Are you ready for the age of vidyashit?

Are you ready for the age of vidyashit?

*vidyakino

> M rated video game
> PG-13 hollywood blockbuster

no thanks

Please stop making this thread, I beg you.

why are video game movies exclusively bad? there are stories out there, that would be pretty neat in a film, but they fuck it up every time.

I hope to god this movie stays away from the futuristic crap that the games have and just stays in period

> interactive medium
> remove interactivity

thats why

I have had news

Its obviously a talent problem

JESUS CHRIST

is it really gonna be PG-13?

so there is no way to tell the story of solid snake without hiding in a box and shooting people? thats hard to believe.

The sci-fi concept is what attracted Fassbender to the role in the first place.

The Assassin's Creed games never deserved an M-rating in the first place. They're not particularly violent.

Why? I loved all the sci-fi shit. It gave it structure and a cooler lore.

Well, what do you think? You really think they would make it R? This ain't the 90's, son. If it is R, I'll be very, very surprised.

God dammit... hopefully it works better on film then in the games because I hated that shit

Agreed

Oh screw off. The games take place in HISTORY. HISTORY is rated R. It's gonna be bullshit if they tone it down.

well after the success of dodpool and the new wolverine being r, i hope more movies are going for it.

>he shoots people in MGS
lel

And well, there isn't. Especially not for MGS where interactivity lets you do and discover tons of things.
Something like Call of Duty you can adapt to the screen though.

Because its literally just a gimmick to make sense of all the UI and gamy elements of the game

Why though? I thought the concept of the animus and genetic memory and shit was cool as fuck.

Asscreed has been in production for longer than Deadpool, unfortunately. If it came out a year from now I would say maybe.

Yes they are, but it's not only for the violence, there are ocasional sex scenes and some language, specially on the modern day sections.

Noboby wants a movie where everyone says "damn", "crap", "screw you". Real people swear.

>movie about ASSASSINS
>toned down violence and fade to black kills

AC was a M rated game because there was some blood in it and they talked about religion and shit. Keep this in mind.

i am more the hiding in a box kind of guy. I get what you are saying about the discovering stuff. There is a ton of stuff like that in mgs. I think dungeon sieges story would have been great in a good movie.

I'll be ok with it if the leave out all the "2012 END OF DAYS THE OLD GODS ARE TIME TRAVELING TO BRING ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE" bullshit that it turned into post-AC2.

>Altair and other assassins wear white
>Movie has them wearing brown

WHY DOES HOLLYWOOD FUCK EVERYTHING UP!?

Ok maybe you liked it I didn't.

They do such a good job creating a feel in period and then your taken out of it by all that crap

Not everyone wore white. Did you only play the first game you fuck?

No it wasn't, it gave structure and reasoning behind the story. The modern day templar story contrasting with the historical story was cool. I liked the concept of reliving your ancestor's memories. If you removed that it would just be ninjas doing ninja stuff for no reason.

No there was also language, and the violence was pretty R. You realize it's a game about ASSASSINS right?

You could dye your robes, this is a minor detail and not inconsistent.

Fassbender's name will go to shit after X-Men and this turd come out. Now the Fassbinder name will return to its former glory.

They quit wearing white a few games ago.

Nah, man, they changed it throughout the years.

No it won't, the dude mixes artistic films with blockbusters, he's gonna be fine.

The sci-fi elements are actually sound. It was an interesting idea at its inception.
What actually "takes you out of it" is retarded shit like drinking potions to recover your synchro rate. The writers that continued the story after AC1 had literally no idea what the first game was going for and actually reduced the sci-fi element to a justification for seeing UI. Also aliens I guess.

Well potions would make fuck all sense in a movie, so I imagine they took that out

What will save him?

in the movie the main character won't get fucked over by shitty controls or the combat system, or jumping in a direction he didn't want to. No need for potions.

His next three movies are gonna be directed by Ridley Scott, Terrence Malick, and the dude who did Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

he'll be fine.

I don't like the setting desu.

as much as I hated AC 3, Connor's outfit is really fucking nice

The focal point of MGS games has always been the story. Do the story right, have a 10 second carboard box scene and 90% of fans would be happy.