Petition to stop Disney from paying critics

change.org/p/rotten-tomatoes-stop-disney-from-paying-critics?recruiter=538942757&utm_source=petition_show&utm_medium=copylink

There is growing evidence Disney has been continually paying critics to attack Non MCU movies. MCU movies are safe. They're not challenging at all. Just like a comic book movie is "supposed to be". They're not divisive or thought provoking. First they bashed Batman V Superman.They cleared BvS out of the way, gave Civil War (which wasn't a perfect film) an Oscar, now they're going to work on moving Apocalypse out the way...then they get offended when they're accused of accepting gifts. Films like Days Of Future Past did receive good reviews due to the fact it came out in 2014 when there was hardly any competition from MCU films. Had the movie been released in 2015 against Ant-Man it would have gotten the Man of Steel treatment. Deadpool would have also suffered the same fate however it was released in February when there was no MCU movies being released at the time and was not an immediate threat. Films like the Force Awakens which essentially just a modern day rehash of the First Star Wars also get universal praise since Disney acquired the rights.We need to raise awareness of this global plan to keep our films creative or risk have everything fall under the Disney label. Each studio brings their own distinctive and creative work and Disney needs to stop being greedy and understand this. Support DC and keep Marvel at Fox.

Why haven't you signed it yet?

>There is growing evidence Disney has been continually paying critics to attack Non MCU movies.

Really, where is it?

We should have a petition for critics to re-evaluate their reviews for BvS because it deserves way better

why petition? simply do not read critics. make up your own mind whether you want to see a movie or not by the product itself and if it sucks or you do not find the film to your liking, do not return to see films by that production team.

oh wait, i misinterpreted the intent of this petition. you mean Disney is paying critics to bash superhero movies? i'm okay with that.

>goobergate attacking Disney now
*sigh*

Reminder

This petition is proof.

>online petition
That's about what I expected from Snyder apologists.

Your have to go back.

Jesus, did a butthurt 8th grader write that summary?

Don't worry guys, I think we're in the bargaining phase. Shouldn't be too long now until these nerds can accept their film was bad.

if the other studios are too broke or dumb to be doing the same thing they deserve to have Disney kick their ass

>evidence
Nothing more than personal opinion. A movie they liked received negative reviews. Movies they don't like received positive reviews. There is absolutely no way that can be so it must be a conspiracy.

Is there any """""LEGITIMATE""""" evidence that this stuff happens

This is fucking pathetic. No one is paying critics, a lot of critics just happen to be Marvel fanboys so they don't realize that Marvel movies are just as mediocre as all other capeshit

>they don't realize that Marvel movies are just as mediocre as all other capeshit

Most Marvel films receive mediocre scores.

>Thor 77% 6.7 avg
>Thor 2 66% 6.2 avg
>Hulk 67% 6.2 avg
>Iron Man 2 72% 6.5 avg
>Iron Man 3 79% 7 avg
>Ultron 75% 6.7 avg
>Capt 80% 6.9 avg
>Antman 80% 6.9 avg

Sup Forums is full of retards that don't know how to read the real scores

DELET THIS

Nice trips and fucking this.

They've had several bombs recently. Not just little ones. I don't know about Tommowland but I know John Carter and Lone Ranger cost a shitload of money and got very little back.

Is this a joke? What do you think this petition will accomplish?

Let's say Disney IS paying reviewers (they aren't they don't need to when they follow such a safe formula with their movies), you think a couple hundred neckbeard signatures will get them to admit to all wrongdoing and cease immediately? Like seriously you can't be for real.

The prophecies were true. An army of angels shall rise from the earth.

>There is growing evidence Disney has been continually paying critics to attack Non MCU movies.
Where? If there was, it would have blown up then. You can't keep that evidence secret.

do they even have proof of anything they're saying?

the worst part is that they're not even embarrassing themselves but anyone that holds similar opinions on movies, as well as the studios releasing the movies

b-b-but m-muh perfect plan
m-muh sacrifice

>BvS
>thought-provoking
I don't

Not saying they do or don't pay critics or anything, but it could be argued that Disney likes its franchises (as much as anyone else), and that stand-alone films aren't as much of an investment that it's worth the risk.

So you only want success some of the time not all of the time? You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know how the world works, let alone the microwave.

This thread's topic is retarded and you are its king.

John Carter alone could have been a major franchise opportunity. It was a pure blunder. I'm sure heads were chopped on that one.

Again, don't know about Tomorrowland and it's losses but it lost a lot and had a very respectable director behind it.

Lone Ranger is the only one I could see them just going with it for the tax write off. It was wholly uninspired but had a shitload of money.

You're more concerned with success when there's more money and prestige on the line. And if they're capable of the very low kind of cunning it takes to bribe critics, then you're capable of realizing that maybe giving all your movies good scores is a bit obvious. Again, not saying they do or don't, just that the particular argument presented doesn't hold up.

Disney doesn't need to pay reviewers when they're biased and are more forgiving of their faults

*probably lost a lot

>movies from 2 years ago

>Our favorite franchise failed because the other team CHEATED

Is there anything more pathetic than this? Why don't you see people defending Superman Returns in the same way? That was a minor flop and got mixed reviews too.

>Gave Civil War an Oscar

What the fuck are you talking about?

HAHAHAHAHA

ENJOY YOUR 28% DC KEK. HAHAHAHA I'M DONE

Disney didn't know about bribing two years ago?

I try to avoid anything Disney related these days. I might see their movies again if they stop shitposting here

It happens everywhere.

>my favorite team lost because the opposing team CHEATED

I'm no /spee/ or sports fan in general but just look at that inflate-gate thing. The lengths people will go to has no bounds when a team, or company in this case, keeps winning.

People know that Disney isn't a govt. right? You can petition all you want,but holds no legal weight.

Even if they're not getting paid their stupidity and bias has to be exposed.

What's your evidence is there an article somewhere?

Sup Forums here. Disney is not giving bloggers envelopes of cash for positive press. Like gaming journalism, they'll easily take exclusive coverage info, extra goodies in a gift bag, and passes to film premiers with free refills & shit.

>DCEU movies have been complete and total dogshit, in their entirety, with the one shining exception being TDK
>obviously this means disney is paying critics

what

With game's journalism, the problem is every video game reviewer subsists entirely upon ad revenue from video game publishers.

This just isn't the case for movie reviews.

>when local companies buy yelp reviews off craiglist but multi-billion disney isn't paying off critics

Marvel movies & TFA was also shit, but certified fresh shit.

what?

>DC and their fans: hurr fuck the Marvel
>DCeU movies looks like shit
>b-b-b-but muh symbolism, it was Disney!

I'm not opening that link but a question for those of you that have? How many drooling idiots have actually signed this petition? Is there anyway to name and shame them?

>Marvel & their fans: Hurr fuck DC
>Marvel movies still look like the same soul-less forgettable shit that has the longevity of a newly purchased toy only to be shoved away when the newer toy comes out.
>b-b-but muh RT score!

What's the context of your gif?

Who cares.

You should watch and form your own opinion.

>what's your evidence that boxing isn't fixed
>what's your evidence that hospitals are pushing medication that only creates more issues than resolves.

So... Is anyone going to produce some actual evidence at some point?

because they weren't billion IPs

You can keep on posting it and you can keep on getting the same reply

False equivelancy user. You still need to produce some evidence if you want to convince someone that reviewers are being paid

Heres the thing though. marvel movies and TFA acknowledge they're shit. In the movie. Which lets the audience know they're supposed to be laughing at (and with) the movie. Which leads people (and critics alike) to laugh off flaws.

Snyder thinks hes making high art. So when his movies are examined on that level, they're dogshit. And since the movies are dead serious, all anyone can feel is agonizing embarrassment for everyone involved.

What if this Petition and rumor was actually created by WB to hurt Marvel. DC is paying Grace Randolph after all. Might be the next big marketing. If you suck and the other company doesn't fuck up start a half assed smear campaign to drag them down. Make it look like the fans demand it. After all WB didn't expect BvS to suck when they pulled the Embargo on the Day of release.

Disney has been known to treat critics with holiday trips and such for good reviews in the past, that said i dont believe they paid critics to trash BvS, only that the MCU has set an idea on what superhero films are meant to be and films that shine away from that tend to be looked down upon in a negative light.

>movie with review embargo and simutanious international release gets poor reviews

>this means another company is paying reviewers

uh

well, yea, if press screenings and shit count as "paying reviewers," I guess there is a valid point there.

Substantiate those rumours with some evidence user

People need to start producing and distributing their film and television from England even if it is filmed in America. Hollywood is too biased. Ok sure there may not be proof that anyone is buying reviews, but it has become apparent what is bait for good reviews and awards. BAFTA seems to be less prudish about rewarding good achievment. For example Bafta TV gave Misfits an award for drama or comedy or something. While Bafta Film nominated Ex Machina for best film. Could you envision IASIP ever winning an Emmy or Ex Machina being nominated for Best Picture? I may sound like the related picture, but I think media would be free from the biases present in Hollywood if they were based somewhere else.

THE DARK KNIGHT set the standard for what DC movies should/could be. Meaning the problem DC is facing right now is zack fucking snyder.

Disney basically owns the capeshit market these days. They also hate the fact that they don't own the rights to the x-men movies

Yes pretty much this

Critics are greased up with press junkets while shills are paid and fanboys do it for free. Thanks to the rise of social media those lines have become blurred. Internet movie reviewers on youtube and facebook and twitter etc. With that being said, real actual critics and real actual shills still exist.

What rumors. This whole discussion is BS. People are mad at WB because they fuck up again and again. But you can't really blame Snyder. He's just a dog doing dog things. A special person. So fanvoys start hating the guys who succeed and do a good job. Like Marvel. Acting the way niggers did in africa. If your neighbor has a better house than you destroy his house. Instead of evolving fuck up other peoples shit. Bravo WB.

>you can't really blame Snyder

Yes, you can blame a whore for sucking cock for money.

>Heres the thing though. marvel movies and TFA acknowledge they're shit. In the movie. Which lets the audience know they're supposed to be laughing at (and with) the movie.

>It's okay for a movie to be shit so as long it fires more winks and nods than Larry Craig soliciting gay sex in a airport bathroom. As well packed up the ass with camp.

Oh hello Bob Potatochipsman, so glad you could join us.

>camp
you have no idea what this word means.

>le gamergate boogeyman may may.
Here's your you

Even the king of DC's little hill, the dark knight, fired well measured winks and nods at the audience.

This post sets off my spider-senses.

My dick is going to camp inside your rectum, squirt.

I can't follow.

Something about it caught my attention.

I'm all for the exposure of conspiratorial trends amongst media industries, but where is the EVIDENCE?

Burden of proof, OP.

why are DCucks butthurt about the reviews

the movie is still there and theyre still making a sequel, why the fuck do you care

Nice try with occams razor. But no it doesn't stand to reason Disney needs to bribe to combate what would be the jeb bush of dceu. They make safe bets and they are a business . you can't blame a business to make money making safe bets.

>dat projecting on their movies.
We get dc is souless

I would say they are shit if they are getting ratings like they are. They are written like comics so your getting comic book expierence. They aren't made to be high brow they are made to be like a cpmic. An escapism entertainment.

your evidence

>Trump for president 2016!

Heres your you.
Also that just shows review scores.

Those are all great movies you got there Marvel friend. I like all of them. Which one is your fav? How much did you enjoy Civil War?

:^)

>A series of movies that found a formula where casual viewers can enjoy the movie

I forgot that Sup Forums wants movies that are DEEP and PHILOSOPHICAL like Batman V Superman

It's entirely possible, but so far it looks like butthurt of dcucks without any evidence

All those movies range from 6.0 rating to 8.0. The majority of them are in the 6.0 to 7.0. That's an average score for a movie. Which shows the MCU is competent at making comic book movies, what you see is what you get with Marvel movies. Stop looking at the percentage score. Those numbers are hardly impressive. What's impressive is that they've been able to keep their movies on a great average rating of 6.0 to 8.0.

Also, that's not evidence. If Disney is paying critics, they're not paying them enough to give them such average scores.

>only 500 needed

Don't give a fuck about Marvlel or DC but you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than that OP

He means you need go back to pol.

Why can't Warner also attempt to buy reviews? Why is Disney the only one doing this?

Anybody who denies the very obvious existence of astroturfing and paid shills is laughably gullible or a paid shill

this desu

luls that dc fags are this mad about Civil war getting a good score on rt and bvs getting a shit score.

Sorry that DC has always been shit and forever will be. Go back to your shitty animated movies.

>believe my butthurt accusation without evidence or hear my autismal rage

Signed

>why are DCucks butthurt about the reviews
Because their movie didn't get good ones, so they can't validate their opinion on the film by using others' as a basis.