youtube.com/watch?v=ijGsLniwWT0&t=03m40s
youtu.be/vGN73ufuc4U?t=6
youtu.be/e4Uq8O5ZhUA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ual0wSnY8qs
youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GRRM wrote a lot of season 1.
Season 6 is all D&D.

How'd that sniveling little shit become some hardcore zealot that will straight up murder you if you so much as take the lord's name in vain?

youtu.be/052t4wVwI2U?t=350

George stopped writing dialogue for the show.
Go on, play the Dany shits herself youtube clip again but you can't deny that since he stopped writing for the show things have gotten much worse. All the scenes with Tyrion are full of dead air and lousy dialogue now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ijGsLniwWT0&t=03m40s

Mark Addy was so chippy

yeah, his dialogue had a considerable drop in quality. You'd imagine that over the seasons with the experience he gained his jokes and quips would be even more subtle and witty. But nope, it went full on American low effort comedy.

listen to this

youtu.be/vGN73ufuc4U?t=6

and then compare it to this fucking shit

remember when they followed books almost to a letter in seasons 1-2 and it was the best shit ever? but then the red wedding happened and all the memers jumped in, since then this show has been absolute garbage

>breastplate stretcher
Is this the most common workplace joke?
My job at Michelin tire has a "rubber stretcher" and the bakery before that had new people go to find a bucket of steam to clean the mixing bowls.

what I noticed is that the "jokes" he makes in season 1 were kind of circumstantial.

Like "would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt".

It's a serious request but coated in humorous reference to his own height. He's not just making a joke for the joke's sake, there is actually a purpose behind it. All his dialogue was serious dialogue occasionally delivered in a playful manner.

Towards the later seasons the dialogue itself becomes unimportant and the joke is the subject of the dialogue itself.

>Towards the later seasons the dialogue itself becomes unimportant and the joke is the subject of the dialogue itself.
That's standard American humor.

And le funny dwarf man has always made lots of jokes.

Flanderization is going to be fun.

>Flanderization

Litterally what???

>The writing only matters when the quality of the little man's quips is in decline

youtu.be/e4Uq8O5ZhUA

They stopped ripping lines from the books. Dumb&Dumber are geniune hacks.

>Quirky trait used as an off-hand joke becomes a defining characteristic the longer the show runs

They become derivatives of their former selves

Dreadful hamfisted scene. Fuck D&D

Why did they stop with the blond hair?

was just about to say. That's typical flanderization because as soon as a tv-show becomes uber successful even the most retarded spectator needs to instantly understand what a character is about.

So Tyrion turns into "le funny dwarf man"

and Jon into "honorable hero who is always right"

and Ramsay "literally Hitler"

it means to exaggerate certain character traits that a character in a tv-show has up to a point where those traits consume the character and become their only defining characteristics.

tv tropes:
>For example, a character is intelligent, but in realistic levels, later he/she becomes extremely intelligent, being comparable to many famous scientists, or even exaggerated to the point of being able to build wondrous gadgets at his/her house.
> A character is kind of annoying but only infuriates those who are constantly nervous, later becomes incredibly annoying to almost anybody, to the point that the audience empathizes with those whom the character infuriates.
>A character has a favorite food like many people have, but later the love for that food is brought up all the time and the character becomes enamored with it to the point of addiction.

Or sending someone to a hardware store for a Long Stand

in the books he suffers serious wounds during battle of the blackwater. the high septon (the predecessor of the current one) was there throughout his recovery and he becomes really religious afterward.

no need for d&d to explain that though.

My cousin spent twenty minutes waiting on the the supply officer at his work because his boss sent him to get a "long weight". Dumbass, kek.

Seasons 1 and 2 were so comfy. How did the show get so shit?

Wasn't Robert Aramayo casted as Howland Reed initially. They really fucked up the cast, the guy portraying Howland Reed looks more like I imagined Ned.

>also the dornish guy?!? weren't they supporting targaryens

>How did the show get so shit?
Were in the midst of the SJW revolution, in the last year I was openly attacked on a couple of occasions for watching series that portray women in a badlight and discussing them with my colleagues. I never experienced that before.

Nah, it's worse than that even, S6E2 was was written by a guy who used to be D&D's assistant

Is this the Tower of Joy in the show? Why does it look like my backyard? where are the red mountains of Dorne? This chapter had powerful imagery in the books. Where is it?

>this guy is supposed to be le uber zealot for the Kings Landing pope

it makes no sense

>Is this the Tower of Joy in the show?
yes

It's really disgusting. But even to suggest that there's an SJW infection of film, shows, etc. makes you an evil MRA or whatever. It's a lot of bullshit, and it's only getting worse.

I signed off on it when davos said fuck.

When I was 16 I got sent off to buy spirit level bubbles. They told me to go to the sandwich shop next door and I thought it was an obscure soft drink.

The books made it seem more south, close to Dorne with red mountains in the background. That part always stuck with me. It was near poetic in the books.

Is there anything SJW about the show, though?

It just has a... realistic amount of women combatants.

Nonexistant. They also change the fight to be 6 on 2 instead of 7 on 3 thereby removing the symbolism (the 7 kingdoms vs a "3 headed dragon") and chop up the dialogue for no real discernible reason.

>also change the fight to be 6 on 2 instead of 7 on 3 thereby removing the symbolism
There were 3 kingsguard there.

>working with such a beautiful scenery,
>getting picshit in the show

could have been shot in a trailer park ffs.

this is getting worse from episode to episode, also the tyrion cringe dialog, wtf?

Except they do explain it. He gets worked on hard with guilt for the incest and regicidal conspiracy with Cersei.

The show has gone full Facebook mode.

Not in the show.

nope only two. and yes although they were shooting at what user posted, you never see the actual architectural dominance of the tower as seen in his picture, the way they portray it, it looks like a small structure.

Fuck this shit pisses me off so much. The dialogue of this scene is some of the best in the books, the imagery and description is perfect and they goddamned massacred it.

They really only needed to copy and paste from the books and they even fucked that up.

I didn't read the books but that shit was really underwhelming in the show. Also the introduction to milkdud euron, wtf?!?

the whole scene

youtube.com/watch?v=Ual0wSnY8qs

casting Neil Patrick Harris for young Ed was a mistake IMHO

Realistic based on what? Medieval times? Please, that was 1/100000.

Is it too late too get into this? Should I start the books or the show first?

tfw no eyepatch

Realistic by modern times.

Even if it's moving into the point where there are more women than men in it.

FUCKEN YOUTUBE WITH THIS SHIT 502 ERROR

GIVE ME MY FUCKING MEMES

FOOOR FREEEEEEEEEEE

Tbh, it's really not that bad. The guy playing Ned actually looks like a younger Ned, unlike spergords on Sup Forums claim. The battle began very weak, but got better the less people were involved. best part was ned vs dayne. Even the music from brienne vs the hound started playing, and that was pretty great.

Wow you clearly don't know what you're talking about

That's one of the later problems of the show. When they only had limited sets, they chose angles and framing to make it look like something bigger than the set. When they got actual full locations like the water gardens they relied too much on the actual dimensions and feel of the locations and forgot that this doesn't always translate 1:1 on film. Simply filming reality doesn't even look real, just lackluster.

wtf, why is she screaming is she being raped?

He becomes religious, but he's a pious pussy, not a fucking ISIS recruit.

In modern times women should be over half since women are so great and go to college more.

you sound retarded and your shit is whack mate

>That's standard American humor.

oh fuck off eurocunt

>muh refined taste

The writing of the dialogues went to shit since season 3 if not 2. Dany is a good example for that.

no

she is giving birth

(farts)

My dad used to work construction on houses and buildings. They would fuck with the newbies by telling them to get the "plank stretcher" or the "skyhook."

For a second there, i thought Neil Patrick Harris was in GoT and i almost threw up.

Looking back now the show looked noticeably cheaper back then

It's not even just his dialogue...now he's just walking around wondering what to do. I'd rather they don't do scenes with him for a couple episodes and then come back to him when something is about to happen.

Does anyone else miss Robert?

That's my problem with the entire show after season one. I dropped it during the second season, but I've seen most of the 5th and 6th so far because my gf likes it, and other than lots of people dying nothing ever seems to really happen. People wander around, they suffer terrible violence, plot and scheme abut it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere. You could probably edit the entire 10 hour season into 6-7 solid episodes at the very least

what did he mean by this?

>People wander around, they suffer terrible violence, plot and scheme abut it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere.

the fuck are you talking about, nothign happens, the white walkers are coming.

>Ive made a huge mistake

He meant that everyone who goes against jon is evil.

Like that who got about ten lines since he was found, but had a face like he was trying to kill them with his mind.

read the books you illiterate

You're so much smarter than everyone around you user

>the white walkers are coming.

they've been coming since episode 1 user, they've been coming for seven years ffs. the fatman will die before they come.

kek
Euron's gonna be new super-evil-crazy-bogeyman once Ramsey dies

They were coming 6 seasons ago. Jon was at the wall 6 years ago, Dany was getting dragons, Lannisters scheming, Stark's suffering; its the exact same shit but different circumstance.

or telling someone to buy a pan with holes

>rewatching S1

Cersei and Bobby having real talks
>Then what's holding the seven kingdoms together
>our marriage
>both start laughing their asses off

Fuck I miss those days

>fuck

Who cares if there are more women in a TV show if there's no overt political agenda that goes along with it? It's a minor change

Book one was the best

First season was the best.

>"We had an assistant named Dave Hill," said Benioff and Weiss. "One day last summer he walked into our office and said, 'You know that kid (Olly) whose family gets massacred by the wildlings? The one who runs to Castle Black to let them know the wildlings are nearby?' 'Yeah?' 'Well,' said Dave, doesn't it make sense that he'd stay at Castle Black and become a Night's Watch recruit? Where else is he going to go?' 'You're right,' we said. 'That does make sense.' 'And what if during the battle for Castle Black, he's the one who ends up killing Ygritte?' This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show."

You can't make this shit up

“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

This shit right here, it perfectly captures the mood of the circumstances and where the characters are and why they do the things they do.

he didn't hang so good

Tartan paint, square O rings.

If the plot keeps moving at a snails pace with stupid filler the end after the 12 eps of s7 will feel like either an asspull or incomplete.

surprised they didnt butcher it more in the show.

It was actually good, apart from the fucking retarded two wielding

I honestly am starting to think that some of these changes are made only to annoy or insult people who read/ enjoyed the books.
There was literally no reason to have Hightower not at the tower, for one of Ned's northman friends to have a turban, or for Dayne to be a capoeira master.
They could have even killed off Hightower a few seconds in like they did with Whent.
Am I supposed to believe hiring another extra for a few seconds would make any difference to D&D?
Then they literally namedrop Gerald Hightower in the next fucking scene, there's no way D&D aren't doing this just to be cunts
It's the most iconic scene in the series, so much so that I knew what was happening the moment I saw the guy sharpening his sword, I see no other reason for them to make such changes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q
>inb4 autist deal with it

UH ACTUALLY I THINK YOULL FIND THAT PEOPLE DID IN FACT DUAL WEILD SWORDS IN HISTROY OK I PLAYED DARK SOULS I KNOW MY FACTS

This is the reason I could never wholeheartedly like Bobby B desu, his cruel side against Lannisters and Targs although somewhat deserved was too much for me to accept.

>dragons, magic, zombies
>DUAL WIELDING IS FUCKING RETARDED UNREALISTIC SHIT

>I honestly am starting to think that some of these changes are made only to annoy or insult people who read/ enjoyed the books.

I hope this is true, it would make not being a pathetic sperg all the more rewarding.

>It was actually good, apart from the fucking retarded two wielding
Yeah, there's a gif further up with a few vids of how horrific and faked it looks.

It's moving into levels of choreography where it becomes clear that both sides are working together to make even half it look right.

Otherwise they would have just bonked the bastard on the head.

theres a sense of realism in that its based in a medieval-esque world you fucking faggot, theres a difference

Is this scene regarded shit on /got/? I really liked it desu, the acting may be eh but he's driven over the edge. Isn't it the same in the books?

Dad was a mechanic. Would tell the new guys to get the belt stretcher.

I worked in a pc repair shop, we would tell the new guys to go get a bag of replacement pixels.

that's true
another thing I don't get is why people always complain about how Littlefinger and some other characters teleport
IT'S FANTASY YOU DUMMIES, YOU CAN DEAL WITH DRAGONS BUT NOT TELEPORTERS?
I just don't understand these guys, and their silly desire for an understandable set of rules in a FUCKING FANTASY SERIES lmao

>Sense of realism

and it's the two fucking swords thing that breaks the reality of the world over all the other shit? THAT'S where you drew the line.

Probably one less guy used to make the fight easier to follow
Probably added turban man because it looked cool

Seriously though, getting mad over changes this minor is definitive autism

Explain how the acting was bad in that scene. Yeah it's not award winning but it certainly didn't fall flat either.