Eternal /got/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10183005
youtube.com/watch?v=P60DvC1PU_Q
io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-this-is-what-the-iron-throne-really-721293015
strawpoll.me/10183073
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does that pic show Jaime smiling when he was in fact in great turmoil?

First for Maisie

I would literally put money on it if I were ok with sharing my details on 4chin

Because that's when Eddard enters the throne room and he's acting like a smug fuck.

>“Power is a curious thing, my lord. Perchance you have considered the riddle I posed you that day in the inn?”
>“It has crossed my mind a time or two,” Tyrion admitted. “The king, the priest, the rich man—who lives and who dies? Who will the swordsman obey? It’s a riddle without an answer, or rather, too many answers. All depends on the man with the sword.”
>“And yet he is no one,” Varys said. “He has neither crown nor gold nor favor of the gods, only a piece of pointed steel.”
>“That piece of steel is the power of life and death.”
>“Just so… yet if it is the swordsmen who rule us in truth, who do we pretend our kings hold the power? Why should a strong man with a sword ever obey a child king like Joffrey, or a wine-sodden oaf like his father?”
>“Because these child kings and drunken oafs can call other strong men, with other swords.”
>“Then these other swordsmen have the true power. Or do they?” Varys smiled. “Some say knowledge is power. Some tell us that all power comes from the gods. Others say it derives from law. Yet that day on the steps of Baelor’s Sept, our godly High Septon and the lawful Queen Regent and your ever-so-knowledgeable servant were as powerless as any cobbler or cooper in the crowd. Who truly killed Eddard Stark, do you think? Joffrey, who gave the command? Ser Ilyn Payne, who swung the sword? Or… another?”
>Tyrion cocked his head sideways. “Did you mean to answer your damned riddle, or only to make my head ache worse?”
>Varys smiled. “Here, then. Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.”
>“So power is a mummer’s trick?”
>“A shadow on the wall,” Varys murmured, “yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.”
>Tyrion smiled.

he has two sides, nicest guy you know and twisted psychopath.

Spoilers! I need spoilers!!

It predates Jaime's exposition

1st for House Fixeshisowncar

Friendly reminder that Mace 'The Ace' Tyrell is objectively the best character in the entire show

Rate my webm pls

So we know we're getting Thoros back this season, and we're getting the Riverlands as well. If the powers at be decide to include the Brotherhood without Banners...

strawpoll.me/10183005

strawpoll.me/10183005

strawpoll.me/10183005

eh he might think Cersei was forced to confess. Lancel might have lied, he is full faith militant now. Its a lot more believable coming from tyrion than coming from HS and lancel.

Ned Stark is honor, not that dissapointment of a son of his.

Cast him /got/

Did Robb make the right choice?

Preston

Reminder that Jaime comes home and doesn't notice Cersei has her haircut and is under trial, and has already confessed to fucking her cousin (somehow not for killing Robert though) and somehow D&D haven't addressed it even slightly, despite it being a major factor in Jaime's characer (his love for his sister is the number one thing for him)

>Mace 'The Ace' Tyrell

it is on
you remember me, i remember you.
this shit is for real, im gonna get some nice shit with your $5

High Sparrow

10/10 gj

>tfw bad pussy remix comes on

youtube.com/watch?v=P60DvC1PU_Q

>GRRM releasing a "new" TWOW chapter because he's not done writing
>It's a shitty Arianne chapter we already know about

Kill me

Ser Dontos Hollard

breddy gud/20

That's how Ned saw Jaime

Pretty good, especially Ramsay's face at the end when he hears Dany.

At worst, it's not... perky enough, but the dim lighting is probably the cause.

>Actually reading sample chapters

Why do that to yourself

he is mentioning it in his blog post, which is encouraging at least

Where the fuck is lady stoneheart?

Well, yes. Tyrion would be the best.

Reminder: Tyrion ALSO didn't tell him shit.

Nimble Dick

It literally has the same credibility and value as fanfic at this point.

Ser Brendan the JUST

Don't you mean Lord Stannisheart?

>still shilling your own shitty video

why are you doing this

Who :^)

t. Dabid

Daenarys Thunderthighs of the International House of Pancakes, first of her size. The Uncooked, Queen of Welfare, Queen of the Rascals and the Continental Breakfast and the All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet, Caloriessi of the Bottomless Refill, Breaker of Chairs, and Mother of Memes

Nope, Lord Jonheart

>it's a Cersei has a personal MegaKillBot9000 which she uses to hunt down and horribly execute people who talk shit about her episode

If nobody really believed Stannis was king, was he ever a true king?

Who wins in a Ser Gregor vs. adult dragon combat?

Alliser Thorne

Is the dragon dual wielding?

>both Dany and Jon Snow will go crazy and cause immense destruction
>the others will turn out to be reasonable
>someone unexpected (Sansa, Tyrion, Rickon or Jaime) will have to stop the now villanous Dany and Jon and make peace
>the story will end with a peace treaty with the others and people starting to rebuild after a bunch of pointless wars.

Screencap this.

Small Paul

not even worth my time desu

I'm okay with that, as it's the only plot that might move this year.

>On the other hand, Martin noted the challenge to avoid a situation like the finale of the TV series Lost, which left some fans disappointed by deviating too far from their own theories and desires.
You KNOW the show's ending wouldn't be any better than the one Lost had, right?

Gregor is quad-wiedling with four Dawns.

>Honour
>Denies one bannerman justice due to political pragmatism
>Breaks an oath to another banner

If anything Robb should be 'passion'.

Changing a tyre is fixing your own car? Especially in some Eastern Europe shithole with vodka niggers

the entire point of this riddle was Varys psychoanalysing Tyrion to see where his allegiance was. Tyrion says "the sellsword" has the power, and in this analogy, the sellsword is Tyrion. Varys realises that Tyrion is the agent of his own fate and is loyal to himself, which is how Varys learns how to manipulate Tyrion by fanning his ego and his self worth (see the small man, large shadow comment immediately after)

Then Gregor wins, unless there is a wounded frog to back stab him.

I'm so sick of the oppression those westerosi assholes enforce on the dothraki. Open borders and unrestricted immigration now! All businesses must hire at least 25% dothraki, 25% of maesters must be dothraki, cede areas around kings landing and parts of the north to dothraki control so they have a safe space where westerosi racists can't hurt them. The hand must be dothraki

Why would Tyrion be the sellsword and not the rich man

They're fucked either way, there'll always be a side complaining it's too predictable and always be a side complaining its not what they wanted.

>hurr durr

He's baiting him to see if he suspects Littlefinger.

In the books I haven't gotten to the ToJ scene, but did Howland Reed survive there? and does he actually survive in the show?
We've all seen him stabbing Dayne in the back but would that have been like a last effort before he died, or did he actually survive while being cut from side to side?

Do you think Martin is actively ripping off fan theories at this point? In the same way Anne Rice does but without explicitly acknowledging it?

Best character is best

>“Amazing episode last night. Talk about a gut punch. Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros. (I need to do something about that.)”

post yfw this is when GRRM decided to have stannis burn shireen

In the books he survives, yea.
In the show who the fuck knows, it's purely up to dund.

yes. yes.

Either he's just pandering to tv-watchers or he's genuinely a retard who didn't get WW at all. Probably the former.

>In the books I haven't gotten to the ToJ scene,

m9 its halfway through the first book, if even that.

And yes, he does live, but we don't know if he stabbed dayne or what, it's left vague

could they still introduce her in the show?

>implying GRRM has anything to say at this point
>implying D&D don't control anything

GRRM is probably crying while hack&hack keep destroying the show and doing le epic helicopters

I think that Martin is actively trying to subvert fan theories. The reason that TWOW is taking so long to write is because he's trying to avoid the obvious R + L = J that was set up from book one.

pure cringe

really? oh lol didn't remember that, it's quite some time ago. I'll probably reread everything after season 6

>walter white
>monster

jesus how is this the same guy who wrote the first three books

According to GRRM, this isn't what the Iron Throne looks like.

It's supposed to look like the pic related. Which means Jaime didn't just sit on the throne to take a rest while in turmoil. He had to climb up this whole ugly structure just to take a seat.

And it explains Ned's reaction. Jaime deliberately climbed up the giant throne purely to make a point and act smug.

io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-this-is-what-the-iron-throne-really-721293015

I think they could, but it would require some sort of flashback or build up so that the casual watcher could understand what the fuck just happened

yup, it's supposed to be painful as fuck to sit on the throne

like the swords cut you on the way up.

There are none. Spanish guy, the only 100% legit leaker for this season, posts his shit Friday/Saturday before the episode airs, and he might stop now since HBO got on his case.

How big of retards do HBO have to be in order to do that?
I mean, there are literally thousands of people posting "100% LEGIT PREDICTION GUYS!". By singling out one small-time poster who doesn't even speak English they basically admit it's a leak and inflate his traffic tenfold.

>you raped her
what did he mean by this?

>YOU MURDERED HER

No fart jokes?
(farts)

He was in denial since it was actually consensual

Not to mention he doesn't even share actual pics or videos from the ep, only plot details. It's kinda preposterous they're in a position to force YT's hand on it to begin with.

He did, he told the High Sparrow why wasn't he under trial like her.

Well there's been no mention of some vengeful undead woman leading a bunch of outlaws in hanging Freys in the Riverlands. So either she's already resurrected and doing nothing, or she's not been resurrected yet, which would mean she's been dead for years now (I think).

It would be kind of silly but who knows. I don't expect them to anyway.

strawpoll.me/10183073

strawpoll.me/10183073

strawpoll.me/10183073

He meant that the Mountain stuck his penis inside Elia's vagina without her consent

Penis in vagina is always rape.

Need I remind you that rape can be mental, not just physical.Ser Gregor "The patriarchy rapes women in anarchy" Clegane told Elia that she was fat and undesirable, which threw the latter in a fit of rage, hence he is not priviledged as a high,fit,white male to call a dornish,brown woman fat.

So when does Jaime beat up Cersei or something? If he knows, then REACT.

Characters need to react, not just witness shit.

>get almost killed by Brienne
>warg into Shaggydog
>get killed by Karstark
Being Stannis is suffering

kek

>tfw my name is Elias and reading your post can't stop imagining being violated by The Mountain

It's a scarily enticing thought, user.

No because he died. That's the entire point

he loves being a cuck

pay denbts

are you a boy or a girl?