Silicon Valley

I can barely watch this show without pausing it for a second to process how frustratingly hilarious/sad it is when these characters say the worst fucking things at the worst fucking times.

I wonder if the show would just be boring if all of their problems weren't so perfectly contrived from small misunderstandings and stubbornness.

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/02/12/before-you-get-too-excited-about-that-github-study/
youtube.com/watch?v=1KaWPYOLuT8
youtube.com/watch?v=vParUo90fn4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Hey Danesh nice chain, do you choke your mother with it when you put your penis in her butthole
>What the fuck?

Mike Judge is incredible.

>so perfectly contrived from small misunderstandings and stubbornness.
you mean just like real life.

And this is how you know it's on HBO.

The writing is so perfect.

Yeah, you're right. Everything works in to each other so much better than in real life, even if that means bad things happen.

>"Did you just say yarrr?"
>"umm, no."

Only thing I didn't like from the latest episode was Rich tripping over and dropping his papers. It's unbelievable that he could be so stupid. Like even though his plan was to shred the documents at the office, it would have been so easy for someone to see what he was shredding. It was just dumb.

>"ahh, hiroki san"
>"arigatou gozaimaaasu"

the line readings in this show are so awesome.

>Richard
>not being a sperg

pick one

The war trick Jared mentioned is literally delivering false information into your enemy's hands.

This is pretty much the only good show HBO has ever had

I really need a linkend account...

>tales from the crypt (okay I just liked the crypt keeper portions)

>sopranos

>got

>..
yeah thats it.

Holy shit I just remembered I missed last weeks episode

google Meinertzhagen's Haversack

Richard dropped the plans on purpose.

why doesn't anyone at Hooli mention the game changing robot arm again? the tech required for that monkey arm would revolutionize several fields at once

>got
kek

Is it still sexist af?

they explained it on the show? Their Meinertzhagen's Haversack wasn't dropping the plans, it was pretending to be miserable so as not to arouse suspicion.

The drop has to be genuine or else the joke at the end of the show doesn't work.

Its fun. That's good enough for me.

it would also generate billions in revenue for Hooli and would make the compression stuff insignificant by comparison

Mike Judge is a much more clever writer than you are giving him credit for friend.

Also racist because there are no black people in it.

he didn't write the episode.

Shows don't go episode to episode.
They have a outline for the entire serie already written.

Well I take that back then. It definitely seems a lot less stupid now, thanks for clarifying.

He is the showrunner, he is fully aware of the full season arc.

He is still the creator and has the overall story line planned out senpai. All the significant plot shifts have been hashed out long ago.

>the most popular code is written by women
I don't even understand this level of delusion.

I could buy the most popular code being a womans.

>woman writes code
>a bunch of neckbeards download it to try and pick it apart

it's a misinterpretation of a Github study that revealed women have more of their code committed than men, but only if their gender isn't publicly known:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/02/12/before-you-get-too-excited-about-that-github-study/

I don't know about "popular" but the first programmer was a woman. quit bitching.

I just saw that scene and I can't stop laughing. Best writing ever.

right but this is written pretty clearly to show meinfraulein's ballsack was their intended deception, not him dropping shit by accident.

that's what the viewer is supposed to think in any case
it's not a stretch to think they'd have created an intrigue within their plan to make it stronger or something
regardless we'll find out next week

don't know whether i should tell my bro about the plan including dropping the plans, adds another level of genius to a fantastic episode, but the reveal in-show might be more fun not having known about it beforehand

Because Nucleus was the marketing buzzword and the middle-out algorithm was what the VCs want to hear about. Also the algorithm would be market ready in a couple years, whereas the robot arm is a fantastic scientific achievement but won't be market ready for decades. Welcome to Silicon Valley.

Where is bighead at?

Living the good life with $20m. I'm jealous, he's literally me.

He started his own incubator. It was in next week's preview.

...you missed an '0'

or should I say, Chekhov's $200 million...

Let's toast to that over some Tres Comas

>I am sad one of the main characters isn't a woman

Which character is she talking about?

I kind of want Jared to be a woman

but the guy they brought in to head half the department was there for less than a month and had a functioning mind controlled robotic limb

the medical and military applications are staggering and given another 2-3 months they would be even further ahead

that Mullholland Drive actor was so great:

youtube.com/watch?v=1KaWPYOLuT8

I wish cunts like that woman would get their skulls caved in with crescent wrenches

but still, the kiko shit does make a lot of Belsons failings irrelevant

You're missing the point. One of the main motifs in the show is that whatever's hip and marketable tends to be favored over what's actually useful. It's a satire.

Ten years minimum before the FDA would even allow human trials.

but still, they shouldve used something less revolutionary

why would the FDA be involved? there are no drugs involved

Maybe they just thought a monkey jerking off and throwing shit would be funny.

and also no surgery

There's a monkey involved though.

Same way that YT comment made it to the top.

so they throw game changing tech into the mix for a poop joke and then disregard it? shit writing

It was a comedic take on the priorities of tech giants. Get the stick out of your ass.

I was in fucking tears when Jared talked about his "trick" on last weeks episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=vParUo90fn4

Do you ever want Medicare to pay for it? Then it has to get FDA approval, wheelchairs are an example.

If the part about CA law is true, it pisses me the fuck off that they can't evict people who don't pay rent. Like, maybe a month or two of not paying rent I can understand but basically living for free for that long and the owner having no recourse until a trial rubs me the wrong way. I guess after a trial in favor of the owner, the tenant would owe all the back rent.

You know what pisses me off? Absentee landlords jacking up rents, withholding deposits, etc. I'm glad some states put protections in for the renter.

Do renters not sign leases that guarantee specific rent amounts and deposit terms? Those kinds of things should be read over and held on to.

The landlord isn't free of those contracts himself, including the applicability of local law.

I'm saying some local laws are bullshit. That said, the guy did mention how tech people in that area are fucking up prices for rent.

>I'm saying some local laws are bullshit.
You shouldn't rent anything out in those places then.

Fuck you

>cunt like that woman spotted

>getting triggered this hard by women
grow a pair, dude.

>meinfraulein ballsack

Ugh, I can't even

you cant get what isnt there. a broke tenant isnt gonna give jack shit. the landlord is gonna get nothing but bills to fix all the damage that the shithead tenant did to the property.

Snyders Sourdough are fucking GOAT pretzels! Jang Yi confirmed for best chinaman.

>This is fucking amazing. I feel like I'm in "Minority Report."
>And in reality, you're just a minority.
Fucking Gilfoyle

I think they started laying it on a little thick with the contrived drama in the second season. When you binge it, you see it's pretty formulaic with the

>things are going great
>shit, there's a new problem that's going to really be the end of Pied Piper for sure
>wait, there's some last minute solution/savior.

I know that every show has to have drama, but I liked it a little more the first season when it was just about the weirdness of the tech world and Richard made normal mistakes like forgetting to check on the name Pied Piper, and not mistakes based on sperging out. Still, almost every character is great and it's really the only show I look forward to these days.

Some of you guys are alright, don't go to Pied Piper tomorrow.