice border
use this and try again
throup.org.uk/images/doctor_who/BlankWho.png

Everyone knows he's a faggot already, m8

No worries m8, I'm just impressed people actually make stuff. There's an animation-user with dank plans too.

Nice meme.

For 1st time, may watch BGT.

Thanks, it looks like the one I used originally was from that site but I just grabbed it from google images and thought it was good enough for /who/.

>implying it doesn't look like a surfboard
0/10

Everyone knows it's the football logo.

Use this one but change confidential to general.

No, after that.

Nope

Ok /who/ I have been gone for like since Tumblr won the /who/nger games, been busy with bloodborne and Dark souls 3 and you know putting my fingers in a bitch which I wouldn't recommend, but I notice that the new tenth doctor audios are coming out soon, so I guess its time to come back to /who/. how has everyone been, what's new?

Nothing much. Same old nonsense for the most part. We have a youtube channel now.
Also the new companion but you seem up to date on news so you probably saw that.

/who/ is shit now. Recently (like the last week or so) the shitposting has gone up to new levels. Also don't be surprised if someone accuses you of being Melanon, Cloister or cats for making a seemingly innocuous post.

6 DAYS
D
A
Y
S

GET HYPE

Yeah I saw the new companion, feeling ehhh about it but I'm sure she'll be fine, I doubt anyone will be worse than Amy for me. Hoping she is from the 80s so it is a bit different. gonna miss clala.

Well me saying I am going to miss clala should be a giveaway that I am not that person that I won't name.

Oh you could post "Hi" and they'd be all over you saying you're Cloister or a mong (or both), like retarded pigeons on a chip.

Oh and I also don't use big words to try and sound smart. I use a strict 3rd grade speech level. Wait what happened with Cloister?

I think it's literally just one guy who keeps calling everyone MelAnon. It's lame. It's ruined it for when he actually does show up.

Were you here when Melanon came back?

I was here when he came back after like a year and was talking about how the doctor smashing his hand against the wall wasn't gory enough and then the next night talked about how something was too extreme for a kids show or something.

>Wait what happened with Cloister?
Nothing. Some user thinks Belle doesn't exist or something and keeps calling everyone Cloister saying he "BTFO" his shitposting.

Haha yeah. He came back again saying that it wasn't shallow for people to watch Doctor Who only because they find the actor attractive. Be glad you missed that.

>>>/reddit/

Glad I missed it and kinda sad I did. Melanon is like that cousin you don't like being around but after they are gone you have funny stories to tell about them.

What?

>pic
I remember that. Why did anyone keep replying after he was so completely rekt by one post?

Yeah I don't know. . I think I went to bed when he posted "Back up my claims, don't be absurd"

>JUST FUCKING FUCK MY SHIT UP F-A-M.
>tfw you just know that Paul McGann will outlive every Doctor actor who has came after him so far

nice

What is the most kino episode of Doctor Who and why is it Kinda?

Is the 2010 Confidential logo any different, or just the standard "Doctor DW Who" one?

WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED TO TURN MY FILTER LIST OFF TO FIND A FUCKING THREAD?

>filtering based /who/tube
you deserve it desu

I filter every fucking /who/ trip because all of them are worthless cunts.

reminder that the first thing I'm going to do after winning the BF competition is DELETE THE FUCKING WIKI

I've already won, my story is about a black trans lesbian who becomes the doctor and her asian companion.

huh, mines about an asian bisexual doctor who becomes his black female companion.

wow, mines about a middle eastern gender neutral doctor who becomes xher gender-fluid homosexual companion Jack Harkness

Actually for being the first story under Williams, it still feels like the sort of thing Hinchcliffe would commission - do we know if GW signed off on it, or was it a situation like Tom inheriting leftover Pertwee scripts in S12?

H A P P E N I N G:

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a793663/wait-is-john-barrowman-teasing-a-doctor-who-comeback-as-captain-jack-harkness/

Pretty sure it was a holdover that Holmes had commissioned

I've heard that Uncle Terry really wanted to do a vampire story for the Hinchcliffe era but was vetoed because the BBC had a sexy vampire show going on around season 14 or so and thought Doctor Who and vampires would make fun of it or something

Dicks wrote this as a fun way of getting back at Holmes, since Dicks commissioned a historical script from him and he gave him Sontarans, and Dicks gives them the weakest silliest enemies (although he treats them seriously, just like Sontarans are a 'serious' alien treated for comedy)

Season 15 shows that Holmes was a lot more responsible for the 'dark' stuff than Hinchcliffe with the first 3 or 4 stories all being arguably as dark or darker than Hinchcliffe stuff

Dicks held on to the Hinchcliffe vampire idea for a while and pitched it to JNT when he took over, and it became State of Decay

Dicks is a truly underrated GOAT (and I dont even like the Pertwee era)

HAPPENED:

instinctmagazine.com/post/john-barrowmans-butt-photobombs-arrow-group-photo-nsfw

YOU'VE ALL LOST MINES ABOUT A LOSER WHITE WHY WHO FUCKS THE PAVEMENT

Go to bed RTD

Anybody wanna watch Horror of Fang Rock in cytube?

cytu dot be / r / thoraxtime

Why does nobody love six?

starting this soon

GET THE FUCK IN HERE /WHO/

Probably because they haven't heard any Evelyn stories.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Please Moffat.

masterpiece

Those Vatican guys in Managra, boy I tells ya

I just realized that Ayla from Chrono Trigger is basically the same character as Leela. And they're both my waifus.

Kek, someone put this on Boyish Numbers.

I support of a Frog companion

The Rutan looks like shit but everything else is pretty good. I'm really enjoying rewatching these stories, especially because this section because of how great Leela is. She's one of my all-time fav companions.

>cool, no-nonsense attitude
>sexy as hell
>smart
>loyal
>sexy as hell
>knows how to fight and protects her friends
>cute lack of understanding of civilized customs
>sexy as hell
You literally can't name a better Who waifu, don't even try.

Muh Ace tho

What is the Rutan actually made of? Just a big balloon with a bit of fuzz?

Too immature. I love Ace, but she's no Leela.

Just started watching The Green Death.
I was so happy to see The Brigadier again after so long away from UNIT, it was like reuniting with an old friend.
I'm getting much more Season 7 vibes than Season 9 with this one.
That elevator effect in episode 1 was dodgy as all hell.
Onto episode 2.

>That elevator effect in episode 1 was dodgy as all hell.
Oh just you wait.

Oh boy I love dodgy effects
Makes me wonder if people in the 70s thought they were dodgy too or if they were cutting edge gritty realism

It's the regular DW one with confidential written below it, nothing special about that font as far as I can tell but and no effects or anything with it.

>More dodgy lift effects in episode 2
The maggots or whatever look great

>I thought you liked blacks?
>Oh I do, I do. Some of my best friends are black. But when they get together in great numbers other lifeforms sometimes suffer.
What did he mean by this?

>tfw no Leela in The Five Doctors
She was fucking living on Gallifrey. There is no excuse.

>Doctor, what are the coordinates?
>Vector (1,9), quadrant 3

>Unidentified viral type infection at present seated in the mind-brain interface and therefore having no ascertainable mass or structure

>cloning someone means instantly creating an adult copy of them (and their clothes) that can only live for 10 minutes but it doesn't even care despite being fully conscious with all the personality of the original

who cares about jack

He's not wrong though

No, Jack is both based and beloved by all.

I don't think so

I think I'd be pretty hype to see Jack again. Especially since it's been so long.

I just want 12 to meet new characters that could become recurring. Fuck this bringing back River and Jack shit. Paternosters and fucking Osgood. Enough with the fanservice returns already.