Best movies to watch high

Lets make a Sup Forums approved list of the very best movies you can watch while being under the marvelous influence of cannabis.

These next movies are a complete bliss to watch stoned for me.

1- 12 Monkeys
2- Vanilla Sky
3- The Game (1997)
4- It Follows
5- Drive
6- Donnie Darko
7- American Psycho
8- Angel Heart (1987)
9- Fight Club
10- The Matrix

That would be my top 10, while i can give a honorable mention to "Inception" i feel like that movie is just a soft, washed attempt at mindfucking, while most of the movies listed succeed in doing so with beautiful narratives, photography and plot.

As most of my selected movies reveal, im completely obsessed with alternate realities, paralel universes and psychological thrillers with deep plot twists that not always appeal to all audiences, but under the effects of weed makes you ponder and contemp for hours after you end the films.

Looking foward to see that other little gems some of you might hide.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/81875587
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any movie is fun to watch high, that's the point of getting high, fucking idiot

/thread

Maybe i should rephrase for the more stupid ones, forgot your kind also dwelve around.

You see, we all know everything is more fun while high, and you are completely right: Any movie will be fun to watch after a joint, but im specifically asking for *Your very best movies*

I gave you my top 10, that doesnt mean i have only seen 10 movies high, but these particular set was extremely pleasant and fun.

So, autistic manchild, i ask again in a fashion that your brain might grasp this time:

What 3 movies did you really enjoyed while being high?

I said 3 but dont burn your little head overthinking it, one single movie is fine too.

Movies from the 60s or set in the 60s.

DUDE

typical example of a gay thread full of faggots

Thanks for your useful insight and appreciated contribution to the thread, you can leave now.

WEED

westerns are good

LMAO

old technicolor films are god-tier when stoned

Inherent Vice, 2001, Enter the Void, idk what else

Never really thought about that genre, will give it a try!

3 is fine, thanks for the suggestions! Some of them look promising

>So, autistic manchild, i ask again in a fashion that your brain might grasp this time
>implying this thread isn't garbage and the movies you listed aren't pleb shit

I like how hard OP is trying to hide that he fits every stereotype in the book

>mfw im waiting for a call to get my shit and I go to the store for a drink and see two faggy hipsters buy dutch wraps as I smell the dank seeping out of their pocket

I honestly felt a strong urge to attack them. I know they're unwinding down after their normie day but weed seems the only thing keeping me in form.

You might wanna be a bit more discreet about the buttblast.

Thread is garbage, every single movie listed is pleb shit yet you are here, isn't that wonderful?

Have a nice day, or at list try to.

You got me! great job detective!

ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES

There is no other answer. A bunch of fun, varied settings. A clear plot to follow. The most hilariously awesome villain of all time in the Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman).

You have terrible taste

I can think of more than ten movies off the top of my head that are better high than anything you've mentioned:

Fantastic Planet
Enter the Void
Holy Mountain
Heavy Metal or Time Masters or any Mœbius work
Animatrix
The Fly remake (or anything by Cronenberg)
Anything by John Carpenter
Anything by Lynch, but especially Eraserhead

This shit:
vimeo.com/81875587

Any award-winning animated art shorts really. This is how you get the most out of being stoned. Please try to do better in the future.

true

Mmm, interesting set you got here Sir. While i usually think low of Lynch fans (have seen all his films, utter shit) , i will make a pass this time and check out your list.

Thanks.

why did you watch all of his movies if you hate them?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

>that fedora list
Kill yourself, Seth

How am i supposed to form an opinion then? Just hating for the sake of hating is not really my style.

The door is open, bye bye.

I was really high with my friend and we watched this recent James Franco flick 'The Adderall Diaries'

GEEKED out at one scene and I had to crawl out of the living room laughing/crying

>Sir

If you watched one or two, maybe three of his film I could understand. But you watched all ten of his movies even though you didn't like any of them... obviously they were interesting to you on some level.

Unless of course your one of those faggots that considers putting something on in the background while shitposting "watching a film"

Lo-fi sci-fi is best when high:

Time Crimes
Primer
Vanishing Waves
The Sound of My Voice
Black Rainbow
Coherence
Take Shelter

Anything else along these lines but these are the best

nothing, I mean nothing beats 60's horror when you're high

Of course they are interesting, quite a unique approach the man has, but everything post mulholland drive is too pretentious for me. Maybe utter shit was too harsh, i dont like him.

Ty kindly

Adding Midnight Special here

Also try
Speed Racer (I'm told it's meant to be watched on LSD)
Crank/Crank 2
Shoot 'em Up

but he only made one movie after Mulholland Dr, though I do think Inland Empire is his worst film

>Lo-fi sci-fi

I mixed up Lost Highway with Mull Drive, still i never checked his chronology, my bad.

I would recommend Assblasted 2: The Reckoning starring Fedoraposter Jones lmao

This

Here's mine:

1.) The Tree of Life
2.) Knight of Cups
3.) Pulp Fiction
4.) Drive
5.) Fight Club
6.) American Psycho
7.) Enter The Void
8.) Caché
9.) Eraserhead
10.) Reservoir Dogs
11.) 2001

They're not fun to watch per se, but the feelings of the films are sort of amplified. Watching TToL while high was a pretty nice experience.

I really dig your style, ty kindly.

1.Spring Breakers
2.Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
3.Drive
4.Nightmare on Elm Street part III: Dream Warriors
5.It Follows
6.Suspiria
7.Hausu
8.The Guest
9.A Scanner Darkly
10.Ex Machina

>Primer

what a shitty way to waste a good high

pic related
also:
Planet Earth in HD
Dinosaur Revolution

Peter Pan

it's about a little boy who never grew up

my favourite movies to watch high are my favourite movies

kinda of a flawed thread idea IMO. besides the very obvious ones like 2001 it's all up t opersonal preference

was funny the first 50 times, starting to get old bro

im sure this wont stop you though

How is sharing movies we thought are specially good to see high a flawed idea user? Care to elaborate?

I like to see films stoned, i came here with a context to ask for your tops so i can keep on seeing stuff high.

i'm having a hard time expressing myself so i contest that i might just be being difficult with my rejection of this thread....

There are two main problems with your thread. The first is that nobody enjoys the same things while stoned. Some people like stoner comedies like Pineapple Express, others enjoy going on voyages through space and time like 2001 and then there are those that like being scared shitless by horror movies. The second problem with this thread is that smoking weed enhances every aspect of film. Thus trying to quantify if a movie was enjoyable because you were baked or because it was a good movie is pointless.

So the answers to your thread will never give you the answer you want because what you want is movies that YOU will enjoy after smoking. So instead you should meditate on what you like to watch high and then get recommendations for that.

I agree, you are right.

I want stuff like Vanilla Sky, The Game, Donnie Darko, 12 Monkeys. Thats my actual interest in movies.

Alternate realities, paralel universes, time travel, hard times discerning fiction from reality etc.

Liquid Sky
Ski-doo
El Topo